Mumsnet #34 beep beep witches!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m the higher earner. I pay all bills etc, house in my name- dh earns enough to cover his own personal spending.

Mn can’t decide whether I’m financially abusing him or he’s a cocklodger 😂

There are some very confused ducks milling about not knowing which row to get in.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I used to make my poor grandad peel my apples for me before I’d eat them, and then I’d eat the peel separately 🤣 I was an odd kid though as I’d only eat pasta/sauce in separate bowls, beans with toast not on toast, and even now I can’t mix foods on the same fork (though as we’ve seen im not overly discerning about what I’ll eat!)
I don’t like mixing foods on my fork either! And I only like toast-adjacent beans, not on toast - beans in a bowl, toast alongside.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
There's a distinct lack of anybody declaring their DH is friends with somebody very high up in the military/police/interpol/the UN/a member of the Royal Family/Protection Detail declaring that they know exactly what's about to be announced.

Maybe there actually is something important going on for a change?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There's a distinct lack of anybody declaring their DH is friends with somebody very high up in the military/police/interpol/the UN/a member of the Royal Family/Protection Detail declaring that they know exactly what's about to be announced.

Maybe there actually is something important going on for a change?
I'm quite disappointed. When the Queen was poorly, lots of Mumsnetters claimed they knew people associated closely with the Royal Family and told us she had already died. The fact the newsreaders were wearing black ties was a bit of a clue she hadn't just stubbed her toe.

Someone on here confidently announced that David Attenborough had died (months ago) because they knew someone high up in the BBC. When no news about his sad demise happened, the poster vanished :D :D

I think perhaps Charlie's cancer is more advanced or less treatable than they first thought. Or perhaps the news is about William and Kate separating? Sadly, despite many claiming Kate as their dear, dear friend, not one solitary Mumsnetter has come up with anything remotely resembling the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
In my jobs over the years I have known stuff ahead of time. None of it ever leaked. Not from me but also not from anyone else. That is taken quite seriously and the people who know stuff tend to be professional about it. And it’s really close hold.

That said, drivers and protection officers do know everything. But they usually keep schtum.

Reactions: 11
I'm always highly suspicious when people claim to be medical professionals and reveal confidential health information about famous people, royalty included. I'm pretty sure any medic involved in the care of anyone, let alone a celebrity, who divulged details about their illness and treatment, would be immediately suspended by their governing body.

During the pandemic, there was an AMA from a "doctor" on a Covid ward. Absolute bollocks but Mumsnetters lapped it up. MNHQ weren't so sure and zapped the thread. I think it was someone with a vivid imagination and lots of spare time.

Ah well, I once did hear some interesting gossip from a friend whose brother in law is an A&E doctor. But I’ve never shared it online because of how I heard it.

Reactions: 4
My dad was John Virgo's milkman. Yes, that's right! John Virgo the former snooker player and co-presenter on BBC 1 Big Break
I'm pretty sure it is ok for me to tell you that, my dad didn't sign an NDA with the Dairy Council of Great Britain as far as I'm aware...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
In my jobs over the years I have known stuff ahead of time. None of it ever leaked. Not from me but also not from anyone else. That is taken quite seriously and the people who know stuff tend to be professional about it. And it’s really close hold.

That said, drivers and protection officers do know everything. But they usually keep schtum.
A friend of mine works for a private health insurer. They told me that one of their colleagues was sacked because she was caught entering the names of celebrities, politicians and other notables into the database to see if anything came up.

Some people are fuckwits who never think things through.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
There is a brilliant one on style and beauty at the moment. It’s about somebody who is 5 ft 7 and has a 27 inch weight and wants a 26 inch waist.

Almost 100% of the posters have a 26 inch waist. Then they start throwing their weights in too, someone is a professional MMA fighter with a six pack and pure muscle but her BMI puts her in the underweight category, ooooook then 🤨

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Jesus Christ, someone’s started a thread asking if the king is dead. Apparently, she couldn’t see another thread on it, probably because no-one else has read the crackpot TikTok account she got the ‘news’ from. It’s very unseemly how desperate they all are to be the first person to post about a royal being dead.
It’s because Russia announced to everyone he’d died! not that I’m defending a MNer you understand but theyre not totally batshit on this occasion 😅

Reactions: 1
It’s because Russia announced to everyone he’d died! not that I’m defending a MNer you understand but theyre not totally batshit on this occasion 😅

Yeah but it's a piss poor photoshop effort.

Then again MN-ers get taken in by Chat GP, obvious trolls being obvious and thread after thread of "That never happened" style fantasies.

Reactions: 6
Also if the Russian government are your only source for the news? Probably need to take said news with a very generous cup of salt.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My dad was John Virgo's milkman. Yes, that's right! John Virgo the former snooker player and co-presenter on BBC 1 Big Break
I'm pretty sure it is ok for me to tell you that, my dad didn't sign an NDA with the Dairy Council of Great Britain as far as I'm aware...
I can tell you this because she's dead now, but my husband's Auntie used to look after Our Cilla's dogs when she was away. She said Our Cilla was a absolute bleep, but that's not groundbreaking news to anyone. Her dogs were nice though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I used to love John Virgo on big break, hate snooker though.

I was watching Toast of London this afternoon, have to give you a 🤣 for your username!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Was browsing the Mumsnet expat forum. Someone is thinking of moving from France to Hong Kong with stay-at-home hubby and kids. Many expats have live-in Filipino nannies.

Cue deranged Mumsnetter saying since they'll have a nanny, the husband will spend all day drinking at seedy bars and will have affairs with other expats and Filipino nannies. OP will be in the hook for his rehab treatment and spousal support in the divorce. You really can't make this up 🤣

• Haha
There’s someone asking for a Tattle code so they can come on and ‘set the record straight’ about someone she knows in real life as apparently false claims are being made… yeah good luck with that one!

‘Give me a code so I can come and argue with you’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.