Mumsnet #30 Six figure salary, never eats a calorie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And why can’t they spell any of it! I thought they were all middle class and privately educated. But they’re always “loosing” things instead of losing them, or opening draws and finding discusting things in them.
Yes…and it always ‘effects‘ them

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I once had one that looked so much like the famous mug shot of Myra Hindley that passport checkers would recoil slightly and make comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Border control take one look at my passport photo and ask where my mum is because I look so young.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Do people really get new photos done? I've had the same photo since my first passport when I was 5, I haven't changed at all. Probably because I've never had a McDonald's.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Maybe its the EOD (Early onset Dementia) but I did actually go to a professional photography salon for my last passport photo (MN would be so proud of me). After nearly 40 years of awful photos I decided to spend £20 to treat myself to a nice photo. It's actually nicer than I look in real life but I'm yet to test it on an automatic gate to see if that causes me a problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Pretentious twit of the day award goes to the author of I want to be called Nonna but….
She's not Italian, the grandchild isn't Italian, she just doesn't want to be called Granny. I hope the kid grows up and calls her the very working class Nanna.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Pretentious twit of the day award goes to the author of I want to be called Nonna but….
She's not Italian, the grandchild isn't Italian, she just doesn't want to be called Granny. I hope the kid grows up and calls her the very working class Nanna.
Oh yes, I saw that. Im surprised she didn’t do the usual mumsnet cliche about French being the gold standard and expect to be called Mamie.
I did 🙄 at the poster who said she shouldn’t call herself Nonna because it sounded too much like nonce.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
She should count herself lucky. Two of my mum's grandchildren call her Maureen (that being her name) but they call my dad Pappa. So it sounds like poor old mum is Pappa's latest squeeze rather than his wife of 60 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
We had the other way round in our family - Grandma and Dave. Similar results though, which infuriated Grandma - god forbid anyone think she was on her second marriage.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was SO glad to replace my last passport because of the photo. It didn't resemble me in any way, shape or form. I have a very gothicy look, dark hair and I'm naturally favoured to a 'victorian workhouse' complexion. For reasons I still cannot fathom my Mother persuaded me to blonde. This did not go well. It looked bleeping awful and it somehow warmed my complexion. Unfortunately this coincided with my new passport photo......

On arrival in Chicago I was taken to one side and studied intently. After a few minutes the border bloke shouted his mate over. They both looked at the photo and this first one says 'This is her! Thats hilarious' and laughed at me. This was repeated almost every time I needed to use it, "thats not you!!" etc and much staring until they concluded it was.
My current passport is happily a better likeness.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She should count herself lucky. Two of my mum's grandchildren call her Maureen (that being her name) but they call my dad Pappa. So it sounds like poor old mum is Pappa's latest squeeze rather than his wife of 60 years.
I thought one of the joys of grandkids was the names they came up with for you.
My kids called my parents Jonjon and Mygranny ( Always one word. Granny on its own was utterly unacceptable). The in-laws, who I have to stress were bloody lovely and two of the nicest, kindest people I’ve ever met, were Fanny and Grumpy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought one of the joys of grandkids was the names they came up with for you.
My kids called my parents Jonjon and Mygranny ( Always one word. Granny on its own was utterly unacceptable). The in-laws, who I have to stress were bloody lovely and two of the nicest, kindest people I’ve ever met, were Fanny and Grumpy.
Mine used to call my parents "GampaGan" as he thought gran & grampa was one word.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I thought Jennifer Saunders was funny when she said her grandchildren call her Jam Jar because they can't say Grandma.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.