Mumsnet #30 Six figure salary, never eats a calorie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a thread in chat ‘do you look your age’ full of 35 year old who looks 21 and 60 year olds who look 45. Apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I once met a really creepy hospital porter when I was about 4. It actually was Jimmy Saville and I was too busy trying not to die of asthma that I only remember his creepy dry skin. My mum wanted to wait for non smoker to take me up to the ward.
The end. Nobody had any cold shivers or felt any evil oozing.

Reactions: 7
There’s a thread in chat ‘do you look your age’ full of 35 year old who looks 21 and 60 year olds who look 45. Apparently.
Only on Mumsnet do these incredibly youthful middle-aged women exist. I am convinced that someone once told them they looked 25 not 35 after being pestered to guess how old they were. I ALWAYS knock 10 years off if someone asks me how I think they are, even if the 55yo looks 70. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
well. I’m in my 60’s…can’t buy a People’s friend without being asked for my I’d! Damn these youthful looks!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Never needed one! Quick rub round with a Brillo pad…wonderful exfoliater, brush my tooth, red lip….jobs a good ‘un

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Someone is pissed off because her husband dares to use their en suite during the night. I can just imagine how it would be going if it was a man telling his wife that she’s not allowed to use her bathroom in her own house

Although according to FrostyFeet, he might as well be shitting in the corner of the bedroom
Isn’t that the point of an en-suite? So that you can use the bathroom in the night without leaving the bedroom? Ideal if you sleep naked and have guests! We only use ours at night. When I need to go during day I use the hall bathroom. Why would I go all the way to the bedroom?

Reactions: 10
I'm surprised that they let anyone use their perfectly pristine bogs at all.
I'd have thought that they'd be sent to the garden shed with a bucket.

• Haha
I had school yard notoriety thanks to my Uncle who decided to shoot my Aunt through her kneecap from behind with a 12 bore. I had nothing to do with this bloke, my father had quite rightly stepped away from the tit a long time prior to this, but we had a rather unusual surname and no amount of denial of relationship was going to cut it when it was front page of the local papers.
At the time I was young and selfishly annoyed about the intrusion in my little life, the case was huge at the time.
Now I think wow, he shot her as she was running away, He should have served life.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I'm surprised that they let anyone use their perfectly pristine bogs at all.
I'd have thought that they'd be sent to the garden shed with a bucket.
My husband goes in the guest cottage, I don’t let him use the main house for such things.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There's a thread in AIBU at the moment and it's hilarious. Peak Mumsnet.

OP ordered a taxi and then cancelled soon after but it seems the cancellation never made it to the driver who shows up. Like any logical person, OP proceeds to not answer the driver who is waiting outside to clarify that she cancelled but instead, peeks from behind her curtains, hoping he'd eventually leave. Driver then gets out, walks up to her door calling out to her and says he's seen her peeking and then opens her front door and calls out 'TAXI'. All this time, OP is hiding out in her living room, terrified and thinking of calling the police. Driver then leaves. OP now wants to know if she'd be unreasonable to report the driver.

Her behaviour is so illogical, I'm struggling to believe it's real. You've wasted a man's time and therefore stopped him from earning money and yet you believe you are in the right and now want to jeopardise his livelihood?!?!?

The absolute gumption!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

OP ordered a taxi and then cancelled soon after but it seems the cancellation never made it to the driver who shows up. Like any logical person, OP proceeds to not answer the driver who is waiting outside to clarify that she cancelled but instead, peeks from behind her curtains, hoping he'd eventually leave. Driver then gets out, walks up to her door calling out to her and says he's seen her peeking and then opens her front door and calls out 'TAXI'. All this time, OP is hiding out in her living room, terrified and thinking of calling the police. Driver then leaves. OP now wants to know if she'd be unreasonable to report the driver.

Her behaviour is so illogical, I'm struggling to believe it's real. You've wasted a man's time and therefore stopped him from earning money and yet you believe you are in the right and now want to jeopardise his livelihood?!?!?

The absolute gumption!
He didn’t just walk to the door, he stormed
I did like the touch about locking the living room door. You’d can’t be too careful.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

The absolute gumption!
If that actually happened then the poor guy might have thought she was trying to escape a bad situation and couldn’t come outside or something. No wonder he stuck his head round the door, what crazy behaviour!

If it’s fake then I feel like it’s been written as a special gift for us 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15

The absolute gumption!
He accused her of ‘peaking’. I’d agree. She absolutely peaked. Whether she peeked or not is unknown 😂

• Haha
Because it’s proactive. And it would involve her tearing herself away from posting reams of self pitying bollocks and getting off her arse for 5 minutes.
I know she’s got issues but duck me she drives me nuts.
More issues than Vogue

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If that actually happened then the poor guy might have thought she was trying to escape a bad situation and couldn’t come outside or something. No wonder he stuck his head round the door, what crazy behaviour!

If it’s fake then I feel like it’s been written as a special gift for us 🤣
That's what I was thinking, taxi cancelled at last minute, woman hiding and peeking out of curtains..I bet those things raised some red flags because I bet he see's women fleeing on a relatively regular basis. I think he did a good thing.

And now I think about it, I wonder why taxi companies don't have a password like they do in bars when you need help, book a taxi using the password and they know you need help being discreet in leaving.

Reactions: 10
On a thread about genitalia (yes, the vulva crowd have already invaded it, in case you were wondering). I’m trying to remember the last time I talked to my neighbor about his penis but I’m struggling.

Attachments

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.