Mumsnet #30 Six figure salary, never eats a calorie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought one of the joys of grandkids was the names they came up with for you.
My kids called my parents Jonjon and Mygranny ( Always one word. Granny on its own was utterly unacceptable). The in-laws, who I have to stress were bloody lovely and two of the nicest, kindest people I’ve ever met, were Fanny and Grumpy.
My MIL is Granny, she was Granny to her first grandkids before mine were born so she was always going to be Granny, she also HATES Nanny (common, innit) anyhoo, my daughter started to call her Nanny because it's obviously easier than Granny for a toddler to say, but then MIL would correct her.... which resulted in her going through a a phase of being called NannyGrGr !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
On a thread about genitalia (yes, the vulva crowd have already invaded it, in case you were wondering). I’m trying to remember the last time I talked to my neighbor about his penis but I’m struggling.
What are these areas where people don’t teach their children what any body parts are? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Chicken nugget alert.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Only on Mumsnet do these incredibly youthful middle-aged women exist. I am convinced that someone once told them they looked 25 not 35 after being pestered to guess how old they were. I ALWAYS knock 10 years off if someone asks me how I think they are, even if the 55yo looks 70. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Those threads make me laugh. The competition about being asked for ID even though they were 92 last birthday.

I have never had anyone ask me how old I thought they were. And in my own case, if I'm buying alcohol, the shop assistant bashes the approve button on the self-service till, with scarcely a glance at me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Only on Mumsnet do these incredibly youthful middle-aged women exist. I am convinced that someone once told them they looked 25 not 35 after being pestered to guess how old they were. I ALWAYS knock 10 years off if someone asks me how I think they are, even if the 55yo looks 70. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
One of my very good friends is mid 40s and swears blind she is ID'd all the time (strangely I've never seen her be asked for ID anytime in all the countless times we've been out together for over 20 years but hey ho) I'm turning 40 and you know what? I look my age and that's perfectly OK tbh - the sign of a happy life well lived in my book.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My MIL actually invented special twee grandparent names for herself and FIL, pukeworthy 🤢
This was the same woman who asked FIL to change his surname when they got married as she thought his name was a bit common.
She would have totes been a Mumsnetter if it had existed in her day 😆

Pretentious twit of the day award goes to the author of I want to be called Nonna but….
She's not Italian, the grandchild isn't Italian, she just doesn't want to be called Granny. I hope the kid grows up and calls her the very working class Nanna.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
One of my very good friends is mid 40s and swears blind she is ID'd all the time (strangely I've never seen her be asked for ID anytime in all the countless times we've been out together for over 20 years but hey ho) I'm turning 40 and you know what? I look my age and that's perfectly OK tbh - the sign of a happy life well lived in my book.
I really hate the trend for women trying to look younger than they are. There's nothing wrong with getting older. We're privileged to do so. I don't like the smooth skinned, plumped up cosmetically tweaked look that so many women go for, they all end up looking alarmingly similar.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My Nonna lived a few doors up from a serial killer. She never liked his mother (where he lived. Had the wrong kind of net curtains to fit in with the rest of the street apparently. Didn’t see anything wrong with them myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My previous passport photo was amazing. I had coincidentally just had my hair done and my makeup done and I looked bleeping amazing. In my most recent one I look like a fat sack of spuds.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I just look deranged on my passport photo.
Which is marginally better than my previous one where I looked like Shrek.
Husband looks like he's escaped from the loony bin in his.
I'm surprised anyone let's us past border control to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just before my grandkid was born, eldest asked me what me and Mr B wanted to be called which I thought was adorable. However, he was oddly resistant to my suggestion of cool nan and hot grandpa, so we ended up as nanny and granddad. Fummin' I was, fummin!!
---
There's a poster saying she'd pay for a tattle code - how desperate are they!!!
How much? :unsure::p

• Haha
I'm reconsidering my membership tbh. I'm shocked, shaking and discusted that anyone would fly. Think of the environment!
I've not had a holiday ever as everyone I've ever met has been a narcissist so I've had to go NC.

• Haha
My inlaws wanted the kids to call Grandad 'Pops' :ROFLMAO: . duck off with that, as the mother of the oldest grandchild he's now been Grandad for 27 years

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.