Mumsnet #30 Six figure salary, never eats a calorie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose when you never answer the door, meet up with friends or buy nice clothes because rich people dress like shipwreck victims, you have nothing exciting to spend your six-figure salary on so you have to get your kicks somehow...and a person being a bit frosty with you is probably enough to send your anxiety into overdrive.

I'm glad it was bollocks because it would have been really spiteful if it was true. Hell, it was pretty spiteful from all the posters who thought it was real and were baying for blood over a bleeping car share that didn't even exist any more in the story.
Yes the comments about the fictional lift to work blagger were malicious. I didn’t believe it when she said the woman sat in the back seat. No one would do that, and over the course of two years, a friendship would develop.

Reactions: 3
I do get they need to fund the site somehow (obviously premium memberships are probably their primary income source though) but I find their ‘promoted by Mumsnet’ threads clutter up my feed. This one certainly sounds like a ringing endorsement!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I'd have thought the MN calenders would have flown off the shelves, making enough revenue to keep the site and it's owners in luxury.
However, in my local Asda, they don't seem to be shifting at all, even if they do have built in family planners! Yesterday there was stacks of them, but the ones of fluffy kittens and cute puppies etc had all but sold out.
They want a chuffing fiver for it too!
To be honest, it's hardly surprising that they're not shifting, would you want to advertise the fact that you're a mnetter to everyone who comes in your house? 😂
That said, no one over there answers their door to let anyone in.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.