Mumsnet #30 Six figure salary, never eats a calorie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The “woo” thread about meeting people and being scared of them for no reason.. full of people claiming to have encountered Levi Bellfield, Rose and Fred West etc.. sure you did 🤨 I don’t believe for a second numerous people on one thread on MN have this in common, so what would possess people to make up stuff like this? It’s so disturbing.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
The “woo” thread about meeting people and being scared of them for no reason.. full of people claiming to have encountered Levi Bellfield, Rose and Fred West etc.. sure you did 🤨 I don’t believe for a second numerous people on one thread on MN have this in common, so what would possess people to make up stuff like this? It’s so disturbing.
Those threads always feature Fred and Rose West, without fail.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Im not on Mumsnet so not me but I actually did meet Levi Bellfield when he was a bouncer in my local town 🙈

By ‘meet’ I mean he checked my ID a few times

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Well havent we all been at school with at least one serial killer? Jack the Ripper was in the class above me at primary.
I also bumped into Herman Goering during a weekend break at Centre Parks and my next door neighbours sister’s cousin’s milkman was Rasputin.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
To be fair, back in the early 1990s I worked in a local government office with a guy who stalked our female colleagues to deliberately scare them and would walk around with a semi-erect penis bulging in his pants as well as turning every lunch break into a gynecological discussion about the female anatomy. Any complaints about him only delighted him as he'd make our two female managers spell out what exactly he was being accused of and then make a complaint against the complainant in turn.

Then, one Monday he never turned up for work. We contacted his brother, who he shared a flat with, who just said "He's gone away and won't be coming back."

We were checking the media for reports of assaults on women or worse but couldn't find any.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
To be fair, back in the early 1990s I worked in a local government office with a guy who stalked our female colleagues to deliberately scare them and would walk around with a semi-erect penis bulging in his pants as well as turning every lunch break into a gynecological discussion about the female anatomy. Any complaints about him only delighted him as he'd make our two female managers spell out what exactly he was being accused of and then make a complaint against the complainant in turn.

Then, one Monday he never turned up for work. We contacted his brother, who he shared a flat with, who just said "He's gone away and won't be coming back."

We were checking the media for reports of assaults on women or worse but couldn't find any.

The sort of person for whom waterfilled ditches and binbags were made for.

Reactions: 12
Excuse me! I once went out rambling in the Alps and while trudging along eating my kendal mintcake, I met a group coming towards me. Just the sight of them made me recoil in horror and my anus weep. I dived into a bush and drew forth my rambling poles, just in case of altercation but they just passed by after giving me a bone chilling glance.
Imagine my horror when I picked up my newspaper at various times in the past to realise that group of ramblers were Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Jimmy Savile, Satan himself, that bloke who cheated on who wants to be a millionaire, Emu (after Rod Hull had died), Margaret Thatcher and Hannah Ingram Moore.
I now never leave my house without my lucky rambling poles, one just never knows who one may run into.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Hopefully the brother put him under the genuine oak 30000 sq ft 6 figure floorboards. *tinkly laugh*

• Haha
I’m just reading this thread! You can hear the ‘doof doof doof!!’ ……….’It was Rose West.’ I don’t believe a word of it!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Rose West was a plain and unremarkable looking woman yet all these mumsnetters remember sitting next to her on the bus in 1985. There’s probably some poor bespectacled woman out there who has no idea that some random on the internet thinks she’s one of Britain’s most notorious serial killers!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Rose West was a plain and unremarkable looking woman yet all these mumsnetters remember sitting next to her on the bus in 1985. There’s probably some poor bespectacled woman out there who has no idea that some random on the internet thinks she’s one of Britain’s most notorious serial killers!
Well exactly. I couldn’t pick the woman I sat next to on the bus this morning out of a line up, let alone remember some random encounter from years ago.
They’re all bleeping mental. What a bizarre thing to make up.

Who knew so many MNetters are from Gloucester? I actually am and although I know people who knew the family or lived in the same street, I never actually saw them or met them - thank duck!

• Haha
This is the kind of thing I used to make up when I was a teenager. I grew up in an extremely boring town of curtain twitching proto-MNers where nothing of note ever happened since Sir Arthur Conan Doyle died there in 1930. There was bugger all to do apart from daydream and I managed to regularly convince myself that I'd had some sort of "near miss" whether it be seeing a man on the bus who was definitely a serial killer or having changed my travel plans at the last minute and avoided a train crash.

I grew out of this habit once I, you know, grew up, and realised that other people's tragedies were not All About Me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I used to work in a pub and had regulars, one bloke I used to hate because he stank (not his fault entirely he was a bin man, but still, showers exist) and couple of years ago he was on the front page of the local paper because he has held a sex worker hostage and then hacked her up.

If someone had said to me "someone in this pub is going to do a really really bad murder, can you guess who" he would deffo have been in my top 3 guesses.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Who knew so many MNetters are from Gloucester? I actually am and although I know people who knew the family or lived in the same street, I never actually saw them or met them - thank duck!
Oh Rose has been all over the place trying to pick up Mumsnetters! London/East Anglia/the job centre….

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I used to work in a pub and had regulars, one bloke I used to hate because he stank (not his fault entirely he was a bin man, but still, showers exist) and couple of years ago he was on the front page of the local paper because he has held a sex worker hostage and then hacked her up.

If someone had said to me "someone in this pub is going to do a really really bad murder, can you guess who" he would deffo have been in my top 3 guesses.
See these threads worry me because I’ve met two men who turned out to be proper bad people later on (both ponces, one with a side of financial crimes) and both seemed fairly normal to me when I met them a few times in passing.

one was just your common garden variety benefits-lifer and the other just seemed like a bit of a rude dick but no more than your average that you meet in customer facing roles. Can’t say I liked them but didn’t get a bad vibe off them.

I think my judge of character may be poor.

Reactions: 8
The creative writing skills are being put to good use on that one!
‘Evil just poured out of his eyes’
‘He oozed evil from every pore’
‘His eyes were dead and full of darkness’

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I went to school with Peter Sutcliffe.

Fortunately, he wasn't the Yorkshire Ripper. Phew!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.