Mumsnet #30 Six figure salary, never eats a calorie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The creative writing skills are being put to good use on that one!
‘Evil just poured out of his eyes’
‘He oozed evil from every pore’
‘His eyes were dead and full of darkness’
Unless their blood ran cold, I don’t believe ‘em :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
See these threads worry me because I’ve met two men who turned out to be proper bad people later on (both ponces, one with a side of financial crimes) and both seemed fairly normal to me when I met them a few times in passing.

one was just your common garden variety benefits-lifer and the other just seemed like a bit of a rude dick but no more than your average that you meet in customer facing roles. Can’t say I liked them but didn’t get a bad vibe off them.

I think my judge of character may be poor.
No, it’s just that some wrong’uns are better at hiding it than others.

Reactions: 6
The creative writing skills are being put to good use on that one!
‘Evil just poured out of his eyes’
‘He oozed evil from every pore’
‘His eyes were dead and full of darkness’
But these idiots are terrified of everything- they say the same things when they’re hiding behind the sofa shaking and crying because the postman has just knocked on the door.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Rose West was a plain and unremarkable looking woman yet all these mumsnetters remember sitting next to her on the bus in 1985. There’s probably some poor bespectacled woman out there who has no idea that some random on the internet thinks she’s one of Britain’s most notorious serial killers!
More than one! She's completely nondescript and looks like a million other ordinary dowdy women. That's one of the horrors of the Wests; they were so boring looking, you'd never look twice at them.

Reactions: 12
The thing is though…they are so perceptive! No-one else can see it, only the mumsnetters can and they’ve always been proved to be right! One even knew Gary Glitter was a wrong ‘un and she was only 5 at the time 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A woman once asked me for directions….doof doof doof………………………………it wasn’t Rose West.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
They remind me of that former teacher Christopher Jeffries who was wrongly accused of murdering his tenant and neighbour, Joanna Yeats.
According to his neighbours and acquaintances, he was strange, he was piggy eyed, he'd never been married, he once glanced at them in Tesco, etc. They just KNEW he was a murderer! He probably had hundreds of victims.
Christ, that lot would be wetting their judgy knickers and breaking strings of pearls if they'd been his neighbour.

• Haha
It’s so stupid - the entire reason Rose West got away with what they were doing for so long was because she WASN’T the slightest bit threatening or unusual and girls would think it was safe to get in her car or become her lodger. Maybe they were terrified because she weighed more than 8 stone out in public.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The whinging MRAs are worse than the aunties...they're starting to take over the site. I hope none of them get codes.

Reactions: 7
The thing I don’t understand with the ‘have you ever been scared of a stranger’ type threads is that person always goes on to be a notorious serial killer. I have met people I didn’t like, actually today a man walked by me and I got goosebumps, no idea why, I can’t remember what he looks like now though and even if he is ‘evil’ he may never be caught, it might only be reported on in local news that I don’t see or I might miss that news story in the paper etc. They can’t even have low level evil person encounters, they have to have top tier ones 😂

• Haha
Our washing follows the " Tombola" school of preparation 😃😎

Everything goes in together until there's 100kg of stuff in the drum and you need to lever the door shut with a jemmy , then switched to 40c eco 5th gear mode for the 22 minute wash 😃😆😆😆😆😛
That's the only way to get the washing done in my house :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5
See these threads worry me because I’ve met two men who turned out to be proper bad people later on (both ponces, one with a side of financial crimes) and both seemed fairly normal to me when I met them a few times in passing.

one was just your common garden variety benefits-lifer and the other just seemed like a bit of a rude dick but no more than your average that you meet in customer facing roles. Can’t say I liked them but didn’t get a bad vibe off them.

I think my judge of character may be poor.
I went to school with someone who murdered her own baby. I should join mumsnet and do some crying and shaking.

• Sad
  • Wow
Although according to FrostyFeet, he might as well be shitting in the corner of the bedroom
What's the difference between an ensuite and a bathroom next door except that the door is into the bedroom rather than the hallway/landing?

Reactions: 11
I went to school with someone who murdered her own baby. I should join mumsnet and do some crying and shaking.
I went to school with someone who delivered her own baby in the bathroom then dumped the baby in the wheelie bin. The baby was found by a neighbour who thought someone had put a cat in the bin. None of us knew the girl in question was pregnant, she was very quiet, and quite plump, so her pregnancy went unnoticed. The baby was taken into care. The girl never came back to school. She was only 14 and the father was much older. It was in the papers at the time, it was all very sad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
You’ve unlocked a memory there. When DD was in nursery she had a friend and as I was passing the house I’d pick the child up.
His mum did exactly that. She stripped beds washed towels and vacuumed the entire house whilst he was at nursery, every single day. My memory of her home was that it smelled strongly of bleach and shake and vac.

With the benefit of age and wisdom I now see that this wasn’t normal and she had some serious issues around cleanliness so I don’t doubt there are others out there.
During my childhood a family member had a woman living opposite by whom we were all fascinated. The curtains were washed at least once a month and she also used to vacuum the garage floor on a regular basis.

Reactions: 3
There’s a dude local to me who years ago murdered his wife and hid her body in a nearby wood. He did press conferences appealing for people to help find her knowing full well he’d dumped her body. He went to jail but for a lesser crime as he got away with blaming it on a sex game gone wrong (nope, according to her family).

He did a few years in prison but is out now. I see him LOADS! I must have worked near him at one point because he always crossed the road in front of me as I was leaving work car park. I see him in shops, I see him at the park, on the high street, at local events. He’s not following me and I’m definitely not following him but it bleeping weirds me out. He’s severely creepy looking. Dead behind the eyes and mouth always hanging open.

I probably saw him just as often back before he was a killer, but didn’t notice as I didn’t know him from the news.

Reactions: 6
Imagine how they go on with en suite bathrooms in a hotel?
They probably stand with their arms outstretched across the doorway while shouting Noo DH, you can't possibly use this, think of the germs! I will be poorly breathing in poo crumbs! You'll have to use the one in the bar across the road! Yes, I know it's midnight and you've got your pyjamas on..just do as I say!!
Then logs it with 101 before sobbing and shaking on MN about it.
Obviously she will then be told to get her ducks rowing and LTB.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.