Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
There is a thread on MN called 'Invitation code - Tattle'. Apparently registration here has reopened but needs a referral code.

I don't have the ability to generate a code, I don't think so anyway, so if anyone else is so moved to help out...
I probably haven't posted enough to be able to generate one...how do you find out if you can? A kind MNer gave me mine, I hope she doesn't regret it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
It was quite official...it's been resolved now
---
It was about a court trial so I opened it. Sender was slack as trial date has already passed so I guess it doesn't matter if he pretended to live here whilst on bail and I don't need to do anything.

I did think about an MN post but would have got a lot of badgering.

Last edited:

Weezaweeza

Chatty Member
Where would I find the thread on the woman who keeps posting those ‘interesting’ charity shop outfits please and thank you?

• Haha

Aab41

VIP Member
Not mumsnet but a similar vein on Facebook. This picture was posted to reassure someone about their child's tooth that had cracked and you couldn't tell the difference 😬.
Also discussion on a different thread from someone asking advice about how to get their 5 year old sleeping in his own bed. Usual rubbish about why can't you give him cuddles, he just wants to be close to you etc, bet they all have au pairs who deal with the night times!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

jackieweavericestorm

There is a thread on MN called 'Invitation code - Tattle'. Apparently registration here has reopened but needs a referral code.

I don't have the ability to generate a code, I don't think so anyway, so if anyone else is so moved to help out...

Moniker

VIP Member
It’s in Tesco, even my diabolically shite local one, and I’m fairy sure it’s in Dunnes and Supervalu.
It’s the one with the big chonky bars in bright wonka-like wrapping. I’ve tried one or two when they were on offer, they were grand like. Not exceptionally memorable to me anyway.
Tony's is everywhere in Dublin. I love it. Visited the factory where it's made in Amsterdam.Hadn't realised mumsnetters had a thing for it. Sullies it somewhat.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
@sistersofpercy cheers.

It took me ages to work out who it was to (ex-friend of landlord) then I had a real dilemma whether to phone solicitor, then felt relieved when I noticed trial date had passed. It appears bastard assaulted his girlfriend.

• Angry

holasun

A friend of mine was an amateur photographer and was invited along to a local NCT group to take some photos and met a baby Ptolemy! Which may be the most pretentious baby name I’ve ever heard.
I have met an adult Ptolemy!!
Called" 'tol ".

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I probably haven't posted enough to be able to generate one...how do you find out if you can? A kind MNer gave me mine, I hope she doesn't regret it.
I think you have to be a VIP tattler member to generate one.

I did it once for an MNer but afterwards paused and hoped they weren't a complete wanker so haven't done it since! It's a one time only code.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Anyone remember the op who was asking why younger partners of older men always get a raw deal, then flounced by saying she was going for a passionate encounter with him? She seems to be back again but this time bragging about them having sex 3 times a day and that they even had sex 4 hours before her waters broke. Think she's after a medal or something
Which one is this?? Fair play though, my sex drive has said sayonara!

Boring Monday

VIP Member
And the surname is Stream:LOL: so it's Dixie-Moon-Beam Stream?
Hmmm, I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that hahah
---
'Not used soap for more than half his life'

The op has gone to the effort of changing their username to WTAFSHOCKEDANDMORTIFIED. Nothing like a good old shocked AND mortified. Just one of them isn't enough
And the thread turned on a sixpence.
A lad I was at school with had a traditional family name of Richard … most of the usual nicknames were taken by the time it got down to him, so he was called Dixie.

LilyPond

My Great Granny was called Beryl.
I wonder if the name Mavis will ever re-emerge? Or Pamela, Joanne, Diane, Heather, Lesley, Christine, Margaret, Judith and other 60's and 70's baby names?
Me and one of my sisters are in your list. 1960s babies 😊

girlinbrum

VIP Member
The curtain thread was something!! If you don't have any advice for her then move on, but instead they decided to insult her, I have no idea why.

• Angry

Melian

VIP Member
I agree the story doesn't add up but I have to say I disagree with the idea that people don't go on their phones when they're in that situation. When my daughter was in a coma in ICU I couldn't sit and do nothing. All the adrenaline set me into action mode, so I ended up texting loads of people to update them. I sometimes cringe and wonder why her childminder needed to see a photo of her hooked up to all those machines or why I needed to bother my co-workers with hour by hour updates. It's the stress of the situation, you want to take action and do something but you find yourself entirely helpless. So you busy yourself and channel your anxiety into things you perceive as useful but they really aren't. My daughter is fine now by the way, I'm just saying stress does funny things to people.

But yeah, the other parts of the story don't add up so I'm not buying this particular one either.
A friend's daughter has a complex syndrome and spends a lot of time in hospital. My friend updates quite often from hospital what's going on

Reactions: 1

repairshoplover

Chatty Member
There's a poster on there at the moment who has been suspended from her job and is asking for advice. Lots of utter tossers scolding her for her spelling and grammar. It's called Civil Service Suspension. Poor woman, I feel sorry for her.
I saw that. Some of them were definitely vipers
---
I just clicked to page three and it's been removed by MNHQ! Makes me think things got weird further along in the thread? Or she shared something she regretted in the thread? I'd only seen stuff about her having a vindictive ex and being absolutely certain she'd not dome anything on social media to warrant the suspension.
View attachment 2553658
I think she misunderstood the acronym that was used and gave something away. Some of the nicer people advised to get it removed.

Reactions: 1