Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I had to pop into my local Morrisons earlier and the place seemed to be full of whole families shopping together. I found myself wondering if the mothers were all Mumsnetters, because it seems to be a curiously MN thing, whole families treating the weekly shop as a day out and ‘discussing food choices together’.

Reactions: 2
I use female all the time. Always have. I use male too. I’m equal opportunities as I know it bothers the professionally offended sometimes.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
It very much depends in your hair type, though. If you have naturally curly hair, washing it too often is really bad news.
I have curly hair and wash it 3 times a week and use leave in conditioner daily. I don’t think my hair smells of anything other than coconuts.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Do they know that a library is for borrowing books?

I love the performance parents defending their loud show-offy conversations with their children.

"Oh Tobias, clever boy for knowing coffee is made from beans. Where do coffee beans grow, Tobias? Colombia, Brazil, Guatemala, Vietnam, Uganda and Ethiopia - well done Tobias!! Now spell Guatemala for mummy!!"
At least they are interacting with their children … ;)

• Haha

daisybrown

VIP Member
New addition to the adoption certificate thread, there are no photos of her until she was 2 years old.

Tretps29

I posted this on the Popsy thread - to appreciate this you have to know that Popsy dresses are in the main frumpy, made of sweat inducing plastic fabrics with zany prints and much loved and worn by men!

a 50 something woman posted looking for advice on buying a dress to help her pull a works colleague at their Christmas do. These responses…😂🙈😂
This is excellent 👌
I really hope she takes this advice

Last edited:

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I have pretty much lost my sweet tooth. One of the reasons I like the Tony’s stuff is that it’s not hugely sweet, and has various flavours that dial the sweetness down even more.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Came to this thread to have a look and see if anyone's discussing.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, the poster has a long, fairly banal posting history - but it was weird from the very beginning. There's no pregnant woman saying 'I guess I'll just go tomorrow 🤷🏼‍♀️' is there? It just...the first two posts were really off.
I checked the posting history and they only joined on Oct 20th.

FolderDuvet

Actually on the subject of letters: it's legal to open one if the person doesn't live here and you need to inform the sender?
I don't think so. You're supposed to write "not at this address" on the envelope and put it back in the post. I don't think you can argue opening the letter is necessary for return so you can't argue you had good reason for doing so.

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
It wasn't an M&S order! Half the clothes came from other shops.
I thought that too but she made it even more confusing as the links she posted were clothes that she already had and said that she was adding to, and then on her second post she went on to show the M&S clothes she bought. I was wondering when you started to be able to buy Primark in M&S but that wasn't even what she meant, she was just being stupid with how she worded it:LOL:

• Haha

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
I'm waiting for the return of Tracey and Stacey.

I know a lot of little girls whose names pretty much tick off every one of my Grandma's church friends from when I was little. I can imagine my grandma's horrified response if she was still alive, it was bad enough when her own name regained popularity in the 90s :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
It can happen suddenly in acute peripartum twin to twin transfusion syndrome. I haven't read the thread but from accounts of it here, and knowing the amount of fantasists on MN, it sounds fabricated.
You’re right. There is a mum on Instagram who doesn’t post much anymore. She had triplets, two of whom were identical twins. They suffered some sort of acute TTTS event during their c section and one of the twins suffered severe brain damage and passed away when she was around 18m. Before that I’d never heard of TTTS happening in that way.

Even so, it doesn’t corroborate the MN thread.