Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
I thought I was going to get whacked when a poster told me how evil I was and that she had reported my post and requested for me to be banned. The post remained and so did I, with no communication from them (and so, I assume, no problem). I admit I was surprised; the post wasn't abusive but you know what they're like. Shortly afterwards, I reported a couple of overtly racist posts. They remained even though I got the acknowledgement email.

Reactions: 1

repairshoplover

Chatty Member
My Great Granny was called Beryl.
I wonder if the name Mavis will ever re-emerge? Or Pamela, Joanne, Diane, Heather, Lesley, Christine, Margaret, Judith and other 60's and 70's baby names?
Most who use Mavis is for their dog. Have worked with a few Heather over my 30 years in childcare. There were a few Pamela’s in my children’s school. Have come across the odd Margaret too.

Brandshinynew

VIP Member
Does anyone read the MN subreddit? It used to be pretty good (the Crumbs Christmas calendar still makes me laugh), but now it's literally just the same thing over and over again, posted by the same five or so incredibly humourless and angry people. I don't see the value in pointing out an obvious troll thread that will be deleted in five minutes.
No, what's it called

MediumLoad

Chatty Member
Which one of you started the "I really hate my dog" thread in AIBU?

The opener is a cavalcade of anti-doggie delights.

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I really wouldn't wish this on anyone, while I also hope there aren't trolls making up this kind of story. What bugs me is that it's so weirdly specific. Looking for support from other parents who experiences loss during pregnancy or delivery would surely be just as helpful?
Well, exactly. The very specific manner of death is surely quite irrelevant?

Anyway, I won’t bang on. If I’m wrong and going to hell, at least it will be toasty down there.

• Haha
There are many many things that annoy me about MN, but the overuse of emojis that are used as punctuation as well as ending sentences with “haha” has got to be right up there

DollyPlops

I’ve been banned twice, once for telling someone to fuck off and generally being a bit snippy with some of the thickos on there and the second time for making up a parking thread when I was drunk one night. I just used a VPN and was straight back in though I think they managed to lose all the banned IPs somewhere along the line.

I do still post occasionally but I find the site annoys me too much. I started reading Tattle a few months ago and a kind member gave me a code so I could join. I much prefer it here, posters on Tattle mostly seem to be able to discuss stuff like normal adults, have a laugh and not be sanctimonious head tilty cunts.
Am I the only one dying to know which parking thread?

VC10

VIP Member
Do you think so? My older sister stopped talking to me 12 years ago and I’m still not 100% sure why, I haven’t seen or had any contact with her or her family since 2011, I did miss her in the early days but I don’t often think about her anymore. To be honest life has been quite peaceful and straightforward without the drama. My younger sister also decided to ‘take sides’ and cut me off too but again it hasn’t affected me particularly, there have been no big life events such as weddings or funerals to attend.

Don’t get me wrong it is sad when families are fractured - but for me I think I just had no choice but to accept that this is what my siblings wanted, if we did reconcile what’s to say it wouldn’t have happened all over again? And I don’t have the time for it!
We don't have anything to do with 3 members & life's much better for all of us without, hand on my heart

• Heart