Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had my 4th ban, complete with a shaming post deletion informing everyone of my ban. Am I going to have to get a VPN now? Sigh.
Permanent or temporary?

I got a week long ban a few years ago because there were a lot of rape apologists on a thread and I said something like "rape apologists need to duck off". Reregistered straight away with no problems. Couldn't remember the original login details by the time a week was up.

Reactions: 7
There is a thread on MN called 'Invitation code - Tattle'. Apparently registration here has reopened but needs a referral code.

I don't have the ability to generate a code, I don't think so anyway, so if anyone else is so moved to help out...
I’ve used up my 4 codes so if anyone can generate one for ChampagneCommunist they would be very grateful. Click on your profile and scroll down to ‘refer’

Reactions: 1
I have a Nissan Micra and I love it. Easy to drive, easy to park, lots of miles per gallon. I’d be scared to drive a Range Rover. I’d love a fully restored VW campervan instead of a flashy sports car.
Me too!! It's a 2001 model - second I've had like this..cost me £500 8 years ago and is still going strong. People laugh at it but I genuinely don't care

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The first two temp bans were for rowing with the terfs on the feminist board and I was reinstated as long as I promised to leave that board alone so they could remain an echo chamber….
Third was an attempted perm ban on a thread that was absolutely riddled with nasty fat phobia. Account reinstated if I promised to read the rules of the site although they didn’t actually tell me what rules I had broken.
Todays random ban was after I started a thread discussing the counter protests in London. It wasn’t even a heated thread tbh but they zapped it and sent me a snotty email saying mumsnet is perhaps not the site for me 🤣
It’s mostly annoying as I post and reply loads on the actual parenting boards especially for SEN kids. There are some outright bullies rampaging on that site but it appears MN are very picky and choosy over what they define as breaking their rules.
There’s a post today conplaint that trans folks are trying to steal a song by the cure. Apparently that’s ok and not stupid or hateful at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I probably haven't posted enough to be able to generate one...how do you find out if you can? A kind MNer gave me mine, I hope she doesn't regret it.
I was sent in this direction by a mumsnetter too but registered at a time when a code wasn't necessary. I just don't post enough - I'm more a lurker and reader! Hope Tattlers can help out the people desperate to break free!

I have been banned 4 times.
I have never been a rebel or made controversial posts.

The only thing that seemed to link my bannings was articulation. A couple of my posts were deemed to be press fodder, or coming from a journo. I have seen a few posts in S&B that were staunchly ignored for this reason, but I could relate to them, lol. I have a very academic way of thinking about clothes, about everything really, and I guess this can translate to 'wanky' if you don't know me.

I did post about farting for the NHS during covid and that got reported and deleted immediately. I was trying to make light of things and cheer people up. It was the last time i bothered.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
There is a thread on MN called 'Invitation code - Tattle'. Apparently registration here has reopened but needs a referral code.

I don't have the ability to generate a code, I don't think so anyway, so if anyone else is so moved to help out...
No thanks. They can stay there 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve been banned twice, once for telling someone to duck off and generally being a bit snippy with some of the thickos on there and the second time for making up a parking thread when I was drunk one night. I just used a VPN and was straight back in though I think they managed to lose all the banned IPs somewhere along the line.

I do still post occasionally but I find the site annoys me too much. I started reading Tattle a few months ago and a kind member gave me a code so I could join. I much prefer it here, posters on Tattle mostly seem to be able to discuss stuff like normal adults, have a laugh and not be sanctimonious head tilty cunts.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

The only thing that seemed to link my bannings was articulation. A couple of my posts were deemed to be press fodder, or coming from a journo. I have seen a few posts in S&B that were staunchly ignored for this reason, but I could relate to them, lol. I have a very academic way of thinking about clothes, about everything really, and I guess this can translate to 'wanky' if you don't know me.

I did post about farting for the NHS during covid and that got reported and deleted immediately. I was trying to make light of things and cheer people up. It was the last time i bothered.
You sound like my kinda person 🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Farting for the NHS really tickled me 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I thought I was going to get whacked when a poster told me how evil I was and that she had reported my post and requested for me to be banned. The post remained and so did I, with no communication from them (and so, I assume, no problem). I admit I was surprised; the post wasn't abusive but you know what they're like. Shortly afterwards, I reported a couple of overtly racist posts. They remained even though I got the acknowledgement email.

Reactions: 1
Looks like I can generate codes but don’t have a Mumsnet account anymore so can't share them. I still read there but won't post as in the main it's a load of nonsense and I can't be arsed to argue with idiots! 😆

Reactions: 3
I used to post really bitchy comments there when I was drunk, I was horrible. And yet the only time I got banned was after I made a crappy comment one night, sobered up in the morning and made an apology on the thread... THEN got banned 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I just imagine one middle image woman in her Cotswolds cottage wearing a “we are the witches they couldn’t burn” knitted jumper being responsible for who they ban and who they don’t….

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is a reply to a post asking what time do you think there’s no point getting dressed for the day and just staying in your pj’s. Is a ramble different to a walk?!
IMG_1548.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.