Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May I recommend to you all the S&B thread called laugh out loud clothing? only 3 pages in and we have fashionistas clashing with those with a sense of humour...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
May I recommend to you all the S&B thread called laugh out loud clothing? only 3 pages in and we have fashionistas clashing with those with a sense of humour...
To be fair I actually love the feather cape. Have no idea where I would wear it but I would deffo rock the hell out of it as I pranced around hoovering the house in it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
OMG, people have lost sight of healthy CAT bodies now? 💀

I lost sight of the twit cat's ribs about 6 months ago.

As the other one is mostly constituted of fluff and hate, I don't notice her on me at night until I wake up to find her half an inch from my face staring at me, but him - it's rather like being dropkicked by a donkey with breezeblocks for shoes.

I reckon that woman's boyfriend's kid just doesn't like her, though. It sounds exactly like what teenagers do to piss off the latest squeeze.

• Haha
OMG, people have lost sight of healthy CAT bodies now? 💀
My cat went missing for two years and lived as a stray and she some how came back fatter (probably because all of the old dears on the street she went missing on kept feeding her treats). I love my fat cat 🥰
B6194BCB-3062-444D-BB69-9951AADFD6F6.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
What about keeping a cold rice salad for a day or so? Presumably that’s ok?
This is what I wanna know too? If you eat it if its been in the fridge and not heating it up, is the bacteria already on it and so it's bad? ☹

Edit - oops sorry, we've moved on! Feel free to ignore 🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I haven’t read any Mumsnet for a while. I’d forgotten how sneery they are with each other 🤣

That thread is a gem!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I haven’t read any Mumsnet for a while. I’d forgotten how sneery they are with each other 🤣

That thread is a gem!
There's a wild one in AIBU right now about husband, who owns the company, not giving payrises to the lowest paid employees.

The thread has parted like the red sea into those who are demanding OP leave the misogynistic bastard who is grinding the faces of the poor, and those who claim OP clearly doesn't understand business and neither do any of those bleeding-heart liberals on the thread.

Everything is so polarised there. Nuance? What's that?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
This is what I wanna know too? If you eat it if its been in the fridge and not heating it up, is the bacteria already on it and so it's bad? ☹

Edit - oops sorry, we've moved on! Feel free to ignore 🙈
The bacteria isn't what's bad, it's the toxins they produce and put into the food. Those toxins can survive reheating where the bacteria doesn't.

Best advice is to cool the rice as quickly as possible, and use within a day or so, if refrigerated.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is a classic:

Poster 1: I would like the black tshirt with the fish tank mentioned. I Googled but it doesn't appear to be online.

Poster 2: It's only acceptable with a fake goldfish. With a real one, there's nothing funny about it.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.