Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a wild one in AIBU right now about husband, who owns the company, not giving payrises to the lowest paid employees.

The thread has parted like the red sea into those who are demanding OP leave the misogynistic bastard who is grinding the faces of the poor, and those who claim OP clearly doesn't understand business and neither do any of those bleeding-heart liberals on the thread.

Everything is so polarised there. Nuance? What's that?
Been deleted now due to the OP being concerned she has given her identity away 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Lol what absolute horseshit. Your firstborn gets a bloody Polo or Fiat 500 thing when they pass their test. Admiral aren’t sticking a black box in an A Class for a teenager.

Reactions: 16
I got one of the new shape a-class Mercs when they first came out about 10 years ago. It was top of the range AMG version and easily one of the shittest cars I’ve had. Looked nice though.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have a Nissan Micra and I love it. Easy to drive, easy to park, lots of miles per gallon. I’d be scared to drive a Range Rover. I’d love a fully restored VW campervan instead of a flashy sports car.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I test drove a Range Rover Sport once. Wonderful car. Didn’t but it for two reasons. One, have you seen the bleeping price of them? Two, I’d have lost my licence within a month. They’re like driving an armchair and before you know it you’re bursting the speed limit.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have a Nissan Micra and I love it. Easy to drive, easy to park, lots of miles per gallon. I’d be scared to drive a Range Rover. I’d love a fully restored VW campervan instead of a flashy sports car.
I love those cars. Nissan Micras, I mean.

Reactions: 4
I think anyone being a first - time driver is limited by the Insurance Companies to vehicles in the lowest insurance classes, initially - unless they have a named driver with longer experience on the policy ?

Reactions: 7
I had a very very old Micra once, a handmedown (even though I was an adult with 2 teens). Automatic. Terrible seats. We called her Petunia. We loved her. Unfortunately she died when I had to stop 8 times on a 4 mile journey home. I now have a 20 year old Seat Leon which leaks like a bloody sieve!

ETA Petunia because she was purple!

I had a very very old Micra once, a handmedown (even though I was an adult with 2 teens). Automatic. Terrible seats. We called her Petunia. We loved her. Unfortunately she died when I had to stop 8 times on a 4 mile journey home. I now have a 20 year old Seat Leon which leaks like a bloody sieve!

ETA Petunia because she was purple!
There's one near us! It's an E reg automatic from the late 1980s & it is still used once or twice a week. Looks ever so old fashioned now. Wind up windows!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There is a thread on MN called 'Invitation code - Tattle'. Apparently registration here has reopened but needs a referral code.

I don't have the ability to generate a code, I don't think so anyway, so if anyone else is so moved to help out...

Reactions: 2
My first car was an ancient Fiat that a friend’s mother sold me for £150. You could see the road through the gearstick fabric and it had a choke but it went on steadily until it failed an MOT on being mostly rust.

30 years after passing my test I’m yet to own a car that anyone could describe as exciting.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The poo trolls are out again . Husband and crappy pants and sponges . I'm lost , no idea whats going on .
Something about rinsing them down the toilet and the OP is being called grim for doing so instead of rinsing in a box?

• Sick
Reactions: 5
There is a thread on MN called 'Invitation code - Tattle'. Apparently registration here has reopened but needs a referral code.

I don't have the ability to generate a code, I don't think so anyway, so if anyone else is so moved to help out...
I probably haven't posted enough to be able to generate one...how do you find out if you can? A kind MNer gave me mine, I hope she doesn't regret it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My first car was a white metro, orange interior, choke never worked, I bloody loved it

• Haha
I never bothered with driving but my brother's first car was a Nissan (Nee Datsun) Cherry.

He was showing it to me when I asked "What's that bulge?" and pressed on a paint blister with my thumb, the paint cracked open and a puff of rust appeared. The paint was pretty much holding it together.

He wasn't very pleased with myself and the dealer that sold it to him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Just had my 4th ban, complete with a shaming post deletion informing everyone of my ban. Am I going to have to get a VPN now? Sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.