Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cadbury's went to hell and took Freddo with them, but the BUTTONS .....the buttons are quite nice.
I really don't like Lidl chocolate, although their Biscrok (or something) rip off of the Twix actually put Twix to shame.

Lol, sorry, Lidl's MIsterChoc, not Biscrok, those are dog biscuits :ROFLMAO:
The dog biscuits probably taste better 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 3
“I like seeing my friends (who wouldn't). We have open house for the week before Xmas and anyone is welcome to drop by. But there's no pressure. Anyone who drops in gets a coffee & mince pie or home made soup, granary bread and a small glass of something festive.”

I’m seriously concerned that those mince pies might not be home made. Or that some of her friends might demand a pint of sherry.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
“I like seeing my friends (who wouldn't). We have open house for the week before Xmas and anyone is welcome to drop by. But there's no pressure. Anyone who drops in gets a coffee & mince pie or home made soup, granary bread and a small glass of something festive.”

I’m seriously concerned that those mince pies might not be home made. Or that some of her friends might demand a pint of sherry.
I'd rather have a large gin and tonic than a cuppa soup and a bit of brown bread.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

What fantasy life is this? Is it Crumbs again?

Trying to imagine someone perpetually having a pot of home made soup bubbling on the hob for an entire week, just in case someone spontaneously drops by. And granary bread, not a random slice of white Warburton’s grabbed from the bread bin? This woman really is a cut above the rest.

Unless said soup is secretly poured out of a tin, rather like my husband’s auntie who once served us very obviously tinned meatballs and claimed they were a Nigel Slater recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There are a lot of NHS bashing threads on Mumsnet today.

The porter who made a flippant comment whilst transporting the Mumsnetter to the operating theatre should be hung, drawn, quartered then dragged through the town by her toenails.

Tell PALS! Report her to her line manager! Wankers, the lot of them. Have they never made a poorly judged remark in their lives? I told a friend of mine to put his best foot forward once, completely overlooking the fact he has a below knee amputation on one side. He found it funny (or pretended to) and we are still friends now.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was once one of a few thousand people parading around central London chanting ‘David Blunkett, are you blind? Tuition fees are unkind’. Until someone pointed out…

It’s remarkably easy to say something offensive without thinking. And as it happens, I’m told that he was told about it and found it hilarious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
The childfree board has been renamed. It's now 'MNers without children' and they're angry. I still can't get over how entitled it was to demand a board on a parenting site. One outraged poster asked whether MNHQ would rename the site, considering THEY have to be inclusive now 🤣

• Haha

Brown bread is absolutely vile and I will die on that hill. If you would choose it over white bread for the taste rather than the health (yes, I make my own - how very mumsnet of me!) then I maintain you are sick and weird 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can honestly say I’ve never heard of Tonys. Cadbury’s whole nut or nothing for me. Which must mean I’m obviously not middle class. Head tilt, tinkly laugh

I must be upper class, then.

I hadn't heard of it because I don't eat sweets, chocolate or cakes/biscuits (see previous bitching about Coeliac), so those aisles in Waitrose might as well not exist.

That might be a good thread to start a (massive, think salad) bunfight over - surely in these times where people have lost sight of what a healthy weight/normal eating looks like and UPFs are clearly the root of all societal ills, Waitrose should take it upon themselves to remove the biscuit, cake, home baking and confectionery aisles in the interests of public health?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I recently saw a post from someone talking about her 94 year old grandad being forgetful and having a few problems. Someone suggested early onset dementia. They clearly missed the meaning of early onset!
He’s probably peri menopausal
He needs to get his ducks in a row

• Haha
The childfree board has been renamed. It's now 'MNers without children' and they're angry. I still can't get over how entitled it was to demand a board on a parenting site. One outraged poster asked whether MNHQ would rename the site, considering THEY have to be inclusive now 🤣
God forbid anyone question why childfree women (or - god forbid - MEN) would decide to join Mumsnet. Guaranteed bun fight.

The men are the worst. There was one (with MAN in his username, because he really needs everyone to know that he’s a man) got really, really butthurt in a thread taking the piss out of blokes with man flu. Mate, since you’ve decided to infiltrate a female space with your important manly opinions, you’ve got to put up with some gentle piss taking. And it really was gentle - nothing close to the vile things men say about women on male forums.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
God forbid anyone question why childfree women (or - god forbid - MEN) would decide to join Mumsnet. Guaranteed bun fight.

The men are the worst. There was one (with MAN in his username, because he really needs everyone to know that he’s a man) got really, really butthurt in a thread taking the piss out of blokes with man flu. Mate, since you’ve decided to infiltrate a female space with your important manly opinions, you’ve got to put up with some gentle piss taking. And it really was gentle - nothing close to the vile things men say about women on male forums.
I was on NetMums once got some light insults/ribbing on the boards but then got a lot of very thirsty private messages haha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

Imagine living in a world where that was the worst sexism you ever had to experience.

As obnoxious as those ones are, though, I think the ones who put on a supposedly humorous show of being under attack are worse. Names like BlokeHereInPeace or ImAManPleaseDontShoot or whatever. At least the other guys wear their hostility openly so you can duck it off just as openly. The ones who try to hide it by pretending they're just so good humoured against the terrible feminist onslaught are the bleeping worst.

There's a man with a chiselled jaw posting in relationships, about how to deal with unwanted female attention since he got ripped. Bless him.

the shock of the other side

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh my bleeping god.
I didn't know this was a thing, where is the board I need to go have a gawp 🤣

There's a man with a chiselled jaw posting in relationships, about how to deal with unwanted female attention since he got ripped. Bless him.

the shock of the other side
Assuming it's a genuine poster, he probably hasn't got the attention he thinks he's got anyway. I've had men think I was propositioning them because I asked when they'd be finished with the iron at a basic hotel. Even asking someone for a date isn't actually propositioning them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Assuming it's a genuine poster, he probably hasn't got the attention he thinks he's got anyway. I've had men think I was propositioning them because I asked when they'd be finished with the iron at a basic hotel. Even asking someone for a date isn't actually propositioning them.
Yeah, I get the impression he thinks he is stunning and the women at work are wetting their knickers over him. In reality, they are probably saying 'ooh look at Johnny, he's got the look of Desperate Dan with that chiselled jaw since he lost weight' :D

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm male and have the same Mumsnet account for about a dozen years now.

I've mentioned being male on there a few times, in the context of my posts and only got grief once when someone tried to get a pile-on started but didn't get any takers. Most likely because it was in Chat - I wouldn't be seen dead posting in AIBU.

Then again, I hardly ever post these days as I can't be arsed with the place anymore.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.