Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a poster on there at the moment who has been suspended from her job and is asking for advice. Lots of utter tossers scolding her for her spelling and grammar. It's called Civil Service Suspension. Poor woman, I feel sorry for her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
There's a poster on there at the moment who has been suspended from her job and is asking for advice. Lots of utter tossers scolding her for her spelling and grammar. It's called Civil Service Suspension. Poor woman, I feel sorry for her.
I just clicked to page three and it's been removed by MNHQ! Makes me think things got weird further along in the thread? Or she shared something she regretted in the thread? I'd only seen stuff about her having a vindictive ex and being absolutely certain she'd not dome anything on social media to warrant the suspension.
Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 8.10.30 pm.png

• Sad
Reactions: 3
It had that absolute arse LuluJakey rebuking her like she was a naughty schoolgirl. I was reading through it DYING to say ‘oh duck off.’ (I’m not abusive as a rule!)

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I saw that. Some of them were definitely vipers
---
I just clicked to page three and it's been removed by MNHQ! Makes me think things got weird further along in the thread? Or she shared something she regretted in the thread? I'd only seen stuff about her having a vindictive ex and being absolutely certain she'd not dome anything on social media to warrant the suspension.
View attachment 2553658
I think she misunderstood the acronym that was used and gave something away. Some of the nicer people advised to get it removed.

Reactions: 1
View attachment 2553658
She'd posted a lot of identifying information in the thread. I'm glad they took it down. I reckon her vindictive ex made a fake Twitter profile as her or something along those lines, and posted racist, sexist, homophobic abuse with links to Britain First.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
The OP of the duck Fireworks thread really needs to take a pill to calm down. Every poster who disagrees with her is a c**t (surprised it’s still up with the amount of times that word has been used)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A
That firework thread is gold!
Absolutely. We've got 3 year olds sobbing and wailing, dogs with diarrhea, adults in the featal position, veterans with PTSD , hedgehogs that are dying the NOISE that sounda like conflict that is being compared to M. E and ??? .
Horrible bastards

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Absolutely. We've got 3 year olds sobbing and wailing, dogs with diarrhea, adults in the featal position, veterans with PTSD , hedgehogs that are dying the NOISE that sounda like conflict that is being compared to M. E and ??? .
Horrible bastards
Do you think that people had these extreme responses to fireworks in the days before they could complain about it on the internet? Genuine question!

I feel like firework hate is a kind of social contagion. Everyone stokes each other’s outrage on Facebook and forums.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can relate to all those posts. One of my cats looked a bit startled and ran behind the sofa to lick her arse in peace. WHEN WILL THESE BASTARDS LEARN THE DAMAGE THEY DO?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
On a thread about someone being upset she can't afford the upkeep of hair extensions and doesn't like how her natural hair looks:LOL:
Classic MN whataboutism. OP - have you considered that some people never had the pleasure of talking tit online to complete strangers?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm gonna start using that in real life

"Good morning"
"Not if you're in a refugee camp"

"My train was late this morning"
"People in refugee camps would be glad to even have trains"

"It's cold today"
"People in refugee camps are always cold"

"Shall I bring the washing in?"
"People in refugee camps don't have washing".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Every day that place gets more bleeping nuts doesn't it:ROFLMAO: what about all the people that never made it to refugee camps? Surely the people in the camps shouldn't dare to be happy because they have it better than the ones who didn't make it

Sometimes when I look on S&B threads I actually think they must be talking another language

Wtf does 'delightfully thinking woman’s frumpy’ mean? Why is silhouette in italics? If someone is spending £2 on a dress something tells me they probably aren't going to be buying a scattering of proper Chanel jewellery. And those shoes are the most hideous things I've ever seen

I just read these things and think what the absolute duck is going on over on their planet

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Do you think that people had these extreme responses to fireworks in the days before they could complain about it on the internet? Genuine question!

I feel like firework hate is a kind of social contagion. Everyone stokes each other’s outrage on Facebook and forums.
My youngest sister has always hated fireworks, right from being tiny. She turns the music up loud and shuts the curtains on Bonfire Night. She doesn't, as far as I know, compare the noise of fireworks to a warzone, nor does she complain vociferously on Mumsnet. Her partner takes the kids to the local display and all is well.

Reactions: 7
Every day that place gets more bleeping nuts doesn't it:ROFLMAO: what about all the people that never made it to refugee camps? Surely the people in the camps shouldn't dare to be happy because they have it better than the ones who didn't make it

Sometimes when I look on S&B threads I actually think they must be talking another language

Wtf does 'delightfully thinking woman’s frumpy’ mean? Why is silhouette in italics? If someone is spending £2 on a dress something tells me they probably aren't going to be buying a scattering of proper Chanel jewellery. And those shoes are the most hideous things I've ever seen

I just read these things and think what the absolute duck is going on over on their planet
"Frock" :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Delightfully thinking woman's frumpy means someone who looks like they've slept in their clothes and hasn't had a proper wash for weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.