Mrs Meldrum #8 Belter Hobbits & Bad Boy Mushrooms Unite, Rebby's On Tattle And Looking For A Fight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are her children constantly sick?? I have 3 children aged 4 and under that go to school/preschool and nursery so exposed to everything going plus my youngest has a lung condition which makes him incredibly susceptible to get dangerously sick every time he gets so much as a sniffle and yet mine don’t get sick anywhere near as often as hers do!! S must spend more time off school than she does at school!
The amount of #spon multi vitamins that she has been pumping into those kids you would think they would be near on indestructible by now... :p

Reactions: 14
ASA ruling will surely have an impact on their ability to secure brands in the future. Imagine brands check all this stuff and it will be online once on the ASA site. I really wish they'd find another income stream. This could literally crumble overnight :(
They must be wondering what the hell has gone wrong. Start of the year they had all that buzz with dailies from The Meldrums. I think they got carried away.
Greed, pure and simple.

Reactions: 4
Who in real life would actually take advice from this pair though? Go to a proper financial or mortgage advisor, at least they are held accountable for wrong advice ?
If giving advice on financial issues you need to be graded and pay accordingly to what advice you offer. If you hand over a leaflet and say nothing and let the customer decide it’s not so high of a premium to be registered or as much training as going the whole hog and recommending a certain product to someone

Reactions: 2
???. That’s a brill way to be. No point in starting the new year being good knowing you’ll fail miserably. Just don’t try in first place ?
??? i know how depressing denying yourself something when u know your just going to eat and 20 more anyway ??? if I want fries I'll bloody eat me some fries ????

Reactions: 3
??? i know how depressing denying yourself something when u know your just going to eat and 20 more anyway ??? if I want fries I'll bloody eat me some fries ????
You know when she was going on about her ‘fat’ neck and said oh well, I love Gin and cake to much I actually liked her more!!

Reactions: 7
Lee is explaining the most basic thing about mortgages - fixed vs tracker and it's all just too complicated for her

She’s never come across as an intelligent person, it’s so sad how clueless she is about things she should know at her age - educate yourself, Mrs Meldrum! There’s no excuse.

Reactions: 8
Riveting content again today..... Reb went to the gym, home, lunch, on the couch browsing toy websites. Lee .... a day of Disney movies with poorly children. Very relateable, motivational, inspirational and admirable choices from 2 young, healthy and fortunate people .....???? you couldn't actually make it up could you? Beggars belief!!!
I thought Rebecca worked full time. Sorry if you work full time then you don’t go to the gym and then browse toy websites through the day....you work

She did come across as a immature idiot in that video. Total airhead. Eye rolling it was like watching a 12 year old. Some things cant be dumbed down and lied about.
Financial advice is one of them.
Thank god lees more sensible and knowledgable or they be in serious financial trouble as shes spends like theres no tommorow.

Last edited:
She did come across as a immature idiot in that video. Total airhead. Eye rolling it 2as like watching a 12 year old. Some things cant be dumbed down and lied about.
Financial advice is one of them.
Thank god lees more sensible and knowledgable or they be in serious financial trouble as shes spends like theres no tommorow.
I think Lee is slightly more aware of the finances as he has actually had a few jobs and has had to go out and earn money. I would also say he comes from a less affluent background so maybe he has had to be more involved in how money works. Although doesn’t seem to have stopped him becoming another customer of the bank of Cannon though.
I must say, I’d find it lame if my husband’s “career” was sitting around the house (that my Dad paid for) watching box sets and being my little man-witch/taxi driver/grocery delivery driver.

Reactions: 10
That mortgage advice video is unbelievable. Her attitude is embarrassing. Wow, what a great example to set to her daughters! She really is as thick as mince isn’t she?

Reactions: 13
I imagine ASA are overwhelmed with reports about instagrammers breaking the rules.

It was revealed on mumsnet that ASA stated last Neilson holiday was gifted and think she got told off over that.

It wasent just on here it kicked off over dlp trip.

Since dlp numerous other ad been complained about.

I have messaged elemis they were really honest and upfront.
Emailed next and matlan saying im not doing my xmas shopping with them.

It really blew up for Tesco and im annoyed they deleted that thread of failed to publicly respond to it.

I think we are changing things
Too much negativity may stop brands gifting or working with influencers who breech the law.
Channel mum dont care.
what did Elemis say?

Reactions: 1
Been following the thread since they brought the house. I agree with who ever said the worst part is how these insta mums ask questions to up their engagement and they really don’t care.

Another waffle classic finance advice

No spend august Dident work out
It was hard and soul destroying.

So Sept they are trying budgeting

£80 per week for food shop.
£50 each per week for random misc spending .
Use cash
Reb loves Primark lee loves designer.

Any left over money goes in magical disney pot.

I cant remember them cracking open that bad boy.

She posted the new system has gone really well on 14th sept

Doubtful this thrifty budgeting reb managed it after sept.

Apparently is confusing to have 2 sets money mixed up in purse.

1 fan said use 2 separate purses.

Another talked about how truly skint they were and reb dident respond.

She waffles so much.

I think she needs to rehearse or least have a script

what did Elemis say?
Hi! We have gifted products to her, however we haven’t worked with her on an advert. When we gift products, the blogger isn’t obligated to post about the products at all. Hope that helps? Let us know if you have any more questions!

Reactions: 2
ASA ruling will surely have an impact on their ability to secure brands in the future. Imagine brands check all this stuff and it will be online once on the ASA site. I really wish they'd find another income stream. This could literally crumble overnight :(
They must be wondering what the hell has gone wrong. Start of the year they had all that buzz with dailies from The Meldrums. I think they got carried away.
I wouldn't get your hopes up on that. Influencers treat it as an inconvenience, nothing more. There are no real repercussions from ASA other than embarrassment in the industry from being on the ASA list. Most of the brands don't any serious research on whether the influencers they use are decent or not - they look at follower numbers and that's it. They don't even check whether the followers are real or whether the engagement is fake or not. Same why there isn't any point messaging F&F's instagram page to complain - it will be run by the PR company who employ the Meldrums so the last thing they want is for Tesco to find out they aren't doing their job properly so I doubt whether complaints would be passed on. Better to complain directly to Tesco than on an social media channels (though Twitter always seems fairly effective probably because it's more public).

Some brands are taking it more seriously (P&G for example) but most of them bumble through with a limited understanding of how the industry works anyway in my opinion.

It is always worth complaining to ASA though if you see a shady ad, because they will eventually have to make changes to the industry if they continue to be inundated with consumer complaints, which they are. I am sure that fines and more direct sanctions can't be too far off (I hope). It is also effective to call them out on sites like Tattle because they do read them, and none of them particularly want an 8 series thread picking their shadiness apart ;)

Reactions: 5
Another talked about how truly skint they were and reb dident respond.
She never bothered to respond to anyone until she faced backlash.

She obviously doesn't give a duck what people think and doesn't welcome comments. Now people are wising up to her shady game she's forced to comment and pretend she gives a toss. She want's it to be a one way conversation and just hear prase.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.