Mrs Meldrum #8 Belter Hobbits & Bad Boy Mushrooms Unite, Rebby's On Tattle And Looking For A Fight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just looked at his stories today he's got AF for the krups thing so I'm now assuming all those " but first I'm away to make a delicious coffee" should have been #ad

Reactions: 9
how do we know the ASA has caught up with them? how dowe go about for reporting Lee also he never declares anything
I think someone on here reported reb could be wrong though ? .... there should some sort of petition against dodgy vloggers and there subliminal ads and lack of transparency!! Considering the amount of attention these threads have received they would tit their luxury #gifted #spons #anythingforfree pants !!

I just looked at his stories today he's got AF for the krups thing so I'm now assuming all those " but first I'm away to make a delicious coffee" should have been #ad
Ohhh no poor costa!!! They must be heartbroken cheating on them and in the same week too??? ya old dog ye !! Who'd a thought old gummy drummy would have it in him??????

Reactions: 6
I think the gym stuff is Reb preparing/trying for some ads come Jan as some of the only places with big PR/Promotional budgets after Christmas tend to be gyms, she will prob go once a week and of course insta story all about going until the end of Jan by which time she will have either had some ad or will have given up trying and will have to stop going as shes just sooooo busy.

I have to say that unless she actual shows pictures of her at the gym im not 100% believing she goes sorry but I just dont trust anything she says anymore.

Reactions: 13
Lee is explaining the most basic thing about mortgages - fixed vs tracker and it's all just too complicated for her

Reactions: 21
I imagine ASA are overwhelmed with reports about instagrammers breaking the rules.

It was revealed on mumsnet that ASA stated last Neilson holiday was gifted and think she got told off over that.

It wasent just on here it kicked off over dlp trip.

Since dlp numerous other ad been complained about.

I have messaged elemis they were really honest and upfront.
Emailed next and matlan saying im not doing my xmas shopping with them.

It really blew up for Tesco and im annoyed they deleted that thread of failed to publicly respond to it.

I think we are changing things
Too much negativity may stop brands gifting or working with influencers who breech the law.
Channel mum dont care.

Reactions: 11
I think the gym stuff is Reb preparing/trying for some ads come Jan as some of the only places with big PR/Promotional budgets after Christmas tend to be gyms, she will prob go once a week and of course insta story all about going until the end of Jan by which time she will have either had some ad or will have given up trying and will have to stop going as shes just sooooo busy.

I have to say that unless she actual shows pictures of her at the gym im not 100% believing she goes sorry but I just dont trust anything she says anymore.
I wouldnt be surprised if she does wee victory laps round that god awful living room with their poor mans fire to work up a sweat ?? could just see it now lee camera in hand, "now now dear that's enough we have enough for our shot !don't exasperate yourself too much darling !! I need some me time too and if u do anymore work ... well we all know what happens"??? tits!!

Reactions: 8
I think someone on here reported reb could be wrong though ? .... there should some sort of petition against dodgy vloggers and there subliminal ads and lack of transparency!! Considering the amount of attention these threads have received they would tit their luxury #gifted #spons #anythingforfree pants !!

Ohhh no poor costa!!! They must be heartbroken cheating on them and in the same week too??? ya old dog ye !! Who'd a thought old gummy drummy would have it in him??????
There were a lot of complaints I think. Certainly plenty of people on here mentioned they complained. I can’t remember all the examples I gave them in my complaint but hopefully we can find details about what exactly breached the guidelines, as DLP has already been ruled out I think (although god knows how given she admitted to lying about it ?). I suspect it could have been the TUI holiday. Lee in particular declared nothing there, which was massively deceitful and really annoyed me and many others at the time.

Reactions: 5
Well lets hope she picked the mortgage and went for an interest only and in 25 years time she has to ask Lee why do we need to pay the bank a bigggggggggggg payment this month or we will lose the house??? We paid our interest only mortgage every month why are the bank trolling us???? :m:m:m:m

Reactions: 9
Lee is explaining the most basic thing about mortgages - fixed vs tracker and it's all just too complicated for her

Who in real life would actually take advice from this pair though? Go to a proper financial or mortgage advisor, at least they are held accountable for wrong advice ?

Reactions: 12
Well lets hope she picked the mortgage and went for an interest only and in 25 years time she has to ask Lee why do we need to pay the bank a bigggggggggggg payment this month or we will lose the house??? We paid our interest only mortgage every month why are the bank trolling us???? :m:m:m:m
I could legitimately see this happening ?

Reactions: 1
Why are her children constantly sick?? I have 3 children aged 4 and under that go to school/preschool and nursery so exposed to everything going plus my youngest has a lung condition which makes him incredibly susceptible to get dangerously sick every time he gets so much as a sniffle and yet mine don’t get sick anywhere near as often as hers do!! S must spend more time off school than she does at school!

Reactions: 7
ASA ruling will surely have an impact on their ability to secure brands in the future. Imagine brands check all this stuff and it will be online once on the ASA site. I really wish they'd find another income stream. This could literally crumble overnight :(
They must be wondering what the hell has gone wrong. Start of the year they had all that buzz with dailies from The Meldrums. I think they got carried away.

Reactions: 6
Why are her children constantly sick?? I have 3 children aged 4 and under that go to school/preschool and nursery so exposed to everything going plus my youngest has a lung condition which makes him incredibly susceptible to get dangerously sick every time he gets so much as a sniffle and yet mine don’t get sick anywhere near as often as hers do!! S must spend more time off school than she does at school!
Same, I have three and the only time I don’t put them to school is if there is D&V or HFM, snuffles and a bit of a cough isn’t enough to stop them, only contagious stuff as per school policy.
They will grow up thinking that it’s okay to not go to work or school with a bit of snotty nose or a cold

ASA ruling will surely have an impact on their ability to secure brands in the future. Imagine brands check all this stuff and it will be online once on the ASA site. I really wish they'd find another income stream. This could literally crumble overnight :(
They must be wondering what the hell has gone wrong. Start of the year they had all that buzz with dailies from The Meldrums. I think they got carried away.
I can't find anything on asa website about them. Saw a ruling about Chloe loves to shop.

Only naming and shaming plus heavy fines will work.

I hope they dident spend every penny on house sale and either invested some into savings or other investments.

Do you think i new year brands will steer clear as been such megativity around some of her ads.

I find it so so difficult to sit though this fake ass idiot but this is interesting.

Forgive me for even linking him here.
Take a look at the comments section and see what you think.

Last edited:
Same, I have three and the only time I don’t put them to school is if there is D&V or HFM, snuffles and a bit of a cough isn’t enough to stop them, only contagious stuff as per school policy.
They will grow up thinking that it’s okay to not go to work or school with a bit of snotty nose or a cold
I thought it was just F and P who were poorly. I don’t personally think it’s wrong of them to keep F off nursery. She’s only 4 and I’m sure would be much happier at home. School is different, agreed.

I can't find anything on asa website about them. Saw a ruling about Chloe loves to shop.

Only naming and shaming plus heavy fines will work.

I hope they dident spend every penny on house sale and either invested some into savings or other investments.

Do you think i new year brands will steer clear as been such megativity around some of her ads.
It’s not on the website yet, but should be eventually. Just don’t know how long it takes. This is what they said:

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and from the information we have, we think the ad is likely to have breached the Advertising Codes that we administer and have therefore taken steps to address the issue. We have explained your concerns to the influencer (without revealing your identity) and provided guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes.

(As mentioned, will try and find out exactly which advert it was - I gave a few examples in my complaint)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Has she said he's a cop though? Is that what he is ? I always wondered what he did for a job - I know I find her content so repetitive!! I used to really like her but now I just feel she has an air about her the type of girl u want to smack on a night out -you know the one that makes it all about her and ends crying about a broken nail in the taxi at the end of the night ?
I read on one of the threads on here that he was a police officer?
I don’t follow her and only know who she is from reading bits about her on these threads and I’ve watched a few of her Instagram stories to see what she’s like.
I’ve no idea if she does YT? Hopefully the content is out of this world because if not, then I just don’t see the appeal.

According to the ASA’s current regulations the DLP trip technically wasn’t an ad because there was no control of the content from the brand involved. Now of course there was a photo shoot outside the castle plus two separate meets with different princesses laid on for them, but I think it would be too difficult to prove the control element.

I had a really helpful person from the ASA get back to me about my complaint. I replied to say that it’s pretty incredulous that someone can lie and deceive and pretend a trip has been funded by themselves and that not be against any kind of law or regulation. That the PR company didn’t gift a trip, plus clothes, toys, merchandise, guide, private areas for parades and shows, and private meets out of the kindness of their hearts and that although there is no obligation for them to post about it influencers know that if they don’t they certainly won’t receive anything in future. That the whole industry is damaging and the ASA are failing to keep up.

He was very kind and helpful but ultimately not a lot he could do. He did mention the project they were doing a few months ago asking for people’s opinions on influencers (someone linked to it on an earlier thread on here but the questionnaire had closed some months ago) and he gave my feedback to the people in charge of the project.

I hate the (patronising) argument that Mrs M and few others have mentioned about this being ‘how influencers work’ or ‘how the industry works.’ Duh, that would be the problem. And celebrities get tons of stuff free, but they’re not trying to be my friend. They’re showing an aspirational lifestyle. We know we can’t live like that. We’re not jet setting multimillionaires. But influencers, particularly Mummy floggers are selling a lifestyle and marketing it as if we must have these things. That we’re not normal or not doing things right if we don’t. bleeping sleepyheads for example. How many times have we seen that overpriced pillow recommended as a newborn ‘must have.’ It goes against SIDS guidelines and is massively expensive but you must have this product for your newborn.

If your business is to sell new parents things they don’t need by telling them they must have it, then you’re in a pretty crappy business. Legal or not.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.