Mrs Meldrum #72 Pretending to be Betty Crocker, they really are off their #kindlygifted rocker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh, Lee kicking a ball about in his stories. He’s so loud and obnoxious.
I bet the neighbours love him, gobbing off in the garden all the while. You just know he’d be ‘that’ parent in the playground, being the overly attentive dad then looking around to see who has noticed. And I do wish he would stop the open mouthed grinning photos - I really get the urge to shove my fist right in there. They make me unreasonably annoyed!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Another thing that bothered me “walking in the woods and being at home makes ME happy”

As a mum I don’t do things at the weekend that make me happy, I do what makes my children happy, which in turn makes me genuinely happy. I love going out walks and so does the whole family. However we also treat the kids to swimming, soft play, museums, cinema. We google or ask on fb sometimes for recommendations for different things to do.
I really treasure my children and want to give them the best childhood. Sometimes I’d love nothing more than sitting in my jammies drinking Prosecco and munching crisps but I’ll have time for that when they’re older and don’t want to spend every waking minute with me.
That comment just made me sad for her girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think what has happened to Rebecca is that her job as an influencer has slowly turned her into a completely different person. The constant praise and adoration inflated her ego, and the flow of freebies and gifts has skewed her perspective and given her a massive sense of entitlement. When Lee gave up work was the beginning of the end and she got used to having him there constantly. To go back to a ‘normal’ working week will have been a huge shock to her system.

That bubble burst for her over a fairly short space of time, and has brought out the worst in her. She’s now bitter, resentful and attention seeking. It’s a shame, as when she started she was seemingly accepting of Lees job offshore, spent more money on days out with her girls. I don’t know she just seemed so much happier and I think she knows it too. It’s a shame she can’t seem to figure out that it’s all connected and her unhappiness and resentment have been caused by her job fundamentally. She doesn’t help herself... the buying of the giant house has mounted pressure, and now the dog. She should have looked back to a time when she was happier and made changes to get back to that space - downsize your house for a smaller mortgage would have been a start.

We will see all influencers go the same way gradually, it won’t last forever as a form of advertising. It’s a massive fall from grace to go from being thrown freebies left right and centre to having to spend your own cash. They will all end up the same way as Rebecca has, along with their children. On the surface it’s a dream job, but it’s a temporary industry and comes at massive cost to your integrity and personal growth.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
They definitely ruined it for themselves, the premature demise of them as successful influencers has been completely self-inflicted.

I don’t think it would have lasted much longer though anyway, to be honest. Their kids are growing up, they’re not having anymore, she’s not a fashion vlogger or an interiors one (her fashion sense and interior design style aren’t bad, but they’re nothing to vlog about!), she doesn’t have any real interests (she couldn’t even do gym vlogging successfully as she didn’t educate herself on fitness, nutrition, etc)....! I think there are lots of ways in which she could have continued being fairly successful for a while longer (the most basic being a sincere apology about all the cock ups, educating herself in why casual racism is such a no no, etc), but she is so stubborn and self-righteous that she thought she was above all that!
Spot on 👍

Reactions: 2
I’ve looked back at old vlogs this morning when lee when offshore then she actually had her tit together and just got on with it what the hell happened? She’s no doubt bitter twisted and hates the fact that this is all her own doing their life could have been so much easier but she got greedy and is spitting the dummy out... she needs to sort that state she calls hair it’s driving me mad

Reactions: 16
Do you think she admits to having lip fillers to her family or does she tell them it's chili doritos and they have to pretend to believe her.

I have never seen a more obvious trout pout the denial just makes her look stupid...how much are lip fillers now a days?
Couple of hundred at a good quality clinic. Can get cheaper but personally I wouldn’t. Not that I’ve had fillers just Botox and the odd facial peel

Reactions: 3
I think what has happened to Rebecca is that her job as an influencer has slowly turned her into a completely different person. The constant praise and adoration inflated her ego, and the flow of freebies and gifts has skewed her perspective and given her a massive sense of entitlement. When Lee gave up work was the beginning of the end and she got used to having him there constantly. To go back to a ‘normal’ working week will have been a huge shock to her system.

That bubble burst for her over a fairly short space of time, and has brought out the worst in her. She’s now bitter, resentful and attention seeking. It’s a shame, as when she started she was seemingly accepting of Lees job offshore, spent more money on days out with her girls. I don’t know she just seemed so much happier and I think she knows it too. It’s a shame she can’t seem to figure out that it’s all connected and her unhappiness and resentment have been caused by her job fundamentally. She doesn’t help herself... the buying of the giant house has mounted pressure, and now the dog. She should have looked back to a time when she was happier and made changes to get back to that space - downsize your house for a smaller mortgage would have been a start.

We will see all influencers go the same way gradually, it won’t last forever as a form of advertising. It’s a massive fall from grace to go from being thrown freebies left right and centre to having to spend your own cash. They will all end up the same way as Rebecca has, along with their children. On the surface it’s a dream job, but it’s a temporary industry and comes at massive cost to your integrity and personal growth.
This is all very true.
The problem is she can't go back (downsize, etc) because, in her eyes, that is failure - especially when every other vlogger is moving to better.
She will persevere with the shite she is putting out until there is nothing left. What she cannot see is that this is also failure.
The difference is the former would mean her having to grow up, acknowledging and accepting blame for her mistakes; the latter means she can blame others and continue to be a child.

Reactions: 13
Another thing that bothered me “walking in the woods and being at home makes ME happy”

As a mum I don’t do things at the weekend that make me happy, I do what makes my children happy, which in turn makes me genuinely happy. I love going out walks and so does the whole family. However we also treat the kids to swimming, soft play, museums, cinema. We google or ask on fb sometimes for recommendations for different things to do.
I really treasure my children and want to give them the best childhood. Sometimes I’d love nothing more than sitting in my jammies drinking Prosecco and munching crisps but I’ll have time for that when they’re older and don’t want to spend every waking minute with me.
That comment just made me sad for her girls.
So agree by time we reach weekend I'm shattered.
Husband works most weekends
No famiky nearby to visit they 60miles away.
Sat us my compromise day so opticians appointments/clubs / parties occasionally cheap meal out/park or shopping if we need anything
I will so a sports club on Sat.
Sunday's are my day of rest sort of.
It's day if we go out it's very local unless husbands off then we might go further afield as we only have 1 car.
I usually do loads washing, put stuff away
Homework batch cook
Make kids tidy their room get bags and uniform ready for Monday morning.
We might have movie afternoon or pop to local park..
In the summer months and December we do a few locals fares/festivals and look up any cheap or free events locally.
May is open farm day when going to local farm is free.
September is open doors event so lots free.
Joining national trust before may half term as have a few near us.

This is all very true.
The problem is she can't go back (downsize, etc) because, in her eyes, that is failure - especially when every other vlogger is moving to better.
She will persevere with the shite she is putting out until there is nothing left. What she cannot see is that this is also failure.
The difference is the former would mean her having to grow up, acknowledging and accepting blame for her mistakes; the latter means she can blame others and continue to be a child.
I think the only way they will truly change is if the finances no longer stack up so outgoings exceeds income.
In time she will resent the house purchase as no holidays or disposable income anymore.
Jan is quiet for ads so you tube her main money earner so odd she's neglecting it when others are doing some fab jan content.

Reactions: 10
I just forced myself to watch the first 10 mins of that good awful vlog.
One question... Who the actual duck does she think she is?? Spouting a load of sanctimoanious, patronising, preachy regurgetation of other peoples ideas.

Is she trying to become a guru?? Well news for you rebeggar you have to actually achieve something in your life to do that.

You got pregnant accidentally on purposeand moved next door to your parents.never had a job.

Who exactly is going to look to you for advice??

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Imagine waiting all week for that . That's enough to make you have a migraine , become dehydrated or even collapse

She’ll be delighted that the leggings of dreams are so filthy they’re welded on!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Still baffles messy thinks we all jealous

I don't like their house
I don't rate her husband
I have no desire endless walks in the woods or coffee shop.
I don't admire their lack of parenting skills or her parents they let her go completely off rails.
No desire ever go on a Neilsons holiday.
I don't want dry damaged hair
I don't want dry damaged skin with lots of lines.
I don't want a messy dirty house.
I don't want a huge mortgage with no spare money to renovate.
We own same car minus knobhead personal number plate.
Your fashion style is not mine.
No desire spend spare cash on nails , expensive £60 gym membership or pt.
I can stay fit and healthy for free or cheap with the council facilities.
My kids so more activities and clubs than yours.
My kids attend amazing schools and are greatful for what they have.
I have lovely freinds and family, well behaved kids so I'm not sad jealous troll with sad lives.
Life is good because we work as equal team by husbands not my man slave.
We budget and spend responsibly.
We brought a house that was lower end of our budget so we can afford to do lovely things to it.
My summer holiday is already booked and paid for this year.
My husband doesn't pull stupid faces, be overly loud or dress like a teenager .
I may not be a dog owner but one day when we have the time and money yo be responsible pet owners.
Maybe when I don't have a small toddler as I want to focus on and ensure we do things and developmentally they doing well.
Want to have a few cheeky breaks in the sun until then and pay for useful things like tutoring/music grades / extra curricular competitive sports that get my children into best schools in the area not the nearest and only.
My kids have privacy and won't be a target for bullies at school especially seniors.
Locals don't despise my family or actively avoid.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
That’s what makes me scream about the way lee was trying to make out that I’m jealous of them (via his wanky spoof Betty Crocker Instagram page)

there’s nothing, absolutely nothing that they have or that they do that I’m jealous of at all. Not a single thing. They are a complete car crash of a couple and an absolute laughing stock. If anything, I almost pity them than feeling any envy towards them.
I guess it makes them feel better if they can use the “they are all jealous” excuse to negate all of our valid opinions and concerns, they haven’t got it in them to view themselves or the situation objectively so they just put their fingers in their ears and give it all “ bla bla bla we can’t hear you, you are all just jealous bla bla bla”
Really tragic.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Convenient that poppy had bad night last night so that she can say she also was up all night and not let lee have any rest. What an evil thing.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.