Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
N

NellieOleson

I'm thinking of setting up my own agency. I'm calling it Tattle Mum. I'll give you a laminated flowchart on joining. You have to be over 18 to appear on it but I'll tell you when you sound like a twat and I'll proof read your captions before you post. Who's in?

Reactions: 15

Myla

I have just emailed oak land press office asking why they have "kindly gifted" furniture to people that can afford to buy their own to furnish the expensive house they've just purchased. Also added they would be better off "kindly gifting" furniture to a woman's aid or similar charity to enable families that are in need of furniture

Mumof3withnovlogging

So after banging on about how amazing it is to have an open fire she now wants to swap it for a wood burning stove???! And of course (hint hint) they’re too expensive so we’re “saving” which is Reb speak for “waiting for someone to kindly gift one to us

FitiverMin

Chatty Member
New here, and really glad to have found this thread after the whole DLP fiasco and everything else leading up to it (undeclared ads, censoring of comments, patronising the audience,etc).

Like a lot of folk here I was initially a fan of Reb and co; she seemed down-to-earth and transparent about her brand deals (ha!) and I liked watching the vlogs with her young family. I’m from the area so seeing places I’ve grown up visiting was nostalgic for me. I actually feel like a total fool for buying into it now. Re-watching some of the older content it really does seem like a covert shopping channel where everything in their lives is for sale. I can’t trust anything they say any more which is such a shame.

They didn’t just “mess up” with the Disney trip though, they cynically mislead the audience and then completely failed to take responsibility when caught in the act which for me is unforgivable. Lee, stupidly claiming that characters “just walk around the park” when they’d been given VIP passes and had press meetings is an out and out LIE. Saying that they were only gifted the passes but were “paid for nothing” also deliberately misleading the audience into believing they paid for it themselves for Safiyah’s bday.

Then they of course retract it with some rubbish about the law for “gifted” items being murky, some poor-me-it’s-a-witch hunt schtick
from Rebecca while not acknowledging any wrongdoing is just pathetic.

I genuinely worry how they’re going to sustain this ridiculous mortgage when they’re so unprofessional and contradictory. F&F surely won’t work with them again at the very least?

Reactions: 14

e_is_for

I just watched "My 2018 Goals" on Mrs M Youtube...I've found myself going and watching older stuff to see how much as changed.
One of her goals for 2018...and I paraphrase..."live simpler - stop spending. In our house we have everything we need, each other, abundance of toys, loads of clothes" she then went on to say that she believes should could live simpler as everything she needs she owns...she also plugs a saving app which is not disclosed as an AD!!!
This wasn't even a year ago and her goals have massively failed! How can she have the discourtesy to preach how sensible she is going to be then spend the year going on free holidays, wearing free clothes, buying an overpriced house...and expect her audience to have trust in her?? The selling items "gifted" to them has really got to me, I wish companies would pick up on this, they are essentially losing money by send them an item then the M's are making money from the free gift...how is this right?

The trolling comments are upsetting me, I don't think she really knows the meaning of the word. We are all here out of frustration as we feel like we are being lied too, surely she can see that the reasons these threads are still active is because nothing has changed on her part, no apology (well her backhanded one, none from Lee), no slowing down, ad after ad after ad, as long as her subscription number is still going up and she is getting a decent amount of insta likes she really doesn't care.

Ugh, I feel like this is an irrelevant rant but I just feel so frustrated. Here I am working a full time job, a mum, a wife, and if i want new bedroom furniture I have to save or watch for sales. My house is worth nothing compared to theirs but I've made it a home with my hard earned money...why do they not want that sense of achievement? It really is all for show and in years to come I think they will regret the choices they have made for themselves and their kids and I find that really really sad!

MrBull

VIP Member
I’m really disgusted at her selling that stuff. Perfect opportunity to “pay it forward”.

What goes around comes around.

stuffata

And the YouTube comments just seem weird because practically everyone is defending her against the 'negative comments' and saying 'wow so many negative comments'.......but there are no negative comments because edgy deletes them all (that's what all this 'hard work' is that they go on about:ROFLMAO:)

The result is the comments just seem weird, and it is all soooo fake....

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
What do Channel Mum do exactly? Does anybody know?
Not sure but I’ve heard of a management agency called Scammer Mum.
Their ethos:
At Scammer mum we’re all fucking fabulous.
Can you see me?
Yes that’s me looking down on you pleb.
As an agency we:

•Encourage passive aggressive replies to trolls.

• Encourage our members to build a relationship with their viewers, because if you can get your viewers to trust you!
You can get them to open their wallet ?

• We tell our “mums” if they aren’t up YOUR ass in the replies...
Block THEIR ass!!!

• Ladies! Ask them questions you couldn’t give a rats ass about. ??‍♀
Don’t read those answers. Who cares. It looks good to the Spons. Fake it. Just pretend you care what the plebs think.

• We tell our mummy team, Get those kiddies involved, especially the little ones if they’re cute, keep the uglier ones to the back ??‍♀
Obviously only for the Gram opportunities.
Pass them off to granny then and go grab a #justeat #spon

• Our members Try not to answer questions about spons, If you can get away with it, hide it, the plebs don’t need to know if you paid for it, you’re probably gonna stick it on eBay after so just keep ?

We know at Scammer mum it takes a community to con the internet.
We’re in this together ladies.
Go team go. ?

Stealth1902

How F&@“ing thick and stupid is Rebecca? Shes apologised for the Ads and said there wont be any for a while and then GUESS WHAT, That video is bloody sponsored!! I am in this industry as well wont say any more than that but shes a p1ss taker, a joker, ive lost all respect for her and shes an embarassment to those of us who are REAL family VLOGGERS! What a joke.... fuming...

Stealth1902

Mrs M has no right to call herself a family vlogger anymore. She’s a sales person and that’s all.
I am a family vlogger and shes making us look like a joke, giving us all a bad name. I used to like her and now shes just infuriating me! Shes full of shit and lies and does t deserve her platform!!

Reactions: 13

OliviaPope

New here, and really glad to have found this thread after the whole DLP fiasco and everything else leading up to it (undeclared ads, censoring of comments, patronising the audience,etc).

Like a lot of folk here I was initially a fan of Reb and co; she seemed down-to-earth and transparent about her brand deals (ha!) and I liked watching the vlogs with her young family. I’m from the area so seeing places I’ve grown up visiting was nostalgic for me. I actually feel like a total fool for buying into it now. Re-watching some of the older content it really does seem like a covert shopping channel where everything in their lives is for sale. I can’t trust anything they say any more which is such a shame.

They didn’t just “mess up” with the Disney trip though, they cynically mislead the audience and then completely failed to take responsibility when caught in the act which for me is unforgivable. Lee, stupidly claiming that characters “just walk around the park” when they’d been given VIP passes and had press meetings is an out and out LIE. Saying that they were only gifted the passes but were “paid for nothing” also deliberately misleading the audience into believing they paid for it themselves for Safiyah’s bday.

Then they of course retract it with some rubbish about the law for “gifted” items being murky, some poor-me-it’s-a-witch hunt schtick
from Rebecca while not acknowledging any wrongdoing is just pathetic.

I genuinely worry how they’re going to sustain this ridiculous mortgage when they’re so unprofessional and contradictory. F&F surely won’t work with them again at the very least?
Welcome FitiverMin, love the name!! Aye I ken fit ya mean! Mast folk fae the local area are nae feel, we didna come doon the Clyde in a banana boat!

copperbuck

Going back to her post about being honest when doing ads etc, when Mrs M did The Salt Cave vlogs and insta posts last year she never disclosed these were ads/promoted even though she was paid to do them.. I know this as I worked there at the time and met her! Although it was pretty obvious she was promoting them by the length of her posts about them ?‍♀

stuffata

the new vlog is hilarious...the footage of her sitting on the sofa pretending to work....conference call to youtube....so good to talk to people in the industry.

Oh edgy you are indeed a captain of industry not a pyramid sales merchant...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Thing is I preferred the content when she was doing it as a hobby/sideline when Lee was working and they didn't take 4/5 holidays a year and live in an unobtainable (for most couples in their 20/30s). I see no benefits having the endless stream of Ads for the viewers only for them. I want to watch a family I consider similar to my own. Now I have nothing in common with her or her family so I don't bother to watch.

Mabelrose

VIP Member
Why do influencers ask where to get stuff.?? Surely that’s their bloody job!!! Ahhh yes.....hint hint companies...send it me for free!!!! God I hate the greed!

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Hope this title was ok, we were 60 over already.
Bladdy hell the Meldrum thread moves fast.
Is this a compliment or an insult ?

Welcome Lee and Rebecca!
Glad to have you on thread 5! It’s not quite Disney but have a good time ?

Jeakat

I never can understand a mother leaving a sick child unless they have to work etc but to just go out with friends I would have sent Lee or stayed home and cancelled probably called my friends and asked if they would take my child which I know they would I've done similar in the past when sick children or work gets in the way. But I just couldn't leave my sick child to just go out and especially if I thought my other half was going to take her out shopping just what a sick baby needs.
On another note so the whole lie pity party sorry people not believing it, the I'm so upset I'm being witch hunted ive called the police blah blah blah wasnt the reason she's been quiet the last couple of days or put her phone away yesterday it was cos poppy was ill????? Really Reb you just keep making it harder and harder to believe anything you say.
To be fair, I don’t personally think that’s just a mothers responsibility. Recently my husband took one of the kids to the drs and the dr asked him outright if I couldn’t come. He said, “No, but they’re my kids, too.”

I probably wouldn’t choose to go out socially when my kids are ill but I would take the other kids out. And it’s nice she’s spending time with just Safiyah. I think assuming that mothers should stay home with their kids when ill just feeds into the narrative of mothers having to do and be everything otherwise they’re seen as crap. And that’s just as unhelpful towards maternal mental health as what these influencers are doing imo.

That being said....there is now way a child, even in a great mood, should be going anywhere when they have hand, foot and mouth unless absolutely unavoidable. They really have no clue do they? ??‍♀

clm77

Ok I caved and just watched yesterdays vlog well this was obviously filmed a few days ago as she says they have decided to use the playroom as a dining room and also before the live because the formal/adults lounge still has the tv on the floor.

So what did I gain from this vlog you might ask and it is that Reb is my new Sarah Ingham I always said when Sarah opens her mouth shit falls out and now it appears I can confidently say this is true of Reb the shit just falls out right from the start of the vlog where she opens it saying how sorry she is about the AD shes heard what people are telling her and she will be pulling it back with the ADs well that was filmed a few days ago Reb and I have lost count of how many ADs we have seen since that so what you really said to me was blah blah blah blah shit rolling out couldn't care two hoots kerching kerching kerching some more shit then rolled out. She should rename this channel to Mrs Meldrum talks shit.

Also poor Poppy shes having in Rebs words The Witching Hours aww poor poppy is hard work between 3-5 yes mosts babies have that once they start moving and not napping as much because they start to get tired from being on the move so much they need interaction and are not as happy just being left to roam the floors but just shove her in the pram and go for a walk that way you can keep vlogging instead of playing and cuddling her. Did notice S had the witching hours (I think naming them the I cant be bother hours would be better for you Reb) but that F was not mentioned.

Im not going to even talk about the maths saga cos that just irritates me as it was not a hard sum, cant wait for multiplying fractions that should be fun to see.

Oh and then the shit started rolling again but this time #AD shit cos ive never seen the girls wearing the garmin watches but apparently they never take them off wear them swimming and in the bath oh the shit just keeps rolling.

And to end it all poor Reb and Lee just cant catch a break broken babies, broken Lee and now broken coal !!!!!!

Nicolej33

Have to say I thik it's unfair people judging about her going to work because poppy is ill. At the end of the day no one would berate a father for going to work when his wife was a stay at home mum and there to look after the kids, no one would say he should be there too. So it should work both ways. Lee really won't of been invited to YouTube. Her channel is called Mrs Meldrum, its essentially her business. He will be down as a director so he can take a wage and dividends to make themselves more money that's all.