Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If posting about your child attracts viewer engagement then posting about a sick child attracts even more. And posting about child under the age of two who is sick..you've hit the engagement jackpot. You've just reserved the equivalent of a Netflix boxset in terms of ongoing interest and concern...it can go on for days, no weeks! Every sniffle, every change in poo habits, the slightest raise in temperature.

And after all, what kind of callous person could dare criticise or doubt the motives of the mother of a sick child?!!!
The sick child's mother is off to London tommorow.
She feels guilty.
The sick childs father is a stay at home dad and probably does over 50% parenting.
Why does the mum feel guilty?

But you realise her post is the post setting this tone, not us!
She coming across like she has to leave her poor darling poppy with her dad but not to worry...
Mummy will be back by bed time after mummy earns the bread ?
She makes him look like her nanny, not us!
He does 50% of the parenting I assume so why not give him credit,
if this post was on Lees page as he went off to work we would read it very differently!
They both parent, they’re both stay at home parents, him more so than her really.
So why not give him the respect he’s due.
It can be easy to read into her post too much I agree but I just wish she would tone down the martyr role a notch.
What I think she is trying to do is pre-empt criticism of her role as a mother. That is all. She is placating posters by lettingbthem know she appreciates that her daughter is unwell and she is doing her utmost to be there when she can; and this coincidentally is bedtime. Re. your comment if this was on Lee's page, is your problem as you are clearly buying into the gender stereotypes of patenting and quite frankly everyday sexism towards women and girls.

Reactions: 1
I would like to hear her version on how she justifys exposing her children for the world to see. And her opinion on children bringing food to the table. All she says is its so nice to look back on those videos.

Hey.. Rosieposie...the quote came from Keith Weed, head of marketing at Unilever. Brands are very aware of widespread influencer fraud. I suggest you Google it. Or read a markeing site like the Drum.

Reactions: 3
I think the thing is, is that she was out all day whilst Poppy was sick, and will do the same tomorrow. I appreciate that the work couldn't be changed, but if you knew you were going to be away from your poorly baby tomorrow, wouldn't you swap with Lee so you could be there today? I mean I'm on my own now, but I would have kind of thought that when we were together my husband would have wanted to be with our sick son to comfort him if he was going to work the next day? So it isn't a sexist thing, but a parent thing?

Hey.. Rosieposie...the quote came from Keith Weed, head of marketing at Unilever. Brands are very aware of widespread influencer fraud. I suggest you Google it. Or read a markeing site like the Drum.
But did he 'apparently' say it; or really say it? ?

Mmmmmmm....lets start with the "a leading ad executive APPARENTLY said" shall we? Seriously? Who has conducted this 'research' and the reasons why such research is valid?
I just replied.

It was Keith Weed, head of marketing at Unilever. Brands are very aware that influencers buy subs and views and their follower counts may be exaggerated.
Do your own research.

I just replied.

It was Keith Weed, head of marketing at Unilever. Brands are very aware that influencers buy subs and views and their follower counts may be exaggerated.
Do your own research.
Not an appropriate response. If you want to be taken seriously (I assume you don't) then credit your source and authority when making statements. I shouldn't have to do any research; you contributed on here and whilst doing so, it is YOUR responsibility to support any statements made.

Not an appropriate response. If you want to be taken seriously (I assume you don't) then credit your source and authority when making statements. I shouldn't have to do any research; you contributed on here and whilst doing so, it is YOUR responsibility to support any statements made.

Lol

“Long time lurker here. In Mr. M's last story, the treatment of S was simply heartbreakng. Presenting P with the bubble wand from DLP. S, who clearly has so much love for P, demonstrated by her loving chatter to P about the wand. The only response Reb is capable of uttering is "stop talking, let her enjoy the bubbles". The enjoyment of the bubbles could only be heightened by P's loving chatter. I have shown more respect to tit on my shoe. Poor little S”

“The ‘mother’ is killing her daughters sparkle, it’s cruel “

@Rosieposie you do come out with some entertaining posts ?
I remember quite a few were annoyed you tried to paint Rebecca as the bad guy here. For absolutely no reason. As this was all lies.
Funny I was just reminded of your username now ?

Reactions: 1
I think the thing is, is that she was out all day whilst Poppy was sick, and will do the same tomorrow. I appreciate that the work couldn't be changed, but if you knew you were going to be away from your poorly baby tomorrow, wouldn't you swap with Lee so you could be there today? I mean I'm on my own now, but I would have kind of thought that when we were together my husband would have wanted to be with our sick son to comfort him if he was going to work the next day? So it isn't a sexist thing, but a parent thing?
"Swap with Lee"? This is a completely private arrangement between 2 people; absolutely of no public interest. Why do you think you have any valid opinion on how this mother and father take care of their children when child(ren) are unwell? Unlike breaching a child's privacy across the internet; this decision is not your (or the public's) business.

Attacking other posters is not allowed. - Please read our rules and why they're important
“Long time lurker here. In Mr. M's last story, the treatment of S was simply heartbreakng. Presenting P with the bubble wand from DLP. S, who clearly has so much love for P, demonstrated by her loving chatter to P about the wand. The only response Reb is capable of uttering is "stop talking, let her enjoy the bubbles". The enjoyment of the bubbles could only be heightened by P's loving chatter. I have shown more respect to tit on my shoe. Poor little S”

“The ‘mother’ is killing her daughters sparkle, it’s cruel “

@Rosieposie you do come out with some entertaining posts ?
I remember quite a few were annoyed you tried to paint Rebecca as the bad guy here. For absolutely no reason. As this was all lies.
Funny I was just reminded of your username now ?
Please do feel free to post ALL my posts in relation to this. YOU are a liar!

Please do feel free to post ALL my posts in relation to this. YOU are a liar!
Am I ? ok so
Might get myself a youtube channel and make a living from it then ?
You seem quite angry on this thread with other posters. Maybe step back if you’re getting upset, it’s not worth the stress ? xxx
Take care ok.

Reactions: 5
@Rosieposie Um sorry? If she is going to go on about the mum guilt, then I am simply offering advice on how to potentially avoid that next time? And not even directly to her, I'm not DMing her, posting on her page, I am simply, and politely voicing my opinon on her actions, on a thread devoted to discussing her actions?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.