Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shes really taking the piss with the daily ADs now, though she can do no wrong in her followers eyes. I give it 2 years, they’ll lose interest in hauls/cleaning videos, I don’t see her branching out into anything else (no talents) and her career will be down the toilet.

Reactions: 4
So which is best then, Olay or Elemis?
If I was paying her to promote my skincare and a few weeks later she promoted another brand of skincare I’d want my fee back ? or at the very least I wouldn’t use her again.

Reactions: 6
New here and it's probably been mentioned but she's apologised for the amount of ads a couple of times recently as if it was all our of her control. But since then has been posting more and more ads!

Reactions: 9
Paragraph after paragraph about how “chaotic” her life is.... ? then finally you get to the bottom to see the cut and paste blurb sent from Olay. Writing about being trolled online as part of a brand advertisement... yep I’m sure Olay will be delighted with that.

Yet another product that you never see or hear of her using day to day, just like the vitamins that were “so easy to fit into their routine” anyone ever seen the kids take a vitamin in a daily vlog? Nope, me either!

She takes such good care of her skin, just the week they got back from Disney she was sat playing with Poppy in the morning but couldn’t find anything to take off her makeup from the night before... ? where was the Olay then? She seems to forget what she’s posting and what people are seeing!

Reactions: 10
Ultimately brands are in it for money, any company Is going to market/target the ‘influencer’ ( hate that term, it’s sales rep) with a high audience, look at the bags and bags of stuff sent to the likes of Zoella and Saccone jolys for instance, it’s abhorrent when you stop and think about it, but excesive consumerism is. It’s always seems so odd that theose with money are gifted free stuff but of course as said on here, it’s not free! Companies give free things with the full intention that the flogger talks about it and then the ?rush out to buy it and sadly it works, look at the clothes Kate Middleton wears, sold out within hours, it is a very very sad state of affairs that a large percentage of people seem incapable of thinking for themselves. However, there is very little that will change unless the buying public change. We are bombarded constantly with ADs and when you look at the raise in mental health issues amongst children/young adults I can’t help but think there is a link of trying to have this perfect Insa lifestyle with all the tat shown. Family floggers are in my opinion the lowest of the low, selling their children’s privacy is such an intrusion and I predict major issues in all the families of those doing it. I have two teens, coming towards the end of their teenage years and let me tell you, my kids had a very normal upbringing, no major upsets like divorce or anything yet both had struggles, I can’t imagine if they had then had to deal with the knowledge that their entire childhood used to be flogged out for all and sundry to watch, I mean, how unnerving knowing strangers once watched you sitting in your bed? I like my privacy, I like knowing what my house looks like on the inside and knowing I choose who else sees it and ultimately I know when my kids were small I did everything in my power to protect them and not expose them to any dangers, including allowing strangers ( PEDOS) watching them in the bath!!!

Reactions: 10
@ZC772 I think that they removed the vlogs to hide what's been said and done in the past. At this point I don't think it's because of the privacy. Because they show everything they are up to on Instagram including when she board a plain.

Reactions: 8
The Olay ads really wind me up. I remember her posting an Olay ad on Instagram and her next YouTube video was a skincare routine video which was almost definitely #naespon by Elemis - none of her beloved Olay in sight! Her lack of consistency is just so unprofessional - I'm genuinely surprised brands choose to see past this and continue to work with/"kindly gift" her.

@ZC772 exactly. Mrs M forgets the narrative and just jumps from one thing to another. Yet he viewers know the story better than her. She’s lost the plot as regards being professional and carrying on from where she left things the last time.

Reactions: 5
A few years ago I enjoyed watching Mrs M’s vlogs and a few other vloggers too. As a young working mum of two I found their videos helpful with things like weaning, sleep routines etc. I became fed up and stopped watching when they joined channel mum, where they would all post videos on the same day promoting the same product. I find it very hard to believe what they are saying when they are all being paid to promote something. I think it is very important for ‘insta mums’, vloggers, bloggers whoever to be honest when they are promoting something, whether it is a paid promotion or a gift. There are lots of photos of Mrs M’s holiday in Gran Canaria on insta which are not declared as an #ad, paid promotion. I will be honest in saying I first thought Mrs M had paid for the DLP holiday as it wasn’t declared as a gift to begin with. I think we were lead to believe it was a holiday they paid for for their eldest daughters birthday. I also think it is awful when insta mums are trying to blag free gifts for their new houses when there are lots of families struggling to afford the weekly shop and basic bills.

Reactions: 11
What I find wrong with these vloggers is they are gifted items so they won’t tell you the holiday or item is crap will they when paid to advertise it will they? I’d rather watch a vlogger going on days out and holidays where they pay for it themselves and are giving you the honest truth about their findings. Not paid insta mums who make it all look fabulous. And I can say first hand fhat thr holdiay in Gran Canaria possilvy wasnf the best. We went along where Mrs M was in Gran Canaria and it’s nit where I’d have picked for that fabulous family holiday. Not slating the hotel but the area isn’t scenic and most hotels look like something from the 70s

Reactions: 1
@EdgyLegend Mrs M how about promoting the northsound cash for kids winter jacket appeal. Didn’t do fhat did you and it’s a local appeal yet she picks one from someone else and not local. ??‍♀?‍♀

@Peachbomb I will be hounest too. I used to believe everything. I remember some comment on beeing hounest and I was thinking how can they say or think that she's not hounest. But then I started to realize the reality. Then I felt there were something wrong with my opinions because everyone else was just cheering along.
Luckily I found tattle and got more peace with myself because I'm not the only one.

So....Olay gets rid of negativity is what I’m getting from that ad.
Did Elemis not send her a new pot of cream?

It is all so dishonest...I can't bear it when Reb says 'I'm working with GAP or I'm doing some work with NEXT....she makes it sound so grandeous ....what she really means is; next are going to give my children free clothes, I am going to dress my children in them....make my children pose for picture that I will publish on the internet in exchange for said free clothing....

@stuffata And where are the good work in between all the ads? There is nothing. She said it just been piling up when I moved. And now it's more and more.

Reactions: 2
@EdgyLegend Mrs M how about promoting the northsound cash for kids winter jacket appeal. Didn’t do fhat did you and it’s a local appeal yet she picks one from someone else and not local. ??‍♀?‍♀
This!! There were her children a few weeks ago in their brand new Next winter coats. One for school and one as a more dressy coat. If she was gifted these coats, why not go and donate the ones the girls won’t be using from last year? You will never see her give anything back.

Reactions: 1
New here, and really glad to have found this thread after the whole DLP fiasco and everything else leading up to it (undeclared ads, censoring of comments, patronising the audience,etc).

Like a lot of folk here I was initially a fan of Reb and co; she seemed down-to-earth and transparent about her brand deals (ha!) and I liked watching the vlogs with her young family. I’m from the area so seeing places I’ve grown up visiting was nostalgic for me. I actually feel like a total fool for buying into it now. Re-watching some of the older content it really does seem like a covert shopping channel where everything in their lives is for sale. I can’t trust anything they say any more which is such a shame.

They didn’t just “mess up” with the Disney trip though, they cynically mislead the audience and then completely failed to take responsibility when caught in the act which for me is unforgivable. Lee, stupidly claiming that characters “just walk around the park” when they’d been given VIP passes and had press meetings is an out and out LIE. Saying that they were only gifted the passes but were “paid for nothing” also deliberately misleading the audience into believing they paid for it themselves for Safiyah’s bday.

Then they of course retract it with some rubbish about the law for “gifted” items being murky, some poor-me-it’s-a-witch hunt schtick
from Rebecca while not acknowledging any wrongdoing is just pathetic.

I genuinely worry how they’re going to sustain this ridiculous mortgage when they’re so unprofessional and contradictory. F&F surely won’t work with them again at the very least?

Reactions: 14
New here, and really glad to have found this thread after the whole DLP fiasco and everything else leading up to it (undeclared ads, censoring of comments, patronising the audience,etc).

Like a lot of folk here I was initially a fan of Reb and co; she seemed down-to-earth and transparent about her brand deals (ha!) and I liked watching the vlogs with her young family. I’m from the area so seeing places I’ve grown up visiting was nostalgic for me. I actually feel like a total fool for buying into it now. Re-watching some of the older content it really does seem like a covert shopping channel where everything in their lives is for sale. I can’t trust anything they say any more which is such a shame.

They didn’t just “mess up” with the Disney trip though, they cynically mislead the audience and then completely failed to take responsibility when caught in the act which for me is unforgivable. Lee, stupidly claiming that characters “just walk around the park” when they’d been given VIP passes and had press meetings is an out and out LIE. Saying that they were only gifted the passes but were “paid for nothing” also deliberately misleading the audience into believing they paid for it themselves for Safiyah’s bday.

Then they of course retract it with some rubbish about the law for “gifted” items being murky, some poor-me-it’s-a-witch hunt schtick
from Rebecca while not acknowledging any wrongdoing is just pathetic.

I genuinely worry how they’re going to sustain this ridiculous mortgage when they’re so unprofessional and contradictory. F&F surely won’t work with them again at the very least?
Welcome FitiverMin, love the name!! Aye I ken fit ya mean! Mast folk fae the local area are nae feel, we didna come doon the Clyde in a banana boat!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.