Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
whoever has downloaded /screen shot, can we have the rant posted here.... please not the bit where Rebs named Kermit

Reactions: 8
So those who published her address online could be prosecuted for this?
Kermit is completely anonymous. She had to have been trolled and stalked to have got her personal id. Rebecca lives her whole life in public and she shows her house regularly. However if someone did actually post her address then I would imagine that would be classed as doxxing.

Not her home addresses - that's her business address
the murder house - someone mentioned it here and it was all on the news.
I believe it was rebs who posted her own house selling online.(the cute house they had.)
her mum has been online/magazine showing her home too....
they are public figures after all....

Reactions: 5
Not her home addresses - that's her business address
In fairness the Meldrums have been extremely cavalier with the location and address of their old and new houses. Whilst I def would never publish the details myself, both Lee and Rebecca have foolishly disclosed the details on many occasions. Other influencers (Katie Ellison/ Susie Verrill for example) are much more sensible and safety aware.

I've been here since DLP but haven't been commenting much lately. Other posters can get in much quicker to say what I've been thinking plus I'm in the camp of not really liking the way this thread has taken a turn with the "witch hunt" feel in the past couple of weeks. I agree with other posters there are few here who want to see them destroyed and that doesn't sit well with me. I've always been here for the non ASA compliant ads, the over zealous deleting and blocking to shut down discussion and the general shadiness surrounding the way she runs her business. But ultimately I always wanted to see her make more of an effort in her job, take the feedback on board (and goodness knows she's been given endless good advice here) and just do better.

I think she did the right thing in taking an extended break after liftgate but I would like to have seen her use that time away to figure out how to come back with a line drawn under it and try to start fresh. A sit down "confessional" Youtube would have been a good start with a heartfelt apology and the promise of some new well thought out content to get followers back on board. But in the past few weeks since returning, I think she has proved once and for all that she's really not cut out for this influencing job. At the end of the day, she's just not very good at it. She misses steps and makes mistakes time and time again and just can't quite seem to ever get it right. And that's not even to do with adverts being pulled by brands after they've been posted. It's things like having to edit posts to put AD at the beginning a few hours later rather than originally at the end That really is the most basic of ASA compliance and she's still not getting it right. It's inexcusable and as a follower, it's infuriating trying to work out if she's just not intelligent enough to be able understand and apply the rules or if she's being deceitful to deliberately mislead followers. I don't know the answer as to why she still can't label an AD correctly first time round but let's be honest, she's in no way the only influencer not playing by the rules.

Some people are saying she's never apologized [for liftgate]. I know she's hasn't spoken on camera about it but she DID put up an apology post on Instagram so it's wrong to say she hasn't apologized. Whether that apology was taken as sincere is up to the individual. But she's now in the position of can't do right for doing wrong. What do people want from her? What would make it right? Do you genuinely want her to never to be able work with a brand again? Apparently some people do hence the emailing of brands to make sure they know of her recent actions. If so, then you're essentially saying that you want her to lose her job and her income. Is that fair punishment for her actions?

Where does she go from here? Should she call it a day and give up influencing as a job and get offline and live her life in private? Or is there still a possibility that can she can have a second attempt to come back from it all and turn it around? I personally would still like to see that latter and I think there are ways of dealing with people contacting brands, but I'm just not convinced that she's got it in her to make it work. So ultimately, I think the first option is probably the right one for her and her family.

Reactions: 15
I can still see her stories all still there

Edit - Until I refreshed I watched them again twice now they are gone but she probably knows enough sheep have seen them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I've downloaded the rant where she named Kermit. @Kermit if you do want to go to the police just message me on here and I'll forward the proof on to you. X

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I was such a fan of the Meldrum channels but my word have things gone to pots.

I cannot understand why she simply cannot GET THE ADVERTISING RULES RIGHT. First time. Everytime. It's infuriating to followers and really makes you question if she's being underhand. People aren't stupid.

They took for granted their popularity. Then have thrown egg in face of those that provided their lifestyle. I remember the day the Meldrum 2nd channel suddenly dissappeared. Such a crap thing to do with no notice.

Its so bloody simple. Be honest. Follow guidelines. And get some APPRECIATION of your followers.

Reactions: 27
Both her addresses (old and new) have been released online. Revealing that she lives in the 'murder' house could be classed as identifiable information also.
Taking a video of the prospective now current house's back garden with shed is identifiable, yes. Video taken and shown to followers by Rebecca herself.

Reactions: 5
The racist joke was left in a vlog on you tube. She has never mentioned it or given an apology on you tube. Many of her followers only subscribe to you tube. She chose to apologise on Instagram yet it had nothing to do with the content on Instagram.

Reactions: 12
Bullshit. I do that and it's to do with my anxiety.
oi! no need to get mouthy! My niece plays with her hair and ears when she lies.... it is hilarious, she has not figured that out yet. and she is like ... aunt, how did you know I was lying.....:ROFLMAO: I know it all darling....

Reactions: 4
no. she deleted the ones where she cried and told tattlers are horrible women btw sexist....
and outed a tattler
Yeah I've edit it now but I still had the stories until I refreshed as I had left insta open on her stories so I was watching thinking they hadnt gone 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Hi all, if you've received a threatening PM from a new member please do hit report so we can deal with it ASAP. We've had some very unpleasant PM's sent recently from this infuencers followers and it's not acceptable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.