Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s no ones fault but her own!! She has caused this, her lack of transparency, her constant lying, her lack of respect for followers or for those you have tried to engage with her asking nothing else but questions, her thinking that she’s above it all even with a racist comment! She’s done it time and time again, she’s so predictable that her next moves have been guessed by a few🙄! I’m not on a witch hunt but Rebecca on the other hand seem quite desperate to shift her blame to someone else as she always done, deflect the attention she’s getting for her wrong doings by naming someone online! It honestly baffles me that she’s been so stupid to have done that, what if a brand sees it?!? Do you honestly think brands want to be associated with a person like yourself? What if they drop you not because people have complained but because they have seen her irrational behaviour?! She seems out of control....

Reactions: 19
How Would she get Kermits name? And so say others.? Again threats of the police? Can Admin advise
Obviously they have trolled and stalked her. Ironic or what. Bloody hypocrites. You don't just come up with someone's name without a lot of research and stalking. I would be taking legal advice if I were her/him. Even if they got the wrong name, it proves they have been trying to find out who she/he is.

Reactions: 15
How Would she get Kermits name? And so say others.? Again threats of the police? Can Admin advise
It maybe that the insta account Reb blocked her on was her own and Reb worked out who she was by things she said on here or Reb made a name up hoping to try and frighten people same as shes doing about the police and let's face it Reb has never minded telling a few lies.

Reactions: 5
Basic stuff she should do ASAP if she wants to stand any chance of salvaging her career:
1. Learn ASA guidelines. Apply them. EVERYTIME. first time.
2. Stop blocking followers with any slight criticism.
3. Get some bloody appreciation for those followers who have provided her lifestyle.
4. Make more of an effort. Be a professional. Plan videos. Be consistent. You can't advertise a makeup then next day use something different. She comes across as totally untrustworthy/flippant so why would you buy something now based on her recommendation.
5. Stop with the incessant advertising. You can't have 95% of videos and posts be ads. No one's gonna stick around for that!
6. Explain the story about the old house, and new one. Everyone knows so why bother ignoring massive elephant in corner.

Geez "influencing" is really based on trust. Wheather you believe someone's being honest when recommending a product or brand..... I actually bought products previously based on her stories. About year ago. Vaccum. Kettle etc. Now I don't believe word she says. Its all underhand inconsistent and manipulate.

She needs to get some respect for herself - be a professional. Ad guidelines. Video plans. Drop the entitled attitude.

And more importantly get some respect for her followers. We aren't stupid and wont fall for half baked content or ads.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was starting to feel sorry for her earlier today but am really appalled by the naming of Kermit.

Pat passive aggressively DM’d Kermit on insta a while back and she posted on here about it so they probably got the name from that. However I don’t think she was the only one he messaged so they could well have got the name confused with others. Hopefully it wasn’t the right name, and hopefully not too many sheep saw it before it was deleted.

Reactions: 17
I don’t think Kermit cares that the Meldrums know who she is but naming her so publicly was really out of order. I hope she’s ok.

Reactions: 18
Watched everything unfold since DLP it has been very sad and hard watching. I feel Mrs Meldrum’s time online is coming to an end, not by her own choice.

I do not condone any of what is said about her from a nasty/personal manner, but she has brought this all on herself.

She has 88k followers on Instagram, and over the course of various events has upset a lot of people. But she has kept her focus on those not upset, swept the upset ones under the carpet and tried to move on. That’s left her with a lot of frustrated, insulted and let down followers who have channeled their frustration in alternative ways. Especially as these people weren’t given a voice to give feedback on Instagram due to blocks and deletes. The alternative route people took was bound to happen. It’s almost similar to a group of close friends, one friend pisses some of them off, so the others start gossiping behind their back. It’s toxic but was inevitable.

She has apologised, but only on an Instagram post/stories and she must fully understand that no apology can be sincere unless she videos it. A large part of her job is her YT videos which means she connects with her followers. So surely she understands that a video was the only way a sincere apology could be given.
If she had done this, all would have been nipped in the bud and we would have all moved on.
But....she didn’t. She chose to pretend nothing hadn’t happened and paint over the cracks, which has ultimately left her with a far bigger problem.

The penny hasn’t dropped. She doesn’t get it. And I don’t think she ever will now. If she was to read through and pull feedback from everything over the past few months then she would see the problem. She would see clear as day what she has done wrong. Sadly I think she is choosing not to do that, and what’s even more sad is that no one around her amongst her family and friends is encouraging her to see it.

It’s very sad, especially as this is her job. She has made too many mistakes and unfortunately it’s damaged her beyond return. This is what happens to anyone when they make too many mistakes with their job.

I wish their family much love and happiness and genuinely hope they have a fall back plan for their future.

Reactions: 24
She said she knows who’s local to her and their identity also but will spare those names since the police are already on to them. Like shite she has that kind of information! Then she goes on to say “I don’t know how they can get away with it” she knows she doesn’t have a leg to stand on 🤦‍♀️
Considering she publicly outed someone on her social media account and tried coercing over 88,000 people to contact them and tell them how much they have ruined their life? It’s just an absolute tit show what is she thinking? Doxing is an actual criminal offence that the police will take seriously. All she is doing is using scare tactics to stop people in their tracks however she is way out of her depth to handle the situation yet again.

Reactions: 18
It maybe that the insta account Reb blocked her on was her own and Reb worked out who she was by things she said on here or Reb made a name up hoping to try and frighten people same as shes doing about the police and let's face it Reb has never minded telling a few lies.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 yes, you can tell when she's lying, her lips move!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hi Rebecca you are probably hitting refresh on this thread so since your life is your business and your followers is how you pay your bills. Here is some customer feedback ( which being a business you have to have good customer service and take on board, Tesco’s don’t delete their negative feedback)

1. Label Ads/ gifts correctly. It’s not hard... be transparent and Mark it clearly not in tiny font at the top corner of the screen 👍🏻 There is no shame in doing ads/ gifts it’s your income. However you are encouraging us to part with our hard earned cash to purchase what you are advertising (and being gifted).... BE TRANSPARENT.

2. Stop deleting negative comments, part of the reason you have 3000 threads on here about you is because you accuse any criticism as trolling. You delete anything that isn’t positive and do not address anybody that questions you. Again this is wrong as there is such a thing as freedom of speech and again people have the right to enquire about things in particular Ads when it’s us parting with the cash not you. Be seen to address and answer these queries and then people wouldn’t feel the needs to write 3000 threads about you.

3. Apologise for the offensive racist comment that was made in your vlog. You have not addressed this or apologised for this.... this is wrong. It needs addressed ASAP. Very very very unprofessional.

4. Maybe just take a break a long break. Figure out where you want this YouTube thing to go because right now it’s going down the pan.

Reactions: 26
Watched everything unfold since DLP it has been very sad and hard watching. I feel Mrs Meldrum’s time online is coming to an end, not by her own choice.

I do not condone any of what is said about her from a nasty/personal manner, but she has brought this all on herself.

She has 88k followers on Instagram, and over the course of various events has upset a lot of people. But she has kept her focus on those not upset, swept the upset ones under the carpet and tried to move on. That’s left her with a lot of frustrated, insulted and let down followers who have channeled their frustration in alternative ways. Especially as these people weren’t given a voice to give feedback on Instagram due to blocks and deletes. The alternative route people took was bound to happen. It’s almost similar to a group of close friends, one friend pisses some of them off, so the others start gossiping behind their back. It’s toxic but was inevitable.

She has apologised, but only on an Instagram post/stories and she must fully understand that no apology can be sincere unless she videos it. A large part of her job is her YT videos which means she connects with her followers. So surely she understands that a video was the only way a sincere apology could be given.
If she had done this, all would have been nipped in the bud and we would have all moved on.
But....she didn’t. She chose to pretend nothing hadn’t happened and paint over the cracks, which has ultimately left her with a far bigger problem.

The penny hasn’t dropped. She doesn’t get it. And I don’t think she ever will now. If she was to read through and pull feedback from everything over the past few months then she would see the problem. She would see clear as day what she has done wrong. Sadly I think she is choosing not to do that, and what’s even more sad is that no one around her amongst her family and friends is encouraging her to see it.

It’s very sad, especially as this is her job. She has made too many mistakes and unfortunately it’s damaged her beyond return. This is what happens to anyone when they make too many mistakes with their job.

I wish their family much love and happiness and genuinely hope they have a fall back plan for their future.
Really important, wise words here :(

Reactions: 11
I've been travelling for most of today and just cannot believe what I'm reading about the last few hours. I'm actually gobsmacked. I don't access IG stories so haven't seen anything but to hear that a name from here has been correctly or incorrectly disclosed to a potential audience of tens of thousands online by a social media influencer is shocking . Its absolutely appalling and by someone in social media professionally? To put up a statement saying the excuse is stress/feeling or whatever is inexcusable. This is seriously the worst thing I have ever read on tattle. Why one member has been picked on over hundreds I'm not sure, I see no reason. I hope @Kermit is OK? I read here that there are people locally with whatever name MrsM has stated, if that's not @Kermit's then the problem is even more serious. I have said before and again earlier today there are 'fans' on social media that are obviously dubious and with the greatest respect a little unpredictable. I'm not surprised that Admin have put up a post about members receiving dm's and I feel sorry for Admin to be dealing with this situation.

Reactions: 21
What an absolute tit show. It's just one disaster after another. I doubt it's only people from tattle contacting brands it could be absolutely anyone so it's ridiculous to blame here for ruining her career. There's only one person to blame for that............

Reactions: 15
Thats what puzzled me, even if police were involved, which I doubt, as they have more important real crimes to solve, they wouldn’t be able to give that information out?
No not really nor is Rebecca, she’s not suppose to name someone online and shame them like that, it’s illegal🙄! She done it because there’s no Police involved, we heard that one before🤔

Reactions: 10

YOU HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD 👏🏻

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.