Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

inspirespirit

A MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS FROM KERMIT :

Hi guys

Just wanted to say huge thank and big love for all the support shown today means a lot.
I have been out all afternoon with my lovely family so I not been online.
I'm also blocked on Mrs meldrums Instagram and have been for months.
So I am not on her Instagram. I'm unsubscribed to her you tube.
I have never commented on her social media or sent her messages but she s labelled me as troll for saying along with what many others have been saying here.
Yesterday I realised rebs mother was stalking my Instagram so I blocked her.
I unfollowed Lee and blocked him.
I informed admin as I thourght she's trying to track down tattlers.
I wanted to place a warning this morning which I sort of did was a bit cryptic. and maybe that's how she outed me.
Doesn't explain how they knew my full name but hey ho.
I have no issues tattlers knowing me most of us say what we would say to them directly on here if we could.
It's clear they read here all the time.
But the account Scottish home and hounds was stalking dident have my full name or location on. No pictures of me or close ups of my kids or their names.
It has low amount of followers it is a public account so felt it was odd that mummy cannon would want to find me and follow me.
My Facebook has tight privacy settings.
I have received no messages via my 2 Insta accounts.
I don't follow either Lee or Rebecca on my personal Insta.
Does any of you remember she done this before with Fraser's mummy.
She was posting on here a while back.
Did she imply I lived local to her?

The only message I received was 1 angry sheep on here a new member I will forward her user name to admin.
As I don't. But feel sorry anyone local to her with the same name.

I had nothing to do with why her toy story A.D. was removed.
I wish her well I don't hate her.
I just wish she would be kinder and be honest.
I'm not to blame any of her issues she's having.
Neither is anyone else here.
She's clearly losing the plot because she being pulled up for basic mistakes not tagging a brand.
I hope as messiah says she 're evaluates
Does better
Spends some quality time with her children.
Improves her content.

• Heart
Reactions: 112
Know I might sound like a complete bitch, but I don't really feel sorry for her. Of course if she apologises and explains properly then everyone should move on.

But let's be honest, she's been skating on thin ice for months, making fuck up after fuck up. Why should she get away with it? If she was an accountant and made a few fuck ups, she'd be quite rightly fired. They might also have children, but in business unfortunately that doesn't really come in to it.
YouTube and Insta isn't going to last forever. Instead of buying the murder mansion, they should have been putting money aside and making sound investments and having a plan for when it goes tits up. Because eventually it will. BUT, they're not as skint as they say...
Another reason I don't feel sorry for her, is she's been blatantly saying that they're skint, so skint Pat's had to eat the crust of the bread while lady muck stands there in her gym shark leggings flashing her diamonds about. Planting that seed to get everyone on side ready for the ads coming.
Emotionally manipulating viewers to feel sorry for them, because they're "normal".

Sorry,but when we're skint, I'm not off having my nails done, hair done, husband away playing golf going on stag/hen dos. Having 3 weeks of Insta and YouTube is not good enough I'm afraid.
Wow, sorry for the long post, had a lot to get off my chest there 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 71

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
Let's put this in perspective:
You are at work and a colleague of yours (who is a mother and the sole earner for her family) is not pulling her weight...she puts in little to no effort, relies on others for ideas and takes no responsibility when she makes a mistake.
Because you are a caring person, you kindly point out to her many times where she is going wrong and suggest how she could improve.
She thanks you by calling you a dickhead and a troll.
Eventually she gets caught out and loses her job. How do you feel?
Yes, you feel sorry for her children BUT she brought this on herself. She had ample opportunity to change her ways but chose not to.
Her life will go on. Either herself or her husband will get work. The children may not have nice things for a while but they will benefit in other ways.

It is not your responsibility to feel guilty for her stupidity.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Helen

Administrator
Hi all, if you've received a threatening PM from a new member please do hit report so we can deal with it ASAP. We've had some very unpleasant PM's sent recently from this infuencers followers and it's not acceptable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

OliviaPope

I know this will be extremely unpopular but what is the end result people want to see here, is it that her online career & livelyhood will be completely destroyed. She took almost 3 months off from online advertising which I'm sure hit them hard financially. Is that not punishment enough. It's beginning to seem particularly vindictive.
3 months are you in a Meldrum Time warp?? She was away 5 weeks from the gram and 2 of those weeks she was on a FREE holiday!! Also just 3 weeks away from her Jam youtube!!

During her time away she even left multiple reviews for her own book on Amazon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

gypsymoth

VIP Member
It’s kind of starting to feel a bit of a witch hunt. Makes me a bit uncomfortable

She needs to apologise. Then we need to move on

She must be so scared and in turn, that must be affecting those children. It’s also possibly driving a wedge between her and Lee and upsetting and worrying her parents.

Ignore me guys, I’m just thinking out loud here, I’m probably wrong and she’s not fussed, but I just can’t help but feel niggled by it all

Reactions: 52

lola

MESSAGE FROM KERMIT

I'm ok really do appreciate the support.
I'm annoyed but I'm being the bigger person here and not reporting.
I don't think any of us are trolled..
I think then been trolling me for a while.
Right now her narrative is in under attack/witch hunt / trolls ect.
That some tattlers messaged saying they sorry.
All this drama just Increases engagement and followers.
Same old pattern gas Lighting her followers.
I would never try tell people what to do on here but don't feel need to report to channel mum on my account.
She's made herself look bad. The expression give someone enough rope speaks to mind.
This will pass quite quickly I'm not going to feed the trolls (meldrums).
I have done nothing wrong.
I'm not on her Insta or sent her any messages.
I have never been nasty or threatening on here.
Let sheep come here and see we not a nasty place full of trolls.
Maybe they will realize she's lied and manipulated them for so long.
Sending them here may not be wise .
She must have so many enemies on her Insta

• Heart
Reactions: 50

ALMRPM

I'm actually laughing so much at the first 2 mins of tonight's "school morning routine" video that I've paused it to compose myself 😂😂😂 So the start of the video with her waking up is so (badly) staged it's hilarious, and then, the woman who only yesterday is giving advice on her Insta about her TOP TIP being to get 5 lots of school uniform, goes to her child's wardrobe looking for uniform, only to realise there's non in there and proceeds to pick up what was clearly "yesterday's" uniform off the floor, fold it up and put it on the dresser 🙄 This really is the dregs of YouTube. Give it up Becky, while it's still funny 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

MrBull

VIP Member
I like fat jobless slobs and I can not lie
You tittlers and your hobbits can't deny
That when a meldrum walks in with an undisclosed ad and a racist post in your face
Your fat slobby jobless tattling fingers get sprung

Get a hobbit. Get a job. Lose some weight folks.
Who are the real trolls, eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

VeronicaCrank

Wow wow wow, it's really hit the fan now hasn't it.

In part, I feel sorry for Rebecca. She is the sole earner for a very expensive lifestyle and that puts enormous amounts of pressure on someone. I see it daily as my husband is in the same position (I'm a stay at home mum but do try to help out with a part time job and childminding) and it's exhausting for him. To have her livelihood threatened would be scary however, and this is a BIG however, she's brought this on herself by her refusal to do her job properly, shifting the blame, sticking her head in the sand and her inability to change.

Her followers talk about how she's been doxxed on Tattle, which is false. I know her address, only because she's been daft enough to be careless with that information. Before she moved, I one night Googled her, as in just Rebecca Meldrum, while feeding my then newborn and her home address was on the first page of results. Googling that address (because I was nosy AF and love seeing houses) lead me to find out that her house was a shared ownership property. She chose to register her business at her home address which becomes public record. Now with the new house, she went and bought probably the most infamous house in her town, some place everyone local knows about. Word got out fast with that ill conceived house buying vlog and her showing the grounds. I don't blame her for using the move as content, it's great content, but had I been in her position, I would have been much more selective in what was shown and kept anything regarding the outside of the house off limits. She's obviously learned a bit because her business is now registered to an external address but she registered at her mother's house...a house that she's publicly shown via real estate listings on her Instagram page and that her mum has done an interview about. You can't go on about wanting privacy and then do nothing to protect it. I read someone mentioning that people now know where her girls go to school. Isn't there like only 2 primary schools in her town? Take your pick, you've got a 50% chance of being right.

While I'm on the topic of doxxing and privacy, her doxxing Kermit is illegal and I honestly cannot believe she did that. Kermit, this needs legally addressing because it's out you at a real risk. Rebecca has chosen to put her life out there for public consumption but you haven't. You've done nothing wrong from what I've seen and this should not be swept under the rug. I hope you're doing ok.

I've been reading these threads since DLP and in the nearly 7 months since then, there has been some content and comments I haven't agreed with. I personally don't like comments on her personal appearance, orange filter aside because it's doing her no favours and if she was a friend I'd tell her the same. I think she's an attractive woman and I like her clothes for the most part. The girls should be off limits entirely. They are adorable and beautiful girls and have no say in any of this. I don't care for speculation on their marriage, don't have a problem with her decorating "style" and I generally subscribe to the philosophy "not my monkey, not my circus" when it comes to all that. That all being said, I would say that 90% of the comments have been about her business practises, or lack thereof and how she's hurt those who once followed her and considered her a friend. I don't think any of those comments are off side and while it hurts to read/learn negative things about yourself, you have to face the bad in order to get to the good. For a business to succeed, something I hope for Rebecca, you've got to take ALL feedback (not genuine trolling or bullying) on board and act accordingly.

I have never complained to anyone about her shady actions, nor have I ever sent her a negative message. I also have never apologised to her for anything. If you are reading here Rebecca, I am sorry if you are hurting but you have to take accountability for your actions. I don't want to see you fail, I want to see your girls flourish and have a lovely life, but you have to see how you're conducting yourself has lead you to this point. I don't doubt she's received nasty messages. Those direct nasty messages are definitely trolling and bullying but this site is not that. Tattle seems to have a strict code of conduct when it comes to that. Labelling anything negative or dissenting as trolling and bullying takes away from the real thing and that does no one any favours.

I really do hope she changes and gets her career back on track. She's got three lovely and beautiful daughters to take care of and I never want to see people hurting, no matter how awful they've acted.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
As a person I have nothing against her, as a business if you continue to break rules, delete and block your consumers who ask valid questions like 'shouldn't this be makes as an AD?' If you use a black woman as a cover when you leave in an offensive comment in a vlog, if you say you welcome feedback and then switch off your comments then you don't deserve brands paying you to post, especially when there are plenty more mummy vloggers out there to choose from.
Tattle may have started out as a gossip site and people may think we are a bunch of bitchy trolls but we are doing a much better job of making sure vloggers / influencers are held accountable for there actions and are transparent and honest than the PR agencies or Advertising complaints agencies do.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Mabelrose

VIP Member
So she’s not putting her family through this anymore.........12 hours later ‘ I’m going to ignore them and carry on ’ yeah ok! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 43

Redbreast

VIP Member
Oh dear. I don’t like seeing a woman saying she’s at rock bottom. I take no pleasure seeing someone crying & upset. It’s really sad as all this could have been avoided and she still is blaming everyone else instead of taking a long hard look at herself. You certainly have not apologised, apologised & apologised. Every single cock up you in fact behaved the opposite to what you’re suggesting. I have seen one apology on your Instagram regarding the kkk incident, which was cleverly worded and didn’t include all the facts now did it? You may label things correctly regrading ADs once and then you’re back to your old tricks again & adjusting it at a later date. How about actually doing the right thing consistently and stop trying to hide what has gone on the past year from all her followers.

Repeatedly, she has tried to act like she couldn’t give two shits when she has messed up. All I see is posts stating you don’t give a fuck. There has been so many white lies I can’t keep up. You changed your mind twice on why the whole Disney land shitstorm went down, when people question it they’re deleted. I honestly think she forgets that we have seen all of this and have memories. It’s there in black and white.

Honestly, if I was her, I would not want to give up my business. I would do a sit down video without blaming everyone else and say I’ve got myself in a bit of a mess and just be honest. I’m not even talking just about the kkk nightmare. I’m talking about the past 8-12 months of constantly messing up and then trying to continue with this shady behaviour and deleting and blocking everyone with a suggestion, friendly opinion or feedback. Life just doesn’t work like that, maybe in her world it did but not in the real world.

Lastly (sorry for the annoyingly long post) I wish her followers would look up the definition of the word troll. I see trolls on Instagram, I see them writing damn right nasty things and I’ve actually seen a couple on her Instagram which deserve to be deleted. Vile comments about those beautiful girls etc. A troll is someone who seeks another person out and continually and repeatedly harasses and messages someone. I have never messaged, left comments or anything of the sort. I’m not trolling for writing my opinion on a gossip forum. There are other forums about her other than Tattle. If you don’t like it don’t read it! Would be nice to see these trolling messages she receives. She could easily publish them without revealing the name. Probably in a file with all the other messages she gets asking where her lipstick or clothes are from 🙄

Yes I agree with the above comments about real lives are being affected and it could all end very badly. However, has she cared enough to change her behaviour? Where is the care for her children being plastered all over the internet, their whole childhood memories always having a camera in their faces? I wouldn’t want that life for my children at all but respect that’s what they have chosen to do and if they want to put it right it’s in their hands 👍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

WhatThe??

Apologies, essay incoming.

I was one of the original posters on this forum. I'm a marketer who steered my company away from working with the Meldrums (a decision I stand by). I poked fun at their house move and the controversy surrounding it. What I'm saying is: I'm no angel. (what I am is a single mum who is incredibly jealous of this family's lifestyle!)

Recently, there's been a shift here. It's now a very malicious space. I used to read this when I had a slow day at work, but now I can barely make it through a page without cringing.

However irritating it is, the fact of the matter is that 'influencing' (boak) is this woman's JOB. We have ALL made a mistake at work. I guarantee it. The difference is, we all get to move on from it. When I make a mistake with a client, or my boss, I don't have to relive it. I know, I know - "Meldrums Ltd", "She chose a job in the public eye". But I am genuinely shocked at the comments on the pictures of the brands she works with.

If you feel all this about the Meldrums, I'm sure you feel like this about the likes of Zoella and Louise Pentland (who have also fucked up, multiple times!). In which case, you need to apply your working to ALL influencers - do you take over the comments of their brand deals too? Or do you just have a vendetta against this one family?

You frame the comments as constructive criticism, but they're not - they're straight up aggression and all for the tiniest things. It's strange, because you say you're trying to educate the masses and keep them safe. Yet the Meldrums are entirely unthreatening. Sure, they lie and bend the truth - but that's content creation! They're not scamming people, they're not hurting anyone; and their audience is primarily ADULTS. They get to make their own judgement, you don't need to 'save' anyone from anything. Why are you making multiple Instagram accounts just so you can get blocked, isn't that a lot of time and energy for you to expend?

As for the comments about them being gifted free stuff: that's how marketing works. Why would their sponsor gift a poor family tickets when that would gain them zero exposure? Whoever has done this has done so strategically; get a 'perfect' family with 100k+ followers to post about a new film on a Friday evening so people will see it and go "Oh that's something nice to do this weekend!". It's not rocket science. Giving tickets to a single mum with 300 followers would yield zero results. I know that's harsh, but that's not my fault or the Meldrum's fault - that is consumerism and capitalism and marketing.

Yes, there's an ethical issue with mummy bloggers - but again, that's not Meldrums specific. Ultimately, I don't think the girls will ever feel hard done by and in the future will probably appreciate the fact that their parents were able to work from home for a while (I can't see this going on forever). I know I would have loved to have had my dad around for more of my childhood BUT I also never had it posted online to be consumed.

I'm sure many of you have also experienced mental health problems, so please ask yourself this: if you had tens of people constantly on your back, even going to the effort of making anonymous accounts to snark at you - how would you feel? Deleting negative comments to protect yourself, only to have people work around it and leave more. Getting snipped at for every little thing that isn't clearly marked #ad even though you're a human and you make mistakes.

I know most of you won't care about what I say, or bat an eyelid. I know it's a gossip forum. I know I can't change anyone's mind. I know this will probably be deleted. I know I'll get called a sheep. I know this forum will keep going. And that's fine. But I had to say something before I went, because I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm unfollowing the Meldrums, because they annoy me and that takes up too much brain space. I'm having a little humility for my fellow humans, and for myself. Life is too short to be this angry over someone you've never met.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, you're free to make your own choices and I'm sure I'll be laughed off. However, the world of influencers will never change and you have no reason to make another human being feel like this.
This! So much this!

No one here NEEDS to watch her stories or follow her life.

I’m all for a bit of taking the P, (what is she wearing, why’s she so orange, why is the grass blue), but I’m not one to tear her completely down and try to destroy what pays for the home her kids live in, what clothes her kids and what feeds them!

This isn’t just 1 person “you” are targeting, it’s an entire family with small children who depend on the money Rebecca earns.

Reactions: 41

ChilliDog

Yes @Kermit oart of me feels bad too. But I’m a business owner. If I fuck up, I apologise and move on. I don’t ignore my mistake and flood my clients with extra emails hoping they will forget (as she has flooded her grid). A sit down, genuine apology, hands up, we messed up there and I’ll be so much more thorough with my editing, all done 5 weeks ago and we would be back to mocking curry soup and hobbits. But she won’t, she can’t seem to get her head around the fact she is a business and should conduct herself as such.
Say sorry Rebecca, mean it and I’m sure in time people will at least forget and you can start building your business back up.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Catwoman

VIP Member
.... and that is how every brand should stand on the whole episode, her behaviour and subsequent behaviour since.

• Heart
Reactions: 39