Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rebecca, you need to stop being an influencer. Look at yourself surely getting a real job can't be worse than this?

It.is.over.

Lee, for god's sake get a job.look after your family.

It was good whilst it wasted.it's over.

Reactions: 9
It’s quite worrying that she really thinks she is at the centre of a witch hunt and that she has done nothing wrong. Brands wouldn’t look twice at a gossip website such as tattle, but unfortunately for her the brands are having to take action because of the articles in the national press and all over the internet when they do their research on whom they are working with. Wholesome family brands don’t want to be tarnished with brand meldrums mistakes or “cock ups” as she calls them in the past. She has never apologised and apologised and apologised. That is the problem. Also this was never just going to disappear, have you ever heard anyone else go on to have a successful and fruitful career after being involved in such a hate crime? Didn’t think so.

Reactions: 12
Apologies, essay incoming.

I was one of the original posters on this forum. I'm a marketer who steered my company away from working with the Meldrums (a decision I stand by). I poked fun at their house move and the controversy surrounding it. What I'm saying is: I'm no angel. (what I am is a single mum who is incredibly jealous of this family's lifestyle!)

Recently, there's been a shift here. It's now a very malicious space. I used to read this when I had a slow day at work, but now I can barely make it through a page without cringing.

However irritating it is, the fact of the matter is that 'influencing' (boak) is this woman's JOB. We have ALL made a mistake at work. I guarantee it. The difference is, we all get to move on from it. When I make a mistake with a client, or my boss, I don't have to relive it. I know, I know - "Meldrums Ltd", "She chose a job in the public eye". But I am genuinely shocked at the comments on the pictures of the brands she works with.

If you feel all this about the Meldrums, I'm sure you feel like this about the likes of Zoella and Louise Pentland (who have also fucked up, multiple times!). In which case, you need to apply your working to ALL influencers - do you take over the comments of their brand deals too? Or do you just have a vendetta against this one family?

You frame the comments as constructive criticism, but they're not - they're straight up aggression and all for the tiniest things. It's strange, because you say you're trying to educate the masses and keep them safe. Yet the Meldrums are entirely unthreatening. Sure, they lie and bend the truth - but that's content creation! They're not scamming people, they're not hurting anyone; and their audience is primarily ADULTS. They get to make their own judgement, you don't need to 'save' anyone from anything. Why are you making multiple Instagram accounts just so you can get blocked, isn't that a lot of time and energy for you to expend?

As for the comments about them being gifted free stuff: that's how marketing works. Why would their sponsor gift a poor family tickets when that would gain them zero exposure? Whoever has done this has done so strategically; get a 'perfect' family with 100k+ followers to post about a new film on a Friday evening so people will see it and go "Oh that's something nice to do this weekend!". It's not rocket science. Giving tickets to a single mum with 300 followers would yield zero results. I know that's harsh, but that's not my fault or the Meldrum's fault - that is consumerism and capitalism and marketing.

Yes, there's an ethical issue with mummy bloggers - but again, that's not Meldrums specific. Ultimately, I don't think the girls will ever feel hard done by and in the future will probably appreciate the fact that their parents were able to work from home for a while (I can't see this going on forever). I know I would have loved to have had my dad around for more of my childhood BUT I also never had it posted online to be consumed.

I'm sure many of you have also experienced mental health problems, so please ask yourself this: if you had tens of people constantly on your back, even going to the effort of making anonymous accounts to snark at you - how would you feel? Deleting negative comments to protect yourself, only to have people work around it and leave more. Getting snipped at for every little thing that isn't clearly marked #ad even though you're a human and you make mistakes.

I know most of you won't care about what I say, or bat an eyelid. I know it's a gossip forum. I know I can't change anyone's mind. I know this will probably be deleted. I know I'll get called a sheep. I know this forum will keep going. And that's fine. But I had to say something before I went, because I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm unfollowing the Meldrums, because they annoy me and that takes up too much brain space. I'm having a little humility for my fellow humans, and for myself. Life is too short to be this angry over someone you've never met.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, you're free to make your own choices and I'm sure I'll be laughed off. However, the world of influencers will never change and you have no reason to make another human being feel like this.
I found this post very patronising

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Zero sympathy.
She dug her own ditch.
All of these recent kiss arse woe is Rebecca posters really need to go show their love on her shite social media aka "job" instead of here.

Reactions: 16

I was one of the original posters on this forum. I'm a marketer who steered my company away from working with the Meldrums (a decision I stand by). I poked fun at their house move and the controversy surrounding it. What I'm saying is: I'm no angel. (what I am is a single mum who is incredibly jealous of this family's lifestyle!)

Recently, there's been a shift here. It's now a very malicious space. I used to read this when I had a slow day at work, but now I can barely make it through a page without cringing.

However irritating it is, the fact of the matter is that 'influencing' (boak) is this woman's JOB. We have ALL made a mistake at work. I guarantee it. The difference is, we all get to move on from it. When I make a mistake with a client, or my boss, I don't have to relive it. I know, I know - "Meldrums Ltd", "She chose a job in the public eye". But I am genuinely shocked at the comments on the pictures of the brands she works with.

If you feel all this about the Meldrums, I'm sure you feel like this about the likes of Zoella and Louise Pentland (who have also fucked up, multiple times!). In which case, you need to apply your working to ALL influencers - do you take over the comments of their brand deals too? Or do you just have a vendetta against this one family?

You frame the comments as constructive criticism, but they're not - they're straight up aggression and all for the tiniest things. It's strange, because you say you're trying to educate the masses and keep them safe. Yet the Meldrums are entirely unthreatening. Sure, they lie and bend the truth - but that's content creation! They're not scamming people, they're not hurting anyone; and their audience is primarily ADULTS. They get to make their own judgement, you don't need to 'save' anyone from anything. Why are you making multiple Instagram accounts just so you can get blocked, isn't that a lot of time and energy for you to expend?

As for the comments about them being gifted free stuff: that's how marketing works. Why would their sponsor gift a poor family tickets when that would gain them zero exposure? Whoever has done this has done so strategically; get a 'perfect' family with 100k+ followers to post about a new film on a Friday evening so people will see it and go "Oh that's something nice to do this weekend!". It's not rocket science. Giving tickets to a single mum with 300 followers would yield zero results. I know that's harsh, but that's not my fault or the Meldrum's fault - that is consumerism and capitalism and marketing.

Yes, there's an ethical issue with mummy bloggers - but again, that's not Meldrums specific. Ultimately, I don't think the girls will ever feel hard done by and in the future will probably appreciate the fact that their parents were able to work from home for a while (I can't see this going on forever). I know I would have loved to have had my dad around for more of my childhood BUT I also never had it posted online to be consumed.

I'm sure many of you have also experienced mental health problems, so please ask yourself this: if you had tens of people constantly on your back, even going to the effort of making anonymous accounts to snark at you - how would you feel? Deleting negative comments to protect yourself, only to have people work around it and leave more. Getting snipped at for every little thing that isn't clearly marked #ad even though you're a human and you make mistakes.

I know most of you won't care about what I say, or bat an eyelid. I know it's a gossip forum. I know I can't change anyone's mind. I know this will probably be deleted. I know I'll get called a sheep. I know this forum will keep going. And that's fine. But I had to say something before I went, because I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm unfollowing the Meldrums, because they annoy me and that takes up too much brain space. I'm having a little humility for my fellow humans, and for myself. Life is too short to be this angry over someone you've never met.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, you're free to make your own choices and I'm sure I'll be laughed off. However, the world of influencers will never change and you have no reason to make another human being feel like this.
I agree. In fact I fucked up at work on Friday, I feel wretched about it and embarrassed but at least I’ve got a job to go back to!

Reactions: 18

AMEN!

Reactions: 15
She'll be doing another #ad in half an hour!!! I really am completely unable to muster any sympathy for her I am afraid. She has caused misery to so many people and will continue to do without any regard whilst the money is rolling in.
How on earth has she caused misery? You need to get bigger problems if she makes you miserable 😂

Reactions: 10
Rock bottom and not a tear shed? Little princess doesn't know the meaning of rock bottom. Perhaps she should go open her fridge and know that people who use that food bank she pretended she cared about enough to visit aren't seeing what she is seeing. Oh, that's right. She was being PAID to go there. Seriously all you kiss arsers, you all need a reality check from this pampered leech.

Reactions: 14

This! So much this!

No one here NEEDS to watch her stories or follow her life.

I’m all for a bit of taking the P, (what is she wearing, why’s she so orange, why is the grass blue), but I’m not one to tear her completely down and try to destroy what pays for the home her kids live in, what clothes her kids and what feeds them!

This isn’t just 1 person “you” are targeting, it’s an entire family with small children who depend on the money Rebecca earns.

Reactions: 41
I do feel sorry for her, I’m not a robot. It’s horrible to see somebody upset.

I never commented anywhere apart from here, I never contacted any brand or anyone connected with Reb.

I am a critical observer I guess.
I disagree with a lot of what she does and find mummy influencers hilarious and cringey in equal measure.
I find them entertaining, just not in the same way as the fan girls.

Reactions: 24
It’s quite worrying that she really thinks she is at the centre of a witch hunt and that she has done nothing wrong. Brands wouldn’t look twice at a gossip website such as tattle, but unfortunately for her the brands are having to take action because of the articles in the national press and all over the internet when they do their research on whom they are working with. Wholesome family brands don’t want to be tarnished with brand meldrums mistakes or “cock ups” as she calls them in the past. She has never apologised and apologised and apologised. That is the problem. Also this was never just going to disappear, have you ever heard anyone else go on to have a successful and fruitful career after being involved in such a hate crime? Didn’t think so.
I think it’s more the huge influx of comments and questions the brand gets. Not that they search her name and see what comes up.

The barrage of pure negativity is enough to make any brand want to pull out of a contract.

Reactions: 2
What’s happened today? Did people complain about the cinema trip.? I don’t think anyone wants Rebecca to stop ( I do, but only that the girls are not involved, but I think that of all family vloggers) but please Rebecca, just follow the correct guidelines and then nobody can complain.!

Reactions: 9
How on earth has she caused misery? You need to get bigger problems if she makes you miserable 😂
I think the people who have been made miserable by Rebecca meldrum are
1) people of colour who see an insta-famous woman exercising casual racism with ‘zero fucks’ gicen
2) Candice Braithwaite for being used as a shield
3) dozens - maybe more - of young mums who have been conned and manipulated into buying stuff on Rebs recommendation - possibly spending money they shouldn’t have, certainly thinking Rebs recommendation was real rather than paid for.
4) women who have real mental health issues being made to feel more miserable that they aren’t curing their anxiety with Boden jumpers even if they’ve a spare £150 to blow on cashmere
5) one specific same sex couple of Dads (and poss more!) who she blocked and deleted for saying Mummy and Me left them out.
6) cancer sufferers/their families who were disgusted that she would use a breast cancer scare to flog Next.
7) swathes of other people who look at her fake 90 day (9 month) gym transformation and know they don’t have the time or money to spend getting trained like that.

I could go on. Rebecca lying and scheming and racism has made people miserable. Her answer to that? ‘I don’t like to be made to feel bad, I’m sorry you feel that you have such a crappy life compared to me’

Unacceptable - she can not continue to sell her kids online, take freebies, and try to con people into parting with their hard earned cash after the myriad of scandals she has created. It should be the end of their online career.

She is young and fit, there are 2 healthy capable adults in that house, get regular jobs where you can be trained and supervised, it is rewarding to work and earn a genuine living. She will be happier. And, most importantly, so will those little kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I dont comment on this thread, mostly what I have to say about the Meldrums has already been said, but the latest story blaming the 'trolls' 🙄 the people reporting her shadiness are not 'trolls'. ASA has rules that she must be held accountable for as an influencer because she is being paid cash/gifts to influence people to purchase, therefore she MUST follow the law. These influencers have absolutely no integrity and it infuriates me that they are able to influence the masses to impulse buy crap they dont need and probably cant afford, they wouldnt buy half the crap themselves but since its given to them free and they can make a pretty penny from punting it to the gullible, they do so without ethical thought, its truly despicable. SM is the absolute scourge of society.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Has she really just named Kermit ? Just think of all the ladies with that same name getting abuse off the sheep .

What are the police actually going to do about people in the village speaking about her . No one has threatened her . She has probably just done worse naming someone to her following for having a opinion .

Unreal in all of this she still doesn’t see where she is at fault .

Her crocodile tears don’t wash with me she’s only crying as one of them if not both have to get back into the real world and earn some dolla

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.