Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please watch organised_motherhood_ stories from this morning. I suspect it’s partly aimed at the Meldrum’s (she follows them both) but this lady speaks a lot of sense. Meldrum’s should definitely take a leaf out of her book.
Thank you for this recommendation. What a breath of fresh air. I truly wish other influencers would all watch her and take note. She is the exactly the kind of person that I would take a recommendation from. I wouldn't buy anything Meldrums or other influencers recommended because you know they are doing it purely to make money and not because it is a product they have bought and tried out themselves.

Reactions: 13
Please not a puppy
"Hi GUYS, didn't want to reveal this quite yet, but I want you to take my baby brain into account for my recent oversight. Yes Mini M number 4 is on the way # sometimes the snip turns out to be a blessing in disguise 😍. What a lovely, lovely momento of our date weekend away!"
( Phew that's the bills paid for the next few months!)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Anyone want to start a comeback bingo card?

“So so refreshing to have spent time offline this week to reflect.”

“I want to draw a line under what happened and move on with my channel”

I also predict a big announcement to deflect from it all.
She'll have managed to do the 30 day ab transformation in a week!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What's the betting that they come back after doing something substantial to the house (kitchen or garden overhaul) to detract attention.
That's a good possibility . They had kitchen plans but don't know if any company has kindly gifted them anything yet . Anyone heard if he's had any recommendations regarding their electronic gates yet or are they're waiting to see if they'll be gifted or if it's an AD .

• Wow
Reactions: 6
"Hi GUYS, didn't want to reveal this quite yet, but I want you to take my baby brain into account for my recent oversight. Yes Mini M number 4 is on the way # sometimes the snip turns out to be a blessing in disguise 😍. What a lovely, lovely momento of our date weekend away!"
( Phew that's the bills paid for the next few months!)
Or perhaps they'll be adopting..... From overseas 🤔 bloody cocunts!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I see she’s done another tidy up of comments on her run post on IG to remove any mention of this whole mess...nothing like being open when caught out hey!! Some blocking no doubt too...

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
If she comes back with anything other than her bleeping tail between her legs and recognition she needs to get her head down and work really bloody hard to win people’s trust back, she’s even more of a bleep than I already think she is.

To be entirely honest, if she slinks off into the background never to show her face on YouTube again it would be the greatest blessing but she’s so greedy I’ll not hold my breath.

Apologies for the use of the C word but in this situation it couldn’t be more fitting.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
If she comes back with anything other than her bleeping tail between her legs and recognition she needs to get her head down and work really bloody hard to win people’s trust back, she’s even more of a bleep than I already think she is.

To be entirely honest, if she slinks off into the background never to show her face on YouTube again it would be the greatest blessing but she’s so greedy I’ll not hold my breath.

Apologies for the use of the C word but in this situation it couldn’t be more fitting.
No apology needed she is a massive C word

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Absolutely nothing will change. There’s no point speculating about him heading offshore and her getting a job. She’ll be back in a few days carrying on like nothing has happened, just powering through until the backlash has faded. She might post one apology/explanation video but it’ll be deleted within a few weeks and all evidence of this whole scandal erased. This time next year there will be no marked difference on the Meldrum channel. Other youtubers on all levels have done far worse and they’re still going strong. It’s just the unfortunate truth of it. And brands are shady, with just their bottom lines in mind. They’re not going to care about an old brushed-under-rug scandal when they can still make money from her. One or two will cut ties but you can bet she’ll be back in Next #gifted clothes smiling through an orange filter in her garden soon enough.

Le sigh.
I'm not so sure.This is far worse than any of her previous misdemeanors.They have completely disappeared off the radar and the awful mess has gone public.They have also dragged other innocent people in to this.She should be ashamed of herself.
I can't believe she thinks it's still worth keeping this shambles going.Her parents need to make her aware of damage she has done and give her the correct advice.

Reactions: 7
Why does everyone keep bringing her parents into it? Her parents need to do this, daddy will be doing that, mummy drafted in, etc. Rebecca is a grown woman and should deal with this as such. I’m not sure why people here keep babying her. Same with saying her dad will be ordering Lee to do such and such like he’s the boss of everyone. This isn’t Downton Abbey.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Thank you for this recommendation. What a breath of fresh air. I truly wish other influencers would all watch her and take note. She is the exactly the kind of person that I would take a recommendation from. I wouldn't buy anything Meldrums or other influencers recommended because you know they are doing it purely to make money and not because it is a product they have bought and tried out themselves.
My thoughts too - she has always been true to her values and morals and not selling herself out for any old sh*t. Mostly keeps her kids (and always her husband) off her instagram. She doesn't block and delete people/comments, she enters into mature discussion and can agree to disagree. I really like her.

People like Rebecca and Lee and Rebecca Lamb etc will literally flog any old thing for some money and ads - I can see how when they started it seemed so so so amazing, imagine this being a JOB? But as quick as it came, it can go - she has no real brand (even before all this) and has sold herself - not much damage limitation will help now! I am interested to see how it unfolds once she is back.....

Reactions: 8
“Hi guyssss! So so many of you have been asking where we’ve been. Thank you for all your love & support throughout this tough & traumatic time for us. Your support means so so much!
So so many of you have been asking about the gym. Not to worry, I have plenty of vlogs for you to show just how absolooootely amazing I am. I know you bloody LOVE my gym vlogs.
Bit of news - we won’t be going to Greece after all. After much soul-searching we’ve decided that.....er......whatshername....oh yes!.....Safiyah! has missed quite a lot of school so we’ve decided, for her sake of course....not to go. Back to beggin....I mean booking another wee well-deserved #kindly gifted holiday for the school holidays. After all, we work sooooo hard & we’ve had such a bad couple of weeks with those pesky trolls on Tattle. Some people just have no sense of humour!
Bye guys!!!!!! “

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm not so sure.This is far worse than any of her previous misdemeanors.They have completely disappeared off the radar and the awful mess has gone public.They have also dragged other innocent people in to this.She should be ashamed of herself.
I can't believe she thinks it's still worth keeping this shambles going.Her parents need to make her aware of damage she has done and give her the correct advice.
To be honest, I don't think she's ever listened to her parents throughout her entire life. She's done exactly as she's always wanted. She's even said that she was a horrible teenager and her parents couldn't do anything about it then. She rules the roost in that family, and what Edgy wants, Edgy gets. It's doubtful she'd take notice of them.

Reactions: 10
She was fine for five days. Doing her instastory and she even commented how well she slept. All of the sudden she is heartbroken?!? She is underestimating her viewers 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Why does everyone keep bringing her parents into it? Her parents need to do this, daddy will be doing that, mummy drafted in, etc. Rebecca is a grown woman and should deal with this as such. I’m not sure why people here keep babying her. Same with saying her dad will be ordering Lee to do such and such like he’s the boss of everyone. This isn’t Downton Abbey.
Well said! She is 30 years old. A grown ass adult. She orchestrated this mess herself, she should deal with the consequences herself.

Reactions: 17
Plus I’m not sure I’d look to a pair of 60+ year olds to advise me on how to handle my modern social media career. Do either of them even work in the media? Being rich doesn’t mean you know everything and have the authority on all things.

Reactions: 10
Aberdeenshire Council looking for a school crossing patrol person in Banchory 🤔

Why have the channelbum statement screenshots shared in here been deleted? I don't understand why and it raises a number of questions for me personally about tattle now.

On a serious note, this has been a week we didn't expect but it's raised a lot of important questioning with discussion both on and offline. Away from here with family and friends I've learnt a lot of myself and even more about those close to me, to quote Messiah, we could all do better, be better. We should all learn from this on an individual level and continue to force the issue that racism is not acceptable in any form.
I'm impressed Amy put her opinion out there, I congratulate her. She's got more balls than 1000s of others. Sly comments about her "looking at notes" or whatever...duck me she's given her opinion - more than a lot of these pathetic greedy, grabbing mummy vloggers have done! Where's your high end mummies in this? It says a lot about those self centred witches that I follow, but not from today. They are Mothers yet not sharing or raising awareness of the unacceptable situation that another mother, Candice and thousands of other parents find themselves in daily. Seeing Candice's story from yesterday (I only watched this morning) made me cry at her broken heart for her baby. Yet quote me a mummy vlogger that's shared it?
The Meldrum's saw a 'joke' in their vlog, they never questioned it, they shared it, they didn't see the problem, many of their commentators /supporters still don't, that sickens me. But how many of us have been in that situation? A lot of us I am sure. We're reading the support of the Meldrums, some have been quoted on here. But every one of us has to question ourselves, others, even those close to us each and every time we hear or read a racist attack, we must all learn from this. Most of us are lucky we don't suffer, but we ALL of us have a responsibility.

How will this pan out for the Meldrums? They'll survive. But for how long depends on how they react, come back and create in the future.
I have been speaking to my kids about this, they are 12 and 9, and making them aware about the internet and how what you say and put on the internet has consequences.
Spoke about the Meldrums and showed them the articles online and they are horrified.
They don’t consider the comment a joke, and are shocked at how quickly it’s gone viral, and how it will affect their life and lifestyles as vloggers.
We live in a smaller town than they do and don’t have the privileges that Meldrums have regarding travel or lifestyles, but still know enough that you just don’t tolerate that comments 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.