Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shameonyou

Hi all,

Just signed up to this site because I am a Mummy Vlogger and blogger. I have been watching this shit storm unfold and am to scared to speak out without the anoniminity i have here of no one knowing who I am.

Firstly I am disgusted with Mrs M with firstly putting in the Kkk joke and putting it out into the public domain.

Secondly the way shes handled it after is beyond me. Shes gone into hiding hoping it will blow over but this time it seems so many other vloggers and influencers are furious a out the situation and I am not sure how she can come back from this.

Being a vlogger myself I would have made a sincere apology. I however wouldn't have made such a balls up in the first place a certainly wouldn't have laughed at the joke. Its in her best interested to piss off from YT. Shes retweeted racist jokes before and then this. She tries saying shes not racist! Mud sticks and this will haunt her for a very long time.

I also think the response from channel Mum was awful. I have removed all trace of channel Mum from my blog and am being taken off their list of vloggers because I do not and WILL not associate with such a company who support this woman!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 111

Unbells

First post but long time lurker. Has anyone heard back from the brands? Both Joules and SmartenergyGB have replied to me stating they will no longer be working with her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 87

CL1984

You know what's really annoying for me, someone who used to love watching her. If you look at all the videos that receive negative comments, just had a look at the food bank one for example... She just ignores all valid criticisms. No "I understand how it could appear a bit selfish' or trying to justify what she did. Instead just 'loves' all the comments sticking up for her. Why can't she take criticism or have the backbone to realise how she comes across.... How she often actives quite insentively .... Even if it's not intentional. Nothing is up for discussion, even if it's a valid point. How can you be a positive role model and strive for change if you are not willing to accept criticism or critically think about the way you have behaved? This is why she continues to make these huge errors. She is not stopping to think... Oh maybe what I did WAS insensitive .....
Another thing that REALLY annoyed me a while back which made me unfollow Lee was a photo of poppy with lipstick on. He had put it as 'gifted' /add for the brand and it was like in the comments he and rebecca were making a point about how 'stupid' the regulations were that they had to tag every single gift. It's like they were trying to make a point about how they think the regulations have gone too far. Well.sorry guys the regulations are there for a reason. Your consumerism puts pressure on other people to buy what you have....people need to UNDERSTAND that not everyone can normally afford to buy a Bobby brown lipstick!!! If they came out their arrogant bubble,they would appreciate more the consumerism pressure their jobs deliver to many watchers. Why couldn't they just stick with the rules and not moan about it. Liking every comment supporting them with people agreeing the rules are too extreme? So they only agree and sympathise with the people who agree with them? I read Lee's post and I unfollowed as I saw they were just doing it to make a point. RANT OVER! I am no troll, a positive person if the meldrums are reading this. just someone who is seriously annoyed with their stupidity and disregard for people's opinions and feelings

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
My constructive advice to Rebecca Meldrum
(She won't heed it but sure hey ho)
1. Issue a sincere apology to your followers and also Candice Braithwaite. A direct face to camera with no bullshit. Acknowledge your mistake, your attempt to cover up but also what you plan to do to educate yourself..
2. Lee needs to get a job outside of your social media. It's your channel, you built it up and were doing well until he left his job. Ye need an alternative source of income so as not to be dependent on the fickle world ye are in. This will also give you the opportunity to be selective about the ads you choose to do and focus on ones that you genuinely believe in. Label them correctly. Do not block and delete those with genuine differing opinions.
3. You need to relate to your followers. Life is hard for most parents, the constant juggling of children, work and home. We want to see vloggers going through the same struggles we are, not fucking off to the gym at every given opportunity and taking 3 or 4 holidays a year.
I'm sure other tattlers will also have advice for you. We are not all bitches, you know. Yes, we pull the piss occasionally but it's just banter mostly.
You don't need to thank me personally. You can send me virtual flowers here at tattle. I will share them with everyone here.
Apologies for the essay.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Queenie

VIP Member
If her parents had any gumption at all they’d be saying “Close down all your accounts. Lee, get the fuck back to work & put those kids first instead of your inflated egos”!

Reactions: 58
"I APOLOGISED DIDN'T I LEE?! DIDN'T I?! WHAT MORE DO THESE PEOPLE WANT, IT BETTER NOT SCREW UP OUR NIELSON'S HOLIDAY! THESE TROLLS ARE SO NASTY AND JEALOUS OF ME!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

inspirespirit

No I am being deadly serious. I am 31 and have two children. I would not know that saying that would be seriously offensive.
Having two children just means you've had two shags. It doesn't mean you are educated. You clearly aren't. We can only hope you make certain your children get a decent education.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Whiskygal

VIP Member
Someone asked earlier if it was being talked about locally yet.
We live about 10 mins away from them and yes, it’s being talked about. Not in her favour, in any way.

• Wow
  • Haha

Hepaticus

Chatty Member
I think any of us who have worked in larger workplaces recognise that younger Rebecca who was posting on Mumsnet. She was young, opinionated, but OTT and overly confident. Now usually, entering a workplace with a mix of ages and backgrounds, that helps to knock the edges off a young pup like Rebecca and as a result they learn to modify their behaviour to fit in well socially and they learn more about other people by working alongside them.

I don’t think Rebecca ever had the edges knocked off her. She learnt to keep certain things to herself online, but because she never received those workplace “growls” or “snaps” from older women or men, she somehow maintained that feeling of superiority and invincibility that is so common is some young people. Instead she’s been surrounded by sycophants. It’s not good for someone at that age!

This event is the mother of all workplace “growls”, but I think it will teach her a great deal.

• Heart

ChilliDog

All you old time tattlers know what this whole debacle is missing?
Two words. MELANIE SMOOTER.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Mabelrose

VIP Member
speaking personally I much preferred it when here at tattle we had laughs just at their boring daily lives, the dippy eggs, Pats legendary comments, Rebs sulking and stomping! Light banter, very very funny posts, sadly their egos, arrogance and shadiness have kept growing, so the comments have equally changed.

Reactions: 48

montydonfc

VIP Member
Haven’t really had the chance to comment the past few days as the threads have moved so quickly I’ve struggled to keep up.

It doesn’t surprise me it’s been radio silence since her “apology” on Sunday. There really isn’t anything right now she could say that would even begin to make amends for the 💩⛈ she has caused for herself and her brand.

Whilst yes, it was not Reb herself that made the comment, she has SOLE responsibility for what is uploaded to her social media platforms. She needed a vlog that could boost her recent poor viewing figures so she most likely hastily edited the footage, uploaded it early to entice people to watch. It’s manic, it’s poorly executed and ultimately it included a very distasteful joke that was said within a group of friends that was shared with the online world.

Her consequences now are a result of her actions and she shouldn’t be shocked at any of it. It’s not us “trolls” who have caused this. It’s Rebecca’s total disregard for having any pride in her brand, her livelihood, instead she rushes at 100 miles an hour wanting all the praise but then as soon as the shit hits the fan, she’s MIA.

From the Next Cancer Scare AD to the Boden Anxiety Jumper, the DLP boob, she’s had nothing but chance after chance to redeem herself but she doesn’t. She’s royally fucked up, again! Read back all the threads there have been and we repeat the same thing time and time again.. “she needs to find herself again, become relatable, declare things etc” she doesn’t give a fuck. She wants to half arse it but take maximum credit.

I still can’t believe the fact that moron she’s married too didn’t share the apology in any way, he spineless.

The only ones responsible for whatever happens from now are Pat & Reb (and their shameful greed).

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Idkk

Chatty Member
If you are white, you don’t get to say it’s not racist. It’s not up to you to tell black people how they should feel.

Reactions: 44

linzilou

Nice of poppy to get out there and earn the family some money since her mums taking a week off and her dads useless

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 44

linzilou

I suppose the bigger picture is that social media influencers (cannot believe that is a job title) are mostly unregulated.

They sneak ads in- nothing happens
They lie- nothing happens
Promote crap they would never buy- nothing happens
Unrealistic lifestyle preying on vulnerable mums- nothing happens
Rampant consumerism- nothing happens

If these were tv adverts there would be governing bodies getting involved because there is a duty of care involved.

We can’t carry on with the nothing happens line when talking about racism. I honestly don’t think she even understands what she has done wrong and that makes me so sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Not exactly Meldrum related but Candice has put out a really important insta story as her five year old daughter was told by another child she would not play with her because she is black. I'm not black, I live in a mainly white, middle class area - not unlike Mrs Meldrum but it is vital, vital we teach our children about racism and how a silly joke in a lift which I am sure wasn't meant with hate has consequences and ramifications.Let's all ensure we educate our children so no little girl gets left out and segregated because of the colour of her skin.

One very good thing to come from this is finding this woman (dreamy definitely isn't the word for her BTW) she is kick arse brilliant.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Peachbomb

VIP Member
These trolls that keep coming in here why are they so negative? I just don’t get it, what happened to lifting others?
If you can’t say anything nice say nothing! It’s just Jealousy, keep doing you tattlers!

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Queenie

VIP Member
"Casual" racism. IMO racism is racism, nothing "casual" about it.

For those still unsure about white supremecy & "casual" racism - am white supremacist in America was executed last week. He and his friends tied a black man to the back of their truck and dragged him for 3 miles before dumping his dead body in front of an African-American church. A KKK lighter was found among the evidence. This happened in our lifetime, now decades ago.

So, VLBO104 and other Mrs M sympathisers - think about that.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39