Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hepaticus

Chatty Member
One of my exes from long, long ago used to use silence as a tactical weapon. It’s wonderfully manipulative. Because you then start thinking what’s wrong? What have I done wrong? And what will be said when the silence is suddenly broken...all of which distracts from what THEY originally did wrong in the first place.

• Sad
Reactions: 29

anony mouse

Chatty Member
It's all getting a bit embarrassing now. Just stick to the rules and stfu. Why are they all debating what they should and shouldn't put as an #ad and asking followers what they think. Have any of them actually had a job before?? Can a company please #gift them all a bloody brain ? I can not deal with how thick they are.

• Haha

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
Because she didn’t want her followers to feel bad that they’d been gifted a free trip to Disney??! What a load of bollocks! I think you make them feel worse love by trying to make out you can pay for all this stuff yourself without anyone in your family actually working!!
Shame she hasn't had the same consideration during no spend January when she's booked holidays and paid for expensive personal trainers! Not so considerate about struggling supporters now! Wasn't considerate when she accepted payment to visit a foodbank yet turned up empty handed.

The masks slipping now Rebecca!

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Influencers on social media right now.
realising you actually have to declare that golden goose you’v blagged.... sorry been gifted,
It must be fucking hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Charlotte Taylor has saved a story on her page about the rule change and it’s so accepting and down to earth. She says she doesn’t have a PO Box because she doesn’t encourage gifted items as she doesn’t need anything and doesn’t want things to be wasted. She acknowledges that it would be offensive to her followers to not tell them if something was actually given to her for free. Breath of fresh air in comparison!

• Heart
M

Member 1682

Slightly off topic tonight but just looked at the photo of F on Lee’s page from tonight at the golf range

Why can’t they dress their kids appropriately for the weather and activity?

She in a dress, yet again, because god forbid they stop dressing her like a 2 year old and let her wear trousers/jeans... she’s got silly party shoes on and a dressy coat.

It’s the middle of January in the North East of Scotland. It’s freezing. Why dress her up like that to take her outdoors? Why can’t they dress her in jumper/jeans/proper shoes or trainers/hat/gloves/proper winter jacket.

They dress those kids like dolls. It’s all silly babyish party dresses and completely impractical tutus and sequin shoes. They are kids, not toys or fashion accessories.

Genevieve

Are they seriously comparing themselves to red carpet celebs???
Last time I checked Nicole Kidman wasn't posting affiliate links on her insta...gushing about how much she loves couture Givenchy...pretending to be my bestie!!

• Haha
M

Member 1682

I'd never heard of her but read that post she wrote about it on insta and wth! Why is it so difficult to put AD in front of what is essentially an AD - yes affiliate links are ADS! God her tone was just ridiculous and petty
I love how she asks what her sheep think... erm, it really doesn’t matter what your flock think love, the rules from a GOVERNMENT body pretty much trump whatever they think! ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Karen1

I sent NEXT a message on Instagram to complain about the cancer scare/AD as that honestly upset me so much, they have asked for a screen shot of the post. So I presume they haven’t even seen it!!

M

Member 1682

Without being overly dramatic this almost sounds like a type of victim blaming. ‘You sheep made me lie to you about the DLP trip and I only did it for your own good because I’m such a caring influencer’
But yet she doesn’t feel bad about going on umpteen Nielsen holidays? She doesn’t feel bad about the thousands of pounds worth of free furniture she has in her house? She doesn’t feel bad about the £1K plus Next clothes/homewares she has?

She’s a habitual liar. She lies and lies and lies and can’t even keep up with herself. It’s embarrassing. What a delightful example she’s setting for those poor kids.

anony mouse

Chatty Member
Someone close to her who possesses more than 3 brain cells (not you Pat) needs to sit her down with a box of crayons and her blank craft book and explain the rules to her in a way that even she can understand. It's really not that hard. It's not even our job and we have no problems understanding them ?

• Haha

montydonfc

VIP Member
Rules for some but not for me, I want it all and I want it for free! Mirrors and lippy, a bike for the kids, quick send it all before my career hits the skids!

• Haha
  • Heart
M

Member 1682

Themuddymummy is freaking out about the new rules on stories. Why be freaked out/upset if they don't have anything to hide?
URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck sake!

Getting a gift IS EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME AS BEING PAID IN CASH YOU ABSOLUTE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meldrums were “gifted” numerous holidays to Neilson resorts, the monetary cost of that was what, £10K maybe? Are you seriously saying you don’t think that’s the same as getting a cash payment?!

These people are so so so stupid!!!!!!

• Angry

fmmac

Thanks for this... I suffer so bad with anxiety, OCD and an eating disorder and I have a new baby and things have been getting on top of me so much lately, I have a lovely home, fab husband and a healthy baby, yet I was always comparing myself to these Mum bloggers who just seem to have their shit so perfectly together that I lost sights of what I myself have to be grateful for and my mental health has/is suffering terribly. Your post has inspired me to unfollow all of these fake mothers... I don’t need to speed clean my house 6 times a day to be happy! With that said, zoflora is going in the bin and I’m off to bed! Thank you for this post and for making me see the light! X
I hope you're feeling better soon. Everything you have written could have been written by me two years ago.

When I had my baby I thought these instamums were the norm. I put so much pressure on myself about having this perfect life. My mental health really suffered as I thought I was failing my baby and my husband when I wasn't able to keep up.

Eventually I unfollowed everyone and felt better when I realised that is not a real life they are showing. The first six months of my baby's life was a dark time for me as I didn't feel good enough. This is why I believe this influencer industry needs tighter regulations so that vulnerable people, like I was, are protected.

• Sad
  • Heart

Jndc85

Christ almighty if a company sends you a gift as an influencer it's because they what you to fucking show it to your sheep who will hopefully buy it therefore you are ADVERTISING a product it not rocket science.

Also that Bobby Brown palette ad. They also obviously sent her a letter telling her it's a new release and when it will be out. She's advising people when it will be out to try get them to buy it. How can she not think that is an ad. Idiot.

• Haha

Instasham

Chatty Member
Oh and by the way Mrs M Ltd - these are not new rules. This was the law when you failed to disclose your freebie Neilson hols. This was the law when you made money from undisclosed affiliate links. This was the law when you lied about DLP. This was the law when followers told you what you were doing was not in line with the rules and you blocked and deleted the comments.

Last chance saloon time in terms of getting it right and facing the legal consequences

Reactions: 26

Whatever21

I’ve been reading here for a while. I followed the Instagram page yesterday and had a notification this morning from lee asking to follow me?. Is he trying to sus out tattlers? I’ve blocked him anyway. Keep up the good work ladies and gents x

• Wow
  • Heart

Char_92

Also, influencers are only annoyed about all this as it means everyone will be aware of how much they actually get sent. Which means, deep down, they’re embarrassed/ashamed of the amount of stuff they receive for nothing.

• Heart