Mrs Meldrum #18 The Sheep Are Still Bleating, The Gym Will Be Fleeting, Nasty Tweets Were Discovered And Reb Gets Deleting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
do tell . I don't follow her -nor want to check and give her any views
She’s saying that these are “proposed” new guidelines by the CMA and that she thinks it’s stupid, that gifted items are no different to a perk of a job such as a company car etc

She’s completely missing the point. Doesn’t seem to grasp that they are being gifted a product so that they can advertise it! She thinks gifted items are just given to them for the hell of it!

Honestly...... ??

Reactions: 15
So everyone is now just saying they’re going to continue to say gifted for free tit and ad for paid posts. Wtf? So they’re blatantly just telling everyone they refuse to follow the rules??
Yeah, they all seem to think this is some sort of guideline or that if they carry on with the #gifted then that’s ok...!

Reactions: 8
If she wants to compare getting gifted items to having a company car.....great. But make sure you send a list of all those gifts you've received to HMRC so that they can adjust your tax code accordingly.

Reactions: 17
I posted over on the other thread as well but another influencer (justalittlebuild) posted about that same Bobbi Brown palette, she has marked hers as #gifted on 1 story but like Reb, there is no #ad disclosure. It's interesting that Bobbi Brown social media is managed by someone who also has her own influencer account (huntersandheels) and a thread on here I believe. The palette seems to launch on Jan 31 so you can bet they've been told when to post for maximum effect. But it's not an ad right!
This needs to be reported ASA and CMA

Reactions: 11
Are they seriously comparing themselves to red carpet celebs???
Last time I checked Nicole Kidman wasn't posting affiliate links on her insta...gushing about how much she loves couture Givenchy...pretending to be my bestie!!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She’s saying that these are “proposed” new guidelines by the CMA and that she thinks it’s stupid, that gifted items are no different to a perk of a job such as a company car etc
She’s completely missing the point. Doesn’t seem to grasp that they are being gifted a product so that they can advertise it! She thinks gifted items are just given to them for the hell of it!
Honestly...... ??
ohhh... maybe she thinks she gets stuff free because she pretty.... :mad::mad::mad:
thanks for replying btw

Reactions: 9
Candice Braithwaite is at it too! Instagram story showing freebies she’s picked up today - high end make up and a book... no # of any kind..... ?

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Report them every time and we all need to be making it clear we expect these floggers delt with.! If they start getting fined they will soon start following the rules! They are underhand sales people, hiding behind saying they are your friend!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Why can’t they see that these ‘gifts’ are in fact payment in kind for adverts? It’s not that difficult a concept to grasp surely? If it was an occasional small item (tee shirt, lipstick sample, cleaning product, etc) it wouldn’t be a big issue, but we are talking of thousands of pounds worth of ‘gifts’ in some instances. They should be declared as ads if they are mentioned in a post, blog, vlog, etc ANDTHEY SHOULD BE TAXED ON THEM! Bet we’d see the donations to women’s shelters and the like increase them as charity donations are tax exempt!

Reactions: 18
I cannot believe the privileged, self entitled, rants they are having about declaring gifts as ads.

Comparing themselves to celebs on the red carpet ?

That. Is. Not. The. Same.

Why don’t they get it?

I’d like to see how quickly companies would stop sending them freebies if they weren’t showing them to their followers and generating sales for them!!! It’s an AD!

Reactions: 21
Shes pretty crap on insta theres still ambigous things

Like working with x brand
Undeclared discounts
Ads hidden at the end in tiny print.

Where the CAM could go to town is her you tube.

Thumb nails not clear its an ad
False claims about vitamins granola and now ellas kitchen being healthy and making crazy claims like rowing 400k.
She often says she link some things she never does maybe she never purchased them in the 1st place.
The makeup video with undisclosed freebies she had already declared on insta.

I can't believe they dident fine her over disney
They lied. And mislead.

Also there was vlog lately about cleaning

She recommended a carpet cleaner

I believe this is an ad

She already has working relationship with Dr beck

It's all very shady and grubby
Anyone with half a brain can join the dots.

As for her story lets not give her any attention giggling like a school girl using ramming puns like she did with bad boy eggs.

I don't know how she can be so smug when here's evidence that can clearly damage her reputation.

Nothing we made up
It's all come from her many social media platforms.
She looks like Reg Holdsworth in that photo!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Being an influencer is their job!!!! They tell us all the time that they EARN their living being Boss women! that is why they have to declare everything.! They are not stupid, they have just been getting away with it and they know it’s going to shock a lot of their followers when they realise they have been very misleading in their recommendations.!!

Reactions: 17
Funnily enough influencers that have always been open and honest are not having hissy fits!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ash Reid....Company Car -Taxable income declared on P11D...

So if you want to talk apples for apples sure but don’t be saying that gifts are just perks you don’t have to declare.. that’s BS.

Meldrums Gifted eye palette.. here’s the date it launches... okay hen, if you don’t think that’s an AD cool.. she is bleeping deluded.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Themuddymummy is freaking out about the new rules on stories. Why be freaked out/upset if they don't have anything to hide?
Cant stand her shes another materialistic little brat??

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I posted over on the other thread as well but another influencer (justalittlebuild) posted about that same Bobbi Brown palette, she has marked hers as #gifted on 1 story but like Reb, there is no #ad disclosure.
Justalittlebuild is in a different league to Melds ? She could certainly afford to buy her own BB makeup if she so wished ?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.