Mrs Meldrum #133 Tits, Tony and Tesla… A memoir

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also if your child wants to be vegetarian you need to substitute in some protein in their diet through beans, lentils, pulses etc. Apart from the salmon and a bit in the fish fingers there’s very little if any protein in those meals.
She has no idea about nutrition.

Reactions: 8
I’m honestly dying at that meal plan for the week. She’s SO LAZY. Fish tacos, fish pie, fish bites, quorn bolognese, lentil curry - none of it is rocket science. If she stopped online shopping for ugly fleeces and instead spent 10 mins googling healthy meals she’s have been able to put together a lovely meal plan WITH THE GIRLS. I’m a stay at home mum and include the kids in all meal planning. Especially if they want to eat something different that week. I don’t understand how she can’t be embarrassed by what she posts. I just don’t understand. In fact if any of my friends said what she said about going pescatarian I’d actually be worried about them. Wtf. “Mum I’m interested is giving up meat” “ok here is a fish finger” 🤯🤯🤯

Reactions: 16
Christ, her school is just getting rid of Jolly Phonics?? Read, Write, Inc' (note the C Beggy, not K) was launched in 2007 🥴
No, I think they've done read write inc for at least a few years now, she probably just hadn't done any homework with them before

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I don't think she sees what Lee does as work at all.
I think she sees him going off shore to see his work mates while she has to run the house and look after the children while he doesn't. She doesn't care what sort of work he's doing. All she cares about is what she's doing and he isn't. So when he comes back to shore, she sees that as her "time off her job" because Lee hasn't been doing any of the household duties or childcare.

I just can't understand why she won't give the man a break, I bet he's not even caught up from their holiday and the 7 hour drive home while beggy has been sat down every 5 minutes with a hot tea and sleeping for 4 hours in the day time, he has been working!
All these extravagant holidays they’ve taken and they could have put the money aside so Lee could retire earlier from his job. He must really miss the girls.

Reactions: 7
Wtf is this on her grid?
What brand is going to offer her work after browsing through her grid and seeing half hearted, slovenly attempts to stay relevant?
This is a woman who needs serious intervention. Lee - we know you read here and inwardly resent the situation she's put you in. The manic bathroom cleaning screams erratic behaviour and mood swings to me - probably after reading the comments to her Menu here.

Get your wife to give up the Influencer dream - for your girls sakes at least.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
Can we just establish here that Rebecca Meldrum is not a SAHM - due to the fact she doesn’t do the ‘M’ part so please don’t compare yourselves.

She is just a SAH

She is UNEMPLOYED

• Heart
Reactions: 39
What would she put on her CV? An all expenses paid Disney trip in her 20’s that she tells people was work, dicked about on YouTube, got in trouble for being racist then pissed about on Instagram where her skills are sharing links of things no one wants to buy, sharing fads that last a few days and making GRWM reels where she’s got a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

No one with half a brain cell would employ her

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Im sorry but if my child woke up one day and announced he/she was going to be a fussy buggar with food I would tell them tough. They can make those choices when they are 16/18. Until then they will have a well balanced diet so long as they live under my roof. The children are growing for gods sake!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Im sorry but if my child woke up one day and announced he/she was going to be a fussy buggar with food I would tell them tough. They can make those choices when they are 16/18. Until then they will have a well balanced diet so long as they live under my roof. The children are growing for gods sake!
Completely agree. How old are S & F? 11 & 7 or something? I’m sorry there is no way I’d be letting little kids of that age dictate what they were eating. It’s just utter nonsense. When they are old enough to buy it & cook it themselves they can’t eat whatever they want but until then they eat what’s put in front of them.

I found the whole ‘one won’t sit at the table’ thing weird. Maybe it’s just me and my weird ways (I am quite strict over table manners l, mine know their 2 rules for life 1) don’t be a dick and 2) use good table manners!) but i don’t think she should have a choice. If you’ve decided to use the table to eat then she sits there as she’s told surely! If she choices not to eat (i realise the parent battles we all have there sometimes!) then she sits there until everyone else has finished?? I don’t think I’m being unreasonable there? It’s basic manners and good discipline imo!

Reactions: 17
i think many children go through phases of this. As a parent you can use it as a learning tool to help engage with the child and look at cooking together and trying out new recipes as a family. Also a great time to discuss nutrition and promote healthy eating concepts at the age of 11 for growing girls.

I don’t think they should be told No, but I also don’t agree that the whole family should go into it half arsed and just eat tit

Reactions: 16
I found the whole ‘one won’t sit at the table’ thing weird. Maybe it’s just me and my weird ways (I am quite strict over table manners l, mine know their 2 rules for life 1) don’t be a dick and 2) use good table manners!) but i don’t think she should have a choice. If you’ve decided to use the table to eat then she sits there as she’s told surely! If she choices not to eat (i realise the parent battles we all have there sometimes!) then she sits there until everyone else has finished?? I don’t think I’m being unreasonable there? It’s basic manners and good discipline imo!
Agree. But Rebecca clearly has no control over thier girls. She’s useless. Takes the easy route every time because she simply can’t be arsed to parent her kids.

Reactions: 12
Agree. But Rebecca clearly has no control over thier girls. She’s useless. Takes the easy route every time because she simply can’t be arsed to parent her kids.
yes it just sounds like inconsistent parenting - all the girls are in school so I assume they know how to sit there.

i wonder if mealtimes are just so awful and with all her screeching at them (let’s be honest it’ll be the only real time she spends with them) and all the running off that the feral one doesn’t end up eating much and doesn’t sleep as she’s hungry

Reactions: 15
My son is autistic and doesn’t sit at the table. He struggles with sitting anyway, he finds the social formality of eating at a table with everyone too much so we don’t force it. As long as he eats I’m not too worried where he eats. My daughter sits at the table because she likes to. Maybe P has some issues with things similar to my son.

My son is autistic and doesn’t sit at the table. He struggles with sitting anyway, he finds the social formality of eating at a table with everyone too much so we don’t force it. As long as he eats I’m not too worried where he eats. My daughter sits at the table because she likes to. Maybe P has some issues with things similar to my son.
Did she say it was Poppy that won’t sit at the table?

Reactions: 2
i think many children go through phases of this. As a parent you can use it as a learning tool to help engage with the child and look at cooking together and trying out new recipes as a family. Also a great time to discuss nutrition and promote healthy eating concepts at the age of 11 for growing girls.

I don’t think they should be told No, but I also don’t agree that the whole family should go into it half arsed and just eat tit
As a family we decide what meals we would like then as a mother I make the final decision for a meal plan but I would never allow either one of my children to dictate something so important as to decide on a dietary need unless it was for medical reasons. Children are growing and children need a balanced diet to support such needs.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She said one child didn't sit at the table when Lee wasn't there which implies that said child can sit perfectly fine at the table when her dad is there with her.

Reactions: 13
My youngest is tallest in the class (not sure on the eldest as she's secondary now but was in primary). Luckily mine aren't fussy and love veg, lentils etc. We'll have the same types of foods as before just swap the meat for soya mince, vegan chicken etc. Fajitas, spag bol, currys, nut roasts and stew and dumplings are my girls favourites.
If her kids don't like veg and only really eat spag bol then they probably aren't eating well pescatarian or not

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.