Mrs Meldrum #102 Claims to be pretty hot on the academic, won’t homeschool during pandemic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Meldrums are not what I would call “upper class” in any way shape or form. Lee is very much working class. I’m not particularly comfortable with the whole class system anyway because really, it’s kind of null and void now. There’s lots of people with money who wouldn’t consider themselves “upper class” - I’m one of them! I come from a very humble working class background, grew up in a council house, we didn’t have much money etc but I’ve grafted my whole adult life and I’m now (with my husband who comes from a similar background and is a tradesman) in a very comfortable financial position, we built our own home, have no financial worries etc but I’d always consider us to be working class.

But to address your point, no, I don’t think it’s anything to do with “class” - it’s just lazy as duck parenting from idiots who are too wrapped up in themselves to give a tit about the kids.
Yes i totally agree. I think im similar to you, my mum (my dad died last year) still lives in the council house i was raised in and they were dirt working poor. But somehow i happened to be abit more academic than most of my mates on our council estate and i went to uni, did my BA and MA, and im now considered 'professional'- im a social worker. My partner is an electrician. We have both worked so hard, and we are aware that our own children have much more than we ever did growing up. Im the first person in my family who has ever been to uni, and got a mortgage. we would be considered middle class if you went by our bank balance, professions etc etc. But im so not. I absolutely consider myself working class, but im aware we are very lucky to be in the position we are..But we have both worked bloody hard! As for Beggy, she has no class, no education, she hasnt worked hard for her 'profession'. Me and my friends laugh at her for the way she tries to come across. In fact me and my friends dont even discuss money or feeling we have to ascribe to a certain 'class' because we are just normal. Beggy is a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oooooh they do kindly gifted jumpers with knuckle covers built in. Lemme go beg one.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What a bleeping plum ...... bet the kids eyes were rolling when she was throwing her shapes ......bellend!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not to derail but has anyone seen the interview with influenza in dubai on this morning today. Stupid woman is spouting "be kind be kind". Reminded me so much of Beggy. Be kind="dont call me out for any of the tit I do, k?"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Did Beggy go to public school, out of interest?

The British Class system is incredibly complicated, and has very little to do with money, anymore. Funny how perceived class is usually only important to those like Rebecca, who show such little of it.

Reactions: 4
She only did the dance so she could aff link her outfit later. She’s just a walking clothes horse.
A walking clothes horse with bow legs. There’s a gap you could get a bus through when she walks they are that buckled. She always reminds me of
Someone who’s been riding a horse all day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Did Beggy go to public school, out of interest?

The British Class system is incredibly complicated, and has very little to do with money, anymore. Funny how perceived class is usually only important to those like Rebecca, who show such little of it.
She went to a normal school, Banchory Academy I believe. Nothing special.

Reactions: 3
I never trust a well written list! It’s what people do to waste time rather than actually doing the tasks!!

My rushed lists of tit I have to remember and it’s really important look like they were written by the 4 year old
LOL at this ! It’s so true I make the most beautiful lists with little doodles and everything and then I drift to Tattle or other distractions and f all gets done

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
She went to a normal school, Banchory Academy I believe. Nothing special.
It is the top school in Aberdeenshire and it is council run. It has regularly been in the top schools list in Scotland for many years. Plenty opportunities for a good education and for those with money, lots of tutors to choose from 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It is the top school in Aberdeenshire and it is council run. It has regularly been in the top schools list in Scotland for many years. Plenty opportunities for a good education and for those with money, lots of tutors to choose from 😉
I wonder if Beggy is up on the wall of fame in the assembly hall? “EX Youtuber, master of slow days and MLMs”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I'm confused about where she's from. Did she grow up in England and then move to Banchory when she was youngish? She doesn't sound Scottish

Reactions: 1
I'm confused about where she's from. Did she grow up in England and then move to Banchory when she was youngish? She doesn't sound Scottish
She’s from Yorkshire so she says. I’m sure it might be teeside. Moved at age 10 and kept the accent.

There's a really funny smell in here tonight. Fishy? 🙄 Or is it Fox tit? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Also, she’s banging on about her girls missing their friends. Wasn’t saying the other day that in Scotland under 12s don’t count, so she’s been meeting up with one other person so the girls CAN see other kids?! Whereas in England our kids haven’t seen anyone for bloody ages. Not that I begrudge her kids, Christ knows they deserve to see someone that isn’t her!

Reactions: 5
Also, she’s banging on about her girls missing their friends. Wasn’t saying the other day that in Scotland under 12s don’t count, so she’s been meeting up with one other person so the girls CAN see other kids?! Whereas in England our kids haven’t seen anyone for bloody ages. Not that I begrudge her kids, Christ knows they deserve to see someone that isn’t her!
Not really to be fair because adults can only be in twos outdoors so unless kids were big enough to close enough to go to a park by themselves it’s not that feasibly to be in groups .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.