Mrs Hinch #500 Sophie Hinchliffe: This is Me; Life in Lists (of Lies) - The Tattle Truths

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's not forget her fabulous cooking! I present spagetti hoop pie with spinach, plastic cheese and fried eggs!
And of course, when you only have potatoes, chicken, cream, onions and eggs, you make slop with curry powder in, instead of a creamy chicken and potatoes. She may has said that the pink part was onions but tattle knows that it was really raw chicken!!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
The time she tried to sell her THIS IS ME with the selling line about addressing the trolls and conspiracy theories it’s all she went on about claiming that’s what the book was full of and I don’t recall it having a single conspiracy theory in it or any actual real troll stuff either just a bunch of woe is me mumbo jumbo 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Can we maybe also take a minute to honour each other during thread 500? The real community that Hinch has created - where we actually respect and support each other. I've dipped in and out of this thread since she announced her pregnancy with Lennie because of the triggers for me, but before that when I was a regular and every time I've come back after I've either received so much love and support if /when it's needed or witnessed it being given to others. Thanks to you all for being so ace and a special shout out to @Pollyanna263 for the amazing recaps and @Andioooop recently for the photoshops that make me howl every time, you brighten up my nursing shifts during this shitshow and your dedication does not go unnoticed! ♥
May I add @mammaof3 to the list, who quietly updates the wiki with all the receipts. There are a LOT of receipts, as you can imagine. For newbies, the wiki is the pink button at the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Sharing a photograph of her son using the toilet with millions of bots followers is probably the worst thing I’ve ever seen an influencer do. She should have been cancelled at that point - it was a disgusting invasion of his privacy and bordering on very worrying behaviour.

Secondly, the ‘unscrew your plugs and flood your kitchens’ debacle. Irresponsible and idiotic. It’s also a good example of the way she has encouraged dangerous or stupid practices and failed to apologise. She simply deletes and moves on to avoid criticism or responsibility.

Thirdly, the lies she has told about little Ronnie whilst using him for content. Dubbing a voice and claiming it to be his, even though he has communication issues. My heart bleeds for poor Ronnie. He a little darling who needs privacy.

Lastly, the hidden ads for her own tat. Why does she always manage to get one of her Tesco candles in any photo with its tag still attached and facing the camera? Once a saleswoman, always a saleswoman. 🙄

Forgot one: An empty book of lines and doodles, charging £12.99 for it and claiming she’s an awfur. An awfur of lies, yeah. Get in the bin.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
The first time she doxxed a troll.
The lady was sent death threats and told she doesn't deserve the heart transplant she was waiting for.

• Wow
  • Sad
Mrs Hinch did not used to declare ads, and would often show products under the guise of “loving it” or buying it herself in a Hinch Haul. This may have been true in early days, but she quickly started to have contracts with various companies. We could never be sure if something was an ad or not. She exploited this for as long as she could until enough complaints were made to the ASA and she was investigated. After that, she posted some intentionally confusing stories about what constitutes an ad/gifted etc and when she had to and didn’t have to declare. Just muddy enough of an explanation to soothe the sheep. She has added #ad or brand partner somewhat more since then, but it is still not always obvious. She often hides it in the photo. There have also been some stories posted by Mr Hinch which feel like ads but we can’t be sure either as they are not declared. It seems that they are using his account to get around some ad declarations. (I’ll leave those receipts for someone else to share if they can)

See some hidden ads below. Some of them are hidden behind the “send message” box.

D03955FB-9DBC-4FD4-972A-800F53480B17.jpeg
6E43C8A6-BC09-438B-8EEF-FA0D52B15259.jpeg
327B031F-D435-438D-9083-E1E5A859A443.jpeg
077C05E5-65E5-46F7-BE71-545A8D779EDC.png
9BDEFAF0-4E73-4D94-A798-4A2D11EA218F.jpeg
3B6EDA21-22DC-4C3A-8AAA-39A03D1A75BF.jpeg

Here’s another more recent one from Jamie. Undeclared ad for her pillows and book.
8A9F4C08-C86A-4432-B1A1-951D00F30115.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
When she supposedly fell asleep holding Len, who was really really young, outside on her patio - and let jimbob share it on his account, knowing it’s a stupid and dangerous thing to be highlighting 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 33
The time she trapped poor Ron in the playhouse until inch had started filming. Nothing like using your son as a prop, for content day after day 🤬

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Very rarely post here as I can't keep up! But the two biggest things for me are:

- the story about the GP who said lots of patients had been able to come off their medication because of hinching and they wished she could be bottled... This upset me initially because it took me years to accept medication for my mental health and stories like this imply it's not necessary. However, it wasn't that long ago she shared a story about being on Sertraline herself (I think, it may have been another brand). Noone should feel the need to share their private medical information just because they are in the public eye, but if she is comfortable sharing it then she could help lots of others realise it's nothing to be ashamed of. Which is a complete contradiction to her book because enjoying cleaning your house is a perfect substitute for medical treatment... 😩

- Unsafe sleeping practices. Several examples I'm sure, but the ones that spring to mind are the photo of her "asleep" sitting on a patio with a sleeping baby Lennie lying on her, and the pics of cots/cribs full of bumpers, soft toys, possibly a snuzpod or similar... That's without mentioning the huge crib with Henry jumping up at it!

• Sad
Reactions: 44
Hiding the likes on her grid posts under the philanthropic guise of making smaller accounts feel less intimidated, when the truth is her engagement levels have dropped significantly. You can see this if you view her posts on a laptop/desktop. Hence the constant “what do you think guys?” question boxes where she does not share responses. All an attempt to boost engagement. She will share a “poor little scrutinised me” post and then jump on the paid content bandwagon as soon as it is an option so the shoppers continue to find her lifestyle.

Watch the documentary Fake Famous and read the book People Like Her. NONE of this is genuine

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I have no proof of the following but someone will - she was in a shop, heard 2 ladies talking about her in the aisle next to her, but she didn't dare go up to them?
Here are the videos of her telling the story about overhearing the ladies at the coop talking about her. Lots of darting eyes, just saying.

But…could these have been the voices she “heard?” How odd.

785DAC0B-0003-433E-BF53-72C06BA498C1.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Hiding the likes on her grid posts under the philanthropic guise of making smaller accounts feel less intimidated, when the truth is her engagement levels have dropped significantly. You can see this if you view her posts on a laptop/desktop. Hence the constant “what do you think guys?” question boxes where she does not share responses. All an attempt to boost engagement. She will share a “poor little scrutinised me” post and then jump on the paid content bandwagon as soon as it is an option so the shoppers continue to find her lifestyle.

Watch the documentary Fake Famous and read the book People Like Her. NONE of this is genuine
1A9A7693-F75E-4631-B61D-603C03469F1E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
C12D2CA9-4537-4C37-A042-5BFDCBD4A26B.png

This. I didn't notice this at the time of watching her stories. Only coming here did I see it. But it is so obvious now and the most ridiculous thing to do. But it goes to show how easily you miss the silly lies when just watching her stories.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I don’t have a problem with her using prerecords - just be transparent about it instead of pretending things are happening in real time.

I don’t have problem with her making money from advertising - just be transparent about it instead of not declaring it or making the AD barely noticeable, or driving her followers to Amazon to buy something random and cheap to plant cookies that give her a percentage of everything they spend in the next 30 days, whether it has been promoted by her or not.

Mrs Sophie Hinchliffe:

Stop encouraging people to buy lots of products which essentially do the same thing. You can tell when you are re-negotiating your contracts because suddenly washing up liquid and a sponge is all you need for every job. Then the deal is struck and you start heavily promoting other products as the only thing to do the job again

Stop encouraging people to use excessive amounts of these products each time they use them so they need to buy more.

Stop pretending you did not know “how it happened” when you and Jamie planned the whole thing. Own it.

Stop playing the anxiety card to deflect from criticism and prime your followers for an expensive reveal. Your actions are negatively affecting people with genuine anxiety issues.

Stop using your children for content. It is a violation of their right to a private life and is setting them for emotional issues in the future - they will either resent you and need to recover from the overexposure, or will follow in your footsteps and spend their lives seeking validation from strangers, worrying about their looks, faking a Insta-perfect life for public consumption. Let them be children. Anonymous happy children.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Things to never be seen again list :-
Polly cleaning trolley
Coffee machine (never mentioned but pictured)
Ron’s big toys (digger)
Dolls house
Chewed patterned lounge rug
Bouncy castle
Shed (sure I saw one) ??
Cuddle clock
Mud kitchen
Narnia
Ron’s many cars

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Just to add a little evidence to the whole filtering her face while promoting cosmetics which is against ASA rules.
Here is a photo from her montage after Lennie was born - you can see she has lovely natural skin and lots of freckles across her cheeks and nose. Compare this to the photo of her advertising Iconic cosmetics. I think at the time a tattler messaged Iconic with their concerns to be told that they had no reason to think that Sophie was using filters in her advertisement for them (someone please correct me if I’m wrong).
I know we all have parts of our bodies or faces that we dislike but to use a blatant filter and lie about how your face really looks, specifically when you’re using these filters in adverts for your own monetary gain, it’s all just a bit wrong to me. Really doesn’t send the right message to all of her easily influenced followers.
3100A7C7-93EE-4F06-9DE5-615E575DBE56.jpeg
1BF3C199-8A9C-43E6-AABB-5CAAFA344960.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.