Mrs Hinch #247 Gifted mirror on the wall she's the biggest troll of all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So something was annoying me about that interview this morning, that I bit the bullet and went back to listen...through gritted teeth🙄 I wanted to listen to the gastric band thing as someone said she didn’t seem to know things about it. She certainly seemed like she was struggling to answer his questions on it 🤔 Can somebody with medical background confirm what she said happened, could happen...I just can‘t listen to her voice again as it just....well I can’t bear it 🤢 Did she say it went into her oesophagus?? Is that possible? And Fanny do you know if she did have one fitted or was even 8 stone heavier at one time?
I knew I‘d seen a screen shot somewhere similar 😂🤣
I’m a doctor training in gastroenterology. I don’t come across gastric bands very often but I’ve done some reading and it sound plausible if you allow for her explaining it inaccurately (which many people do as medical information translated into lay language often results in meaning being lost).

You can get something called gastric prolapse aka “band slippage”, where instead of the band sitting neatly around the stomach, a bit of extra stomach can get trapped in the band which can pinch the entrance to the stomach closed or partially closed. Interestingly it is not uncommon (1-14%) and some people don’t get any symptoms from this. The authors also don’t list weight loss as a symptom of this side-effect, but rather reflux, regurgitation and vomiting and rarely sudden upper abdominal pain (she said her pain was back pain,I think?).

The paper I read says the management is to deflate the band and repeat imaging to see if the prolapse resolves, and some cases need surgery.
Helpfully the authors say the following about pregnancy-
“Band unlocking is another alternative, particularly in a pregnant patient where time under anesthesia and fetal health are most important; the patient then can return for a definitive operation when she is postpartum”

I think her story is plausible BUT it doesn’t ring true with me that they would just reposition the band rather than deflate/unlock it, especially when she was approx 8 months pregnant and seemingly very malnourished. Who is to say it wouldn’t slip again, requiring another general anaesthetic?? That’s the aspect of the story I just don’t buy as she hasn’t regained the excess weight, which would have happened if they had unlocked the band. It does make me wonder if she even has a band at all, or an eating disorder.

Link to the paper for anyone interested: https://bariatrictimes.com/long-term-complications-gastric-banding-balloon/

Sorry if that is more info that anyone needed, I have a professional interest and currently bored at home self isolating as my husband has COVID!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Only a div would find it funny that her spaghetti pie mash up creation was brought up on the radio when it was described in one tabloid as a ‘national disgrace’! She’s got no shame that one and leaving a bath dirty overnight is pure skanky and manky. I’d be embarrassed to even be filmed cleaning it!

Reactions: 14
That’s the only grid post I can see it on
This chair (which was also #GIFTED - Carter chair £149.99 from myfurniture.com) from the old makeup/hair room, then moved to the corner of the new master bedroom and I suspect she would drag it in place each day to apply her makeup. Not sure where it will now go though, as the make up drawers now take up that space - maybe Henry's room?

Attachments

Reactions: 8
They really can’t do anything with Ronnie there can they? They are the most unrelatable couple out there. Also is Ronnie even allowed to go to ma barkers anymore? I thought households weren’t to mix? I’m not sure of the restrictions in England though
households can mix still in England, just limited to 6 people

Reactions: 2
To the Tattler who pointed out that Hinch and Vest both sound like the stupid couple from The Catherine Tate Show, I can’t see or hear anyone different now. 😂😂😂 Uncanny.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It’s perfectly fine her saying “oh the piano bench was only £40” but who honestly has a spare £40 at the moment to blow on a chair? She had a chair there (even if it was a grim tacky one) so why did it need to be replaced? She’s a hoarder!

Reactions: 18
Is that from her book? Why did she write “Yanno” ? Such a weirdo. 🤔
I think the ghostwriter/proofreader might have been on work experience. The screenshots I’ve seen on here are full of grammatical and what I’d consider to be shocking print errors. Surely anyone with a teeny amount of English skill would correct that to y’know or even, you know?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yep apparently so, it’s far back in the threads, it was someone in the family 😮
Jesus duck. I mean I always say to my sisters I’ll take my niece/nephew off their hands forever they’re so cute but NO! You can’t buy a wean! I would not leave my child with anyone who wanted to 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But she very rarely accepts freebies, or so the book says. Does that mean it’s maybe a book of LIES??!!
Exactly! Not quite sure how she can say that. Maybe she thinks they no longer count as gifted after a certain amount of time passes 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.