Molly-Mae Hague #6 Every little helps, pair of absolute melts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What was illegal about it? Perhaps she could’ve selected the winner in a different way but even to be on the 20 person shortlist you still had to have your name entered. It’s not like she shortlisted 20 randomers, they all came from those who entered.

I also think to suggest they shouldve gone through all 2 million entrants individually is not realistic.
honestly cba with this chat anymore. Please stop trying to not understand it. It’s basic sampling. I work in finance and we sample a lot - there’s so many methods because of issues with what she did. A giveaway needs to allow those who enter to have an equal chance of winning. That’s like doing a lottery for number 1-50 then saying, actually we will only call out numbers 5-30 because I cba to do the hard work of running something properly.
It’s wrong. There’s no argument.

Reactions: 58
What was illegal about it? Perhaps she could’ve selected the winner in a different way but even to be on the 20 person shortlist you still had to have your name entered. It’s not like she shortlisted 20 randomers, they all came from those who entered.

I also think to suggest they shouldve gone through all 2 million entrants individually is not realistic.
If you say that everyone who enters has a chance, I would say that means everyone who enters has to be on the shortlist. She and/or her team could have easily cherry picked who was on the 20 person shortlist to people who they knew or liked, and there is no way that she or her team can guarantee that was not the case. If you run a giveaway you have to follow through with what you say you're going to do.

I ran a giveaway on a small hobby account that I used to run on instagram a year or two ago. I didn't have a lot of followers, but I did have over 400 entries and I took the time and energy to enter them all into a random generator to find the winner as that's what I said I was going to do. If I could manage to do that, then Molly and her whole team could have worked out a way to do it properly. This girl makes excuses for everything.

Reactions: 21
Ok someone please take Tommy’s phone away from him because the video of him threatening to knock out Jake Paul is just the absolute pit of social media for me. How does Molly not get the ick😂🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I get the impression that Tommy is more into being a celebrity boxer than a respected one. If he actually fights Jake Paul his credibility as a boxer will go down but he'll gain a lot instagram followers so I assume Molly is perfectly happy with this 'beef' between them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Ok someone please take Tommy’s phone away from him because the video of him threatening to knock out Jake Paul is just the absolute pit of social media for me. How does Molly not get the ick😂🤢
That video makes me howl
A5C1DBD2-2ED3-4566-8253-E8B3DF9A045C.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I’m not clued up on these things but I’m sure years ago when I used to watch beauty you tubers there is some way of using a program to randomly select from multiple entries so it’s fair.... would have thought they’d be able to do something in this day and age

Reactions: 12
I’m not clued up on these things but I’m sure years ago when I used to watch beauty you tubers there is some way of using a program to randomly select from multiple entries so it’s fair.... would have thought they’d be able to do something in this day and age
There is, you’re right. I think Molly even said she was aware of it, but didn’t want to use it as she’d have to provide her password.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I’m sorry but I really don’t understand the logic of her being called out for her giveaway?
The giveaway was a type of advert - advertising her tanning account to gain more followers. Here in the UK, we have rules for advertising that any company doing it has to follow so that consumers aren't ripped off or misled, so that people are treated fairly, and so companies aren't getting into fraudulent activity. The rules are actually really good if you read through them. Some countries don't have anything so companies can pretty much outright lie and scam people. I think it's great we have them and the public is protected from all kinds of dodgy things.

Molly Mae/her management company will be well aware of how advertising works, but chose not to follow any of the specific rules around giveaway adverts, which basically state that you have to enter everyone who entered into the prize draw - there are various online tools that can do this, even with millions of entries - and that you have to record all the steps you take in the process.

So the ASA (the agency that makes sure people follow the rules) looked into it and gave her a warning. They've looked into similar cases both against her and loads of other businesses over the years but influencers seem to be particular rule-breakers these days.

There is, you’re right. I think Molly even said she was aware of it, but didn’t want to use it as she’d have to provide her password.
This is correct. My friend runs a wallpaper/interior company and used a really good tool for her last giveaway. It automated the whole thing and she had about 750,000 entries.

Reactions: 24
Oh please. She spent £8k of her own money and gained a huge amount of followers.

She has the resources to do a giveaway on a website that holds the information and then draws it randomly. I enter contests on a sometimes and they use these entry forms that give you a lot of entries when you follow on Instagram - something crazy like 30 so everyone obviously goes and follows! (I admit I do too😄)

What she did was unfair,lazy, and it was a get followers quick scheme for her

Yeah, the ruling literally states: "We understood that computer software was available which could have made a random selection from the respondents to the post, but that Ms Hague had chosen not to use it."

All these people like "how was she meant to pick 2.5 million names out a hat!!" are missing the point entirely, because no one is saying she should've done that. She should've used the software widely available to conduct large scale giveaways like this, and there's literally no excuse not to. She can't play dumb and act surprised by the number of entrants - she has millions of followers, they surely knew there'd be hundreds of thousands of entrants at the very least.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don’t know why her management didn’t just set her up with multi factor authentication on her insta account so she could just use the software others use? Fran, pull your finger out and actually earn that G-Wagon 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

If I was MM I’d be annoyed I was getting this criticism and ASA warning when it was easily avoidable, just saying!

Reactions: 28
All these people like "how was she meant to pick 2.5 million names out a hat!!" are missing the point entirely, because no one is saying she should've done that. She should've used the software widely available to conduct large scale giveaways like this, and there's literally no excuse not to. She can't play dumb and act surprised by the number of entrants - she has millions of followers, they surely knew there'd be hundreds of thousands of entrants at the very least.
IKR. How do they think big giveaways work?! We have this thing called computer software in 2021; no one uses a hat for a proper prize draw. Imagine how big that hat would need to be, for starters 😂 Honestly, I'm amazed her followers are being so naive. I thought teenagers and early-20s these days were all well into technology and digital everything.

Been trying to educate the Molly arse lickers this morning and having no luck. Apparently saying she behaved fraudulently is wrong because no money was involved. No one ever said it was, if too many people entered that giveaway that selecting a random person was no longer possible, she should've closed the giveaway. Pretend not to understand all you like, if you enter a competition under the guise you have a chance to win then that's how it is. It's very simple if you apply a bit of common sense, you don't really need an understanding of the law. That's why companies like BooHoo and PLT have a system where they ask you to comment a certain emoji, so then they can keep track of it. There's no way to keep track of new followers as that account could already be gaining followers on the daily anyway, same with story shares, how do you keep track of that? You can't. The ASA aren't a group of bitter teenage girls upset they didn't win a giveaway, they are literally the authority over advertising, which is what the competition was, an advert for her tan just with bells and designer bags on it. The ruling is easily available to read, playing dumb is just embarrassing

Reactions: 27
Been trying to educate the Molly arse lickers this morning and having no luck. Apparently saying she behaved fraudulently is wrong because no money was involved. No one ever said it was, if too many people entered that giveaway that selecting a random person was no longer possible, she should've closed the giveaway. Pretend not to understand all you like, if you enter a competition under the guise you have a chance to win then that's how it is. It's very simple if you apply a bit of common sense, you don't really need an understanding of the law. That's why companies like BooHoo and PLT have a system where they ask you to comment a certain emoji, so then they can keep track of it. There's no way to keep track of new followers as that account could already be gaining followers on the daily anyway, same with story shares, how do you keep track of that? You can't. The ASA aren't a group of bitter teenage girls upset they didn't win a giveaway, they are literally the authority over advertising, which is what the competition was, an advert for her tan just with bells and designer bags on it. The ruling is easily available to read, playing dumb is just embarrassing
Fraud isn’t just about physical money 🤦‍♀️ They are so far up her ass, I don’t know how she sits down.

Reactions: 16

His facial expressions are screaming errrrm Tommy. Absolutely not. Let’s not even talk about it guys

• Haha
Reactions: 28
How does she manage to make such nice, expensive jewellery look so so tacky

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.