Molly-Mae Hague #6 Every little helps, pair of absolute melts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t mention this Chanel did she
“Busy day today” Molly Ja’Mae exclaims.
Yes it can feel busy when you start your day at 1pm and try to cram in everything that we’ve all been doing since 8am xx

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Screenshot from her IG Social Blade... interesting that when a “scandal” involving her happens she benefits from it and it improves her engagement. I feel like she’s the one influencer that can get away with literally anything and whatever she does gets swept right under the carpet.
Her 'bestie' Maura is very much the same, at least there I can kinda see why. Every time a scandal of hers hits the press it's usually accompanied with sexy shots of her in a bikini or in lingerie which serves as free advertising for her Instagram. Molly has a bit of that but her main thing for wriggling out of scandals is much more insidious.

Both of them but Molly more so has weaponised victimhood and concerns over mental health. Everytime a scandal involving her hits the press she makes it seem that everyone is picking on poor Molly and of course every one rallies around her. It's like a few people doubting her intentions on Love Island two years means she's to be protected from criticism at all costs even when breaking the law.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I just don’t want to be in anymore scandals guysss 😚✌🏻 Not like I don’t bring it on myselfff 😚✌🏻

Reactions: 16
I thought I’d waste some time and rate all of molly mae’s PLT collections (yes I am sad and super bored... bring on the 21st of June ffs!!)

First collection, August 2019: 8/10. Clearly thought about the weather. Actually reflected her style. Neutral tones (everyone likes neutral) could be worn by everyone.
second collection, October 2019... I think....? I can’t actually remember that one... I’ll skip that.
Third collection, December 2019, the winter/Christmas party edit: 7/10. Ehhhh quality not as good as the first collection. Again, more blazers. Same old same old.
Fourth collection, February time: 6/10 scoring quite high as she gave the profits to mental health charity. However, clothes are now starting to become complete and utter tat. Song the used for the advert was decent though.
Fifth edit, after lockdown, the one where she’s on a roof (don’t forgot guys, this was an EDIT! According to molly she didn’t “design” this collection): okay but wtf even was it???? Weird sheer tie dye dresses with plastic trousers. I don’t know why people bought this. You’d look like a ducking nutter wearing it out. 1/10
Sixth edit, September 2020 when she went to Italy on those white marble mountain things: 0/10. Considering it was going into winter “she” decided to make a collection filled with trousers paired with bikini tops. I mean this is England. Not Ibiza. Horrendous quality and awful colours
Seventh edit, her most recent one: 2/10. Clearly just selling the tit that PLT can’t shift alone so have to pretend molly designed it all herself.
I actually think she should look back at her style before she went on love island. That was deffo when she was at her peak.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’m sorry but I really don’t understand the logic of her being called out for her giveaway?
I guess it’s because out of a few million entries only 100 were given the chance to win. So therefore it was not fair ultimately and therefore some people complained. I suppose the logic is to stop it happening again. I didn’t care or would enter any anyway, it’s just a chance for influenzas to promote their account.

Reactions: 19
Just seen they’ve announced Love Island will come back this summer.. nearly time to pass the baton on Mol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m sorry but I really don’t understand the logic of her being called out for her giveaway?
Because people were led to believe by following the instructions they'd be entered into the draw and have a chance to win when that wasn't the case. There is also a discrepancy on just how the shortlist of names were chosen at first she said her management chose a 100 random names but she also that they only picked 20 names. So the ASA say there's insufficient evidence the giveaway was handled fairly.

The counter argument is that out of millions Molly couldn't possibly handle picking a winner. People have bizarrely tried to say it's racism as the winner is black. To be honest it does seem most of the public are on her side the only people calling her out are the Advertising Standards Agency for not following the law.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Because people were led to believe by following the instructions they'd be entered into the draw and have a chance to win when that wasn't the case. There is also a discrepancy on just how the shortlist of names were chosen at first she said her management chose a 100 random names but she also that they only picked 20 names. So the ASA say there's insufficient evidence the giveaway was handled fairly.

The counter argument is that out of millions Molly couldn't possibly handle picking a winner. People have bizarrely tried to say it's racism as the winner is black. To be honest it does seem most of the public are on her side the only people calling her out are the Advertising Standards Agency for not following the law.
Fair enough. Mollys fault for being so transparent about the whole process I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
“Busy day today” Molly Ja’Mae exclaims.
Yes it can feel busy when you start your day at 1pm and try to cram in everything that we’ve all been doing since 8am xx
Molly Ja’mae is the best thing ever hahahha

I thought I’d waste some time and rate all of molly mae’s PLT collections (yes I am sad and super bored... bring on the 21st of June ffs!!)

First collection, August 2019: 8/10. Clearly thought about the weather. Actually reflected her style. Neutral tones (everyone likes neutral) could be worn by everyone.
second collection, October 2019... I think....? I can’t actually remember that one... I’ll skip that.
Third collection, December 2019, the winter/Christmas party edit: 7/10. Ehhhh quality not as good as the first collection. Again, more blazers. Same old same old.
Fourth collection, February time: 6/10 scoring quite high as she gave the profits to mental health charity. However, clothes are now starting to become complete and utter tat. Song the used for the advert was decent though.
Fifth edit, after lockdown, the one where she’s on a roof (don’t forgot guys, this was an EDIT! According to molly she didn’t “design” this collection): okay but wtf even was it???? Weird sheer tie dye dresses with plastic trousers. I don’t know why people bought this. You’d look like a ducking nutter wearing it out. 1/10
Sixth edit, September 2020 when she went to Italy on those white marble mountain things: 0/10. Considering it was going into winter “she” decided to make a collection filled with trousers paired with bikini tops. I mean this is England. Not Ibiza. Horrendous quality and awful colours
Seventh edit, her most recent one: 2/10. Clearly just selling the tit that PLT can’t shift alone so have to pretend molly designed it all herself.
I actually think she should look back at her style before she went on love island. That was deffo when she was at her peak.
Absolutely love this. Thanks for applying a critical analysis to her collections - given she’s supposed to be a fashion influencer I totally agree about her recent style. Her looks used to have something more about them, and were a lot more glamorous.

Her and Tommy’s relationship makes me cringe so hard. I think it’s because everything about her is soooo materialistic, she talks about Tommy like another accessory. And he’s too thick to notice 😅

I guess it’s because out of a few million entries only 100 were given the chance to win. So therefore it was not fair ultimately and therefore some people complained. I suppose the logic is to stop it happening again. I didn’t care or would enter any anyway, it’s just a chance for influenzas to promote their account.
Hopefully it’ll help people see these giveaways for the scams they are ;(

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Not even for all the money she has... I still wouldn’t swap my life for hers. I would genuinely be such a nervous wreck if people were making these comments about me.
I love how there’s a petition to close down tattle but we are literally pussycats compared to daily mail comments. Even anonymously there is no way I’d have the guts to make comments like these.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
The people who are trying to say that it’s racism because the winner was a POC- surely they are creating a problem here for even thinking that people could possibly be complaining because of that reason? Seems like they’re the racist ones sorry.
People have complained because the process was not done fairly, it’s as simple as that.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Just seen they’ve announced Love Island will come back this summer.. nearly time to pass the baton on Mol 😂
Wooo. Hope the cast of the season are actually interesting compared to whoever the hell won winter love island

People seem to think the Molly-Mae empire is just her working from her flat while Tommy is asleep or goes out for a run. She has an entire team behind her it may have taken a while but they could have sifted through all names. Even if you think it was all a too much for them a shortlist of a 100 seems a too low a pool for a draw that had millions participate and if it was actually 20 that's much worse. Considering how much she benefitted from the giveaway I would have expected more effort from her team. The attempt to make this into a racial issue is baffling. I imagine some people are doing it deliberately to deflect from the real issue; Don't criticise Molly or you're...a racist.

Still I imagine most people who took part knew there was practicaly zero chance they'd win and just had a punt and among her law breaking I'd say this way lower than her using "work" to get around Covid lockdown rules to on multiple holidays.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
People seem to think the Molly-Mae empire is just her working from her flat while Tommy is asleep or goes out for a run. She has an entire team behind her it may have taken a while but they could have sifted through all names. Even if you think it was all a too much a shortlist of a 100 seems a bit too low a pool for a draw that had millions participate and it was actually 20 that's much worse. Considering how much she benefitted from the giveaway I would have expected more effort from her team. The attempt to make this into a racial issue is baffling. I imagine some people are doing it deliberately to deflect from the real issue; Don't criticise Molly or you're...a racist.

Still I imagine most people who took part knew there was practicaly zero chance they'd win and just had a punt and among her law breaking I'd say this way lower than her using "work" to get around Covid lockdown rules to on multiple holidays.
Exactly. You’d think that they would’ve thought it all through before they did a giveaway. She claims she didn’t realise how many people would enter. Well OBVIOUSLY it would be more than 100 🙄

Reactions: 15
People seem to think the Molly-Mae empire is just her working from her flat while Tommy is asleep or goes out for a run. She has an entire team behind her it may have taken a while but they could have sifted through all names. Even if you think it was all a too much for them a shortlist of a 100 seems a too low a pool for a draw that had millions participate and if it was actually 20 that's much worse. Considering how much she benefitted from the giveaway I would have expected more effort from her team. The attempt to make this into a racial issue is baffling. I imagine some people are doing it deliberately to deflect from the real issue; Don't criticise Molly or you're...a racist.

What was illegal about it? Perhaps she could’ve selected the winner in a different way but even to be on the 20 person shortlist you still had to have your name entered. It’s not like she shortlisted 20 randomers, they all came from those who entered.

I also think to suggest they shouldve gone through all 2 million entrants individually is not realistic.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What was illegal about it? Perhaps she could’ve selected the winner in a different way but even to be on the 20 person shortlist you still had to have your name entered. It’s not like she shortlisted 20 randomers, they all came from those who entered.

I also think to suggest they shouldve gone through all 2 million entrants individually is not realistic.
I don't know what to tell you, the ASA are literally the body who uphold advertising laws and they came to the conclusion that it was illegal. I'd imagine they understand the law surrounding giveaways better than anyone. Maybe read the ruling if you don't understand and take it up with them if you still have an issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't know what to tell you, the ASA are literally the body who uphold advertising laws and they came to the conclusion that it was illegal. I'd imagine they understand the law surrounding giveaways better than anyone. Maybe read the ruling if you don't understand and take it up with them if you still have an issue.
I think the thing people are forgetting is that the ASA have literally said themselves that it’s not right. Yeah we reported it, but clearly we were in the right here

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.