Molly-Mae Hague #5 It’s a hard-knock life for Money Mae

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really, really, really don't understand this influencer culture of OTT displays of "love" on birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's etc.

Me and my husband have been sat under a blanket watching Netflix, eating crisps, in our pyjamas and we're about to order a Domino's. It's like every other Sunday night and it might not be social media worthy, but it's real and it's so important young people who blindly follow these influencers understand that what they portray isn't real life.

Fake, fake, fake. I'm sure they love each other. Why isn't that enough for them?

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Omg I’m heaving 😂 Tommy the man child is too lazy to even plan and set up his own girlfriends Valentines surprise, having someone come and set that up IN A LOCKDOWN which is not ESSENTIAL. I feel sorry for anyone that has to view that shambles that has not been able to see their friends and family

Reactions: 45
Are we honestly supposed to believe that Tommy planned all that???
Molly was for sure in the apartment while a company came into set all that up. She 100 percent knew what was happening.
Lets be real she probably planned it. She always has to go big/extra to try and out do or outshine everyone else. I feel like all these OTT things she does are her ideas and hints to Tommy so he goes ahead and does them...

Reactions: 27
Lets be real she probably planned it. She always has to go big/extra to try and out do or outshine everyone else. I feel like all these OTT things she does are her ideas and hints to Tommy so he goes ahead and does them...
She 100% planned it, organised it with companies ect. How sad that everything she does is for Instagram and is pretending to be surprised. I can’t stop laughing at it 🤣 Tommy will be sat on the couch asleep not having a clue what’s going on

990ABD86-C32E-4DA9-BA32-130E0F1958CA.jpeg
Are? They? Delluded?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Also that big box of food is gifted I've seen other celebs post it too. Its always so OTT, not just them but alot of these 'celebs'. I'd much rather a day like mine, roast dinner, watching football and films, opening cards and tesco pressies 😂

Reactions: 21
I really, really, really don't understand this influencer culture of OTT displays of "love" on birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's etc.

Me and my husband have been sat under a blanket watching Netflix, eating crisps, in our pyjamas and we're about to order a Domino's. It's like every other Sunday night and it might not be social media worthy, but it's real and it's so important young people who blindly follow these influencers understand that what they portray isn't real life.

Fake, fake, fake. I'm sure they love each other. Why isn't that enough for them?
Sounds like a nice way to spend your Sunday, V-day or not.
I really can't stand all the gushy lovey show of emotions on valentines day. Like you say, it's all fake.

Reactions: 18
Also that big box of food is gifted I've seen other celebs post it too. Its always so OTT, not just them but alot of these 'celebs'. I'd much rather a day like mine, roast dinner, watching football and films, opening cards and tesco pressies 😂
It’s the reheated #healthygainz she pretends to eat throughout the week but then all of that processed crap? Make it make sense

• Haha
Reactions: 20
We never celebrate valentines, I honestly don't really get it. We do sometimes use it as an excuse to order a takeout and watch a cheesy movie but that's about it.
I don't understand the whole show stuff for Instagram, like who really cares. And they always say that the couples who have to flaunt it like this aren't really happy deep down.

Reactions: 19
Oh come on they’re not really expecting people to believe Tommy did all that? Her management obviously set it up with the company (hence including the @ on the sign) and they definitely broke lockdown and allowed the people to come in and set it up.

Looks like that they do everyday anyway just with added signs:rolleyes:

Reactions: 20
What a waste of food. Tommy said on his stories he can’t even eat it, hmm defo planned it yourself organising food you can’t touch...

Reactions: 15
It's only valentines day. Why the hell would anyone spend that sort of money on a made up occasion?
to show everyone their love is the best and that they’re soOoOooo in love, more than any other couple in the world 🥴😂

Reactions: 12
FAAA991E-3AD4-4E51-B9E3-BA7D7EE91125.png
This has set my OCD off. ✨ So special ✨ but she couldn’t even pay someone to engrave it properly! Why is the & not centred 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Half that food will be chucked. Tommy won't eat it as he's 'training' and Molly is trying to be good apparently.
All for show.

Reactions: 10
The guy who owns PLT also has a set-up from the same company. So spontaneous and romantic. 🥴

Reactions: 21
The guy who owns PLT also has a set-up from the same company. So spontaneous and romantic. 🥴
This is why I find these ostentatious displays so meh. It's not tailored to the person you love - it's just 'stuff'. I feel like when you're that rich, getting Cartier rings and paying for a company to do an all-inclusive Valentine's day exhibit in your home isn't actually that heartwarming - it's a lot of money, but when you already have a lot of money, what effort have you really gone to? If that makes sense. Like in my mind if he'd put together an album or scrapbook of pictures of them together that would've required more effort than these dramatic displays. More money =/= more effort.

I mean who knows. Maybe both of their love languages are 100% receiving gifts and this is how they feel valued in a relationship. But I can't help but feel that this kind of dynamic creates an increasingly unhealthy pressure year on year to gift something that's even more extravagant, more expensive and more Instagram-worthy.

Reactions: 40
It certainly sets up false expectations of what most girls will expect on Valentine’s Day!

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.