Molly-Mae Hague #36 Mumsnet for cats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s nothing wrong with getting a baby into a routine, even at 10 weeks. You’ll find a baby that is in a regular sleep and feeding routine, thrives. There’s so much emphasis these days on ‘feed on demand’ - it’s got young mums up and down the country living like hermits and never leaving the house because their baby wants to feed every hour.
The trick is getting a balance - and the way to get a baby into a routine is to gradually move feeds and ensure they are full up with a dream feed late on so they don’t wake hungry during the night. Obviously that’s not to say you don’t feed them if they do wake! But it’s been the way for years and years to try to get into a routine as soon as…
This is assuming milk is for nutrition only. It’s so much more. Comfort, pain-relief, back to sleep soother etc. Not to mention regular night wakening are protective against SIDS. Night wakings are not just for hunger/thirst. They’re defenceless little people & need to feel safe and secure. If a baby doesn’t wake and need their parent, great, but realistically most at this young age do

Emphasis is feed on demand so baby can build up your milk supply. Unrestricted access to breasts means plentiful of milk & hormone that makes breastmilk is 10 times higher at night so it’s evolutionary that babies need regular night feedings, at least when they’re young anyway…

I agree a routine can help some mums regain some control in their lives, but for others it can be too stressful if baby doesn’t conform & they’re better off just following their baby’s lead. I agree about being a hermit when establishing breastfeeding! It’s very intense & exhausting. The fact we don’t acknowledge this & talk openly makes people feel more isolating/lonely, support systems aren’t put into place & might lead to people not feeding for as long as they’d like to

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
My bottle fed bunter of a boy slept through the night at 3 weeks but he would have drank a 9oz bottle every hour during the day if given . He ate all day n loved his sleep he’s 25 n still the same . My breastfed daughter would fed all night cos she needed it . My baby who we found out was severely allergic to milk n almost everything you could think of drank 2oz x3 per day n slept 12 hours at night —— until we found a milk at 10 weeks that didn’t make her Ill n if she didn’t get 6oz every 3 hours day and night I think she’d have made the bottle herself . All babies are different and if they sleep through they’re obviously getting enough through the day but if they’re walking up looking for a feed during the night it’s cos they need it . Poor baby is crying cos she’s hungry n not getting at she needs .

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is assuming milk is for nutrition only. It’s so much more. Comfort, pain-relief, back to sleep soother etc. Not to mention regular night wakening are protective against SIDS. Night wakings are not just for hunger/thirst. They’re defenceless little people & need to feel safe and secure. If a baby doesn’t wake and need their parent, great, but realistically most at this young age do.

Emphasis is feed on demand so baby can build up your milk supply. Unrestricted access to breasts means plentiful of milk & hormone that makes breastmilk is 10 times higher at night so it’s evolutionary that babies need regular night feedings, at least when they’re young anyway…

I agree a routine can help some mums regain some control in their lives, but for others it can be too stressful if baby doesn’t conform & they’re better off just following their baby’s lead. I agree about being a hermit when establishing breastfeeding! It’s very intense & exhausting. The fact we don’t acknowledge this & talk openly makes people feel more isolating/lonely, support systems aren’t put into place & might lead to people not feeding for as long as they’d like to
MM simply couldn’t be bothered to invest the time and effort l it takes to properly establish the routine. She has more important things to be doing with her 24 hours, like going to Alton Towers, posing for numerous mirror selfies, editing her Instagram posts, hanging around in town, consuming junk food and worrying about what her boyfriend’s up to - basically behaving like a 14 year old.

Reactions: 22
I was so shocked about the sleeping and feeding and car seat and changing table situation I barley had time to digest the national park situation yesterday. If I’d driven there not realising you had to pay to park and use it I’d have been too embarrassed to do what they did and say no and leave then use it anyway and I would have still paid the £17 and I haven’t recently had a multi million pound pay cheque!

I hope she releases some sort of statement regarding all the issues in yesterdays video! I’m surprised it’s still up tbh.
I'd be too embarrassed to go out in public with someone like Tommy, full stop. Let alone the action man hair, the tacky clothes, the complete disregard for any other human.
---
Just watching yesterdays vlog and I can’t believe she’s essentially training her to not eat at night. At 10 weeks old the poor little thing 😥😥😓
I knew my two were ready to drop their night feeds... Because they stopped waking up hungry at night! It's not something you need to train is it? I mean, unless they're a large child waking and asking for a bottle!

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Same here, my baby was relatively young when she stopped feeding through the night (only comparing to friends who had similar ages babies etc) . I think mine was 3-4 months but I never once tried to train her to stop,one night she just didn’t waken up through the night for a feed, I was checking on her constantly the first few times wondering when she would wake and obviously checking she was breathing! The thing that doesn’t sit right with me is that bambi IS waking up through the night for a feed which is perfectly normal for a 2-3 month old baby but Molly is putting information out there saying they should be dropping the night feeds at this age which may make her followers refuse to feed a baby of that age and that is going to hinder the babies development as well as many other issues. I really think she needs to address and clear up a lot of things she said in that blog before it’s too late and the damage is done.

if you have a baby, your sleep, social life and work life take a back seat for a bit and if you can’t accept that, a baby probably isn’t for you Molly.

• Heart
Actually according to my great grandma when she was still alive her friends, neighbours, doctors etc all advised she feed at 11 then not again until 6am, to keep a tight schedule. It was brought up when I was pregnant because she asked if I would be doing it the same way.
I was told by some of my more "traditional" family that the best thing for a crying baby is to put them in their pram at the bottom of the garden and ignore them. Apparently that's how I was "taught" when I was Bambi's age. I believe we now call that child abuse, right?

What I just don't understand is if you want the baby but not the responsibility, why not employ a bloody nanny and night nanny! You've got literally millions of pounds just sitting there multiplying. I strongly believe these important developmental phases are what create happy, healthy children later on. Skimping on the brain growth now = trouble later done the line. I bet if Bambi was a boy Tommy wouldn't be letting him go hungry.

Reactions: 28
Do you think she was lying at the start of the vlog when she said Tommy's watching Bambi? Was it actually Zoe? It all had an I'm not struggling any more let's get back to normal feel. Back in the office and planning at least three far flung trips.

Reactions: 8
This is the key thing here though isn't it.....if baby is sleeping through the night fair enough but she said Bambi is waking up for her feed but she's not giving her any!

Reactions: 14
It’s going to get a lot worse than this. The kid is only a few weeks old - there are infinite opportunities to come for nit picking her parenting skills and sharing anecdotes. Just wait until the tit hits the fan when it’s weaned onto solids 🙈 🤣
Probably be straight onto protein shakes.💪

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Do you think she was lying at the start of the vlog when she said Tommy's watching Bambi? Was it actually Zoe? It all had an I'm not struggling any more let's get back to normal feel. Back in the office and planning at least three far flung trips.
Zoe is 100% looking after it as her main job I feel.
Dimbo Himbo definitely won’t be capable unless a grown up is on hand to help him.

Reactions: 8
I dont really follow this girl. But i had to come nosey after the feeding comments. Just feed your baby if she wakes in the night. Shes a baby!!

Also Molly, pramsuits/coats aren't worn in the car for safety of the straps. Not just over heating. Educate yourself whilst feeding your baby.

Also dont care if your breast feed or bottle feed.

As for the £17 stuff I cannot even comment!

Little miss don’t wanna spend £17 to walk through Dunham Massey but I’ll buy my baby a fendi baby grow that she’ll probably wear once or twice for £570🤯 brain dead materialistic moron
Um I feel like we kinda skipped past the fact that Molly spent a whopping FIVE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY POUNDS on one singular baby grow that’ll last maybe a month tops before the baby grows out of it!! It’s sickening stuff man.

Apologies if I offend any major brand wh*res on here but I will personally never understand paying extortionate amounts just to have something with a brand logo/name on it. Some may argue that you’re paying for the quality but when it comes to clothing, it’s not exactly made of gold or 100% silk is it!! It’s cotton, polyester etc just like most other clothing is made of.

I get putting that money toward a handbag investment or something that you’ll cherish and use for years and years but you see these influencers splurging thousands on a brand/logo whilst it’s a quick passing trend, show it off a few times on the gram and then it’s never to be worn again. It kinda baffles me how unoriginal so many people can be it’s like their sheep always following the crowd and not developing any individuality or original sense of personal taste.

Even if you take a look at mollymaes mansion, the whole interior and belongings inside of it has been totally curated by somebody else so that it looks like some sort of show room void of ANY personal touches. It’s all overly expensive, trending designer items, literally down to the books she has on her shelves and the blankets on her sofa. I find it so sad and shallow. 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Um I feel like we kinda skipped past the fact that Molly spent a whopping FIVE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY POUNDS on one singular baby grow that’ll last maybe a month tops before the baby grows out of it!! It’s sickening stuff man.

Apologies if I offend any major brand wh*res on here but I will personally never understand paying extortionate amounts just to have something with a brand logo/name on it. Some may argue that you’re paying for the quality but when it comes to clothing, it’s not exactly made of gold or 100% silk is it!! It’s cotton, polyester etc just like most other clothing is made of.

I get putting that money toward a handbag investment or something that you’ll cherish and use for years and years but you see these influencers splurging thousands on a brand/logo whilst it’s a quick passing trend, show it off a few times on the gram and then it’s never to be worn again. It kinda baffles me how unoriginal so many people can be it’s like their sheep always following the crowd and not developing any individuality or original sense of personal taste.

Even if you take a look at mollymaes mansion, the whole interior and belongings inside of it has been totally curated by somebody else so that it looks like some sort of show room void of ANY personal touches. It’s all overly expensive, trending designer items, literally down to the books she has on her shelves and the blankets on her sofa. I find it so sad and shallow. 🙁
i definitely think molly is very stingy when it comes to spending money on things that aren’t materialistic, like her refusing to pay £17 for the park, it’s not something she can ‘show off’ on instagram so she doesn’t want to spend her money on it, so things like her paying for a night nurse etc. for the baby she’d probably look at the prices and think they’re too high for her to spend her precious millions on😒

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.