Molly-Mae Hague #36 Mumsnet for cats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm struggling to comprehend the selfishness of putting sleep before a child's basic needs. I know they're immature but I myself had my first at 19, had no clue about babies but what I did have was instinct, the instinct to protect and tend to my baby's needs. If that meant waking every 2-3 hours to feed, then that's what you do. Why do adults think they can dictate when a child is hungry?
They are clearly going to start ignoring her for that night feed, to try and condition her to not bother crying. I can imagine the conversation between her and Timmy, it would no doubt involve some kind of fitness and nutrition expertise from Tim. 'She doesn't need it, she gets enough during the day, she gets her quota without that one night feed'
Which completely misses the point of feed on demand.
Jeeez I thought Carys was bad. Seems she has competition in the selfish Mother stakes.
Molly needs to manage her schedule better, we all have the same 24 hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I don’t comment normally, but I had to:
A baby is born with a marble sized stomach, yes it grows a little bigger but not exponentially at first so if it is waking for milk-give it milk.
I don’t know where she got her information from, the 1940’s perhaps?
Babies should drop a feed by 10 weeks
If your period comes back you have to stop breastfeeding(also I know she said her milk was starting to dry up but your body relies on feeding at night for quite a while so if she was refusing to feed at night that would dry her milk up anyway)
Wrapping a baby up like that to sleep is also not safe at all.
She isn’t stupid, she’s got a decent job, I’m not saying she’s the most intelligent person ever but she could educate herself on these things, they definitely have the money. The baby was cluster feeding. It’s so easy to find out what cluster feeding is. Scamming the national trust out of their money is so crappy as well. Molly can charge what she likes for a dress made in a sweat shop that will fall to pieces as soon as you wear it(while let’s face it wearing very little of the products your company puts out, instead spending hundreds on clothes), but they won’t pay to park in a place when they’re loaded, a place that helps look after the grounds of so many amazing houses, big beautiful grounds, so much history for the uk. Also how do they think people that work there are paid? The people who are making teas and coffees, the people cleaning up etc.
And one final thought(I had more but I’ve forgot now 😅) it’s such a shame to see her photoshopping everything, she doesn’t look like her photos in real life and she has a platform to be a bit positive about it and say ‘oh yeh, I’ve gone up a size or 2 in clothes, my stomach isn’t as tight as it was and I have some stretch marks but I got my child here safe and we’re both doing well so that’s all that matters’ but instead she photoshops the life out of everything. How she thinks people won’t notice compared to her YouTube videos where her face is more that of an egg I don’t know.
I don't think they deprived babies of night feeds in the 1940s.

Reactions: 9
If you want your 8 hours sleep a night DONT HAVE A BABY!. TBH there is no excuse, if she can not be bothered to do night feeds she could get a night nanny in and then her selfish self could go to sleep and the poor baby could have her milk!

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Just seems odd and immature tbh, I don’t know any other parents who would do that when their baby was so young. It’s also pretty far away from where they live so it’s a long time to be away from such a young baby. Most parents would have some time alone a bit closer to home so if they needed to get back for the baby they could quickly.

I didn’t realise she’d stopped breast feeding either when I posted this, can’t imagine anything worse than going on rides with boobs full of milk 🤣🤣
Agreed! My baby will be about ten weeks the day of my best friends wedding and it’s quite far from home and I can’t even fathom going. Like you say, somewhere close to home for a couple hours maybe, but I don’t think it’s normal to go that far for that length of time.

Reactions: 16
She’s obviously aiming for the ‘you can have a baby and life still goes on as normal’ narrative now the novelty of being mummy has worn off and the Fiat 500s will lap it up #couplegoals
Urghhh find a less engaged father than Timmy I dare you

Reactions: 21
Wtf why is she influencing people to starve their babies at 10 weeks old 😐 this girl, she just gets worse and worse.
I know when your a first time Mom you learn along the way, but why does is seem like she’s purposefully doing EVERYTHING against guidelines and broadcasting it to the world with such confidence

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Urgh, breastfeeding is HARD. I wish she used her platform to acknowledge how intense it is. Yes some people have low milk supply but this is a tiny minority. It’s easier to hide behind a medical reason to stop than own it and say, it was too much, so I switched to formula etc. It’s okay that it’s too much, no judgement for those that make this call. It can be the most physically & emotionally intense thing at first! But annoys me how she hides behind “low milk supply” reason instead taking this opportunity to acknowledge the intensity of motherhood. Maybe then we’d had less disillusioned people who think having a baby is a walk in the park…

With her wealth if she genuinely had milk supply issues she’d hire a lactation consultant, buy a pump, find the root cause and address it, that’s if she wanted to continue breastfeeding of course. But it’s more convenient for her to switch instead. Again, this is okay, but be honest & acknowledge it!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Actually according to my great grandma when she was still alive her friends, neighbours, doctors etc all advised she feed at 11 then not again until 6am, to keep a tight schedule. It was brought up when I was pregnant because she asked if I would be doing it the same way.

I don't think they deprived babies of night feeds in the 1940s.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Actually according to my great grandma when she was still alive her friends, neighbours, doctors etc all advised she feed at 11 then not again until 6am, to keep a tight schedule. It was brought up when I was pregnant because she asked if I would be doing it the same way.
Well I'm amazed the human race has survived then
---
I wonder if her reason for stopping is for filler etc..
I wondered if it was so she can go on a diet for Fran's wedding. Your not supposed to diet when you're breast feeding right?

Reactions: 5
There’s nothing wrong with getting a baby into a routine, even at 10 weeks. You’ll find a baby that is in a regular sleep and feeding routine, thrives. There’s so much emphasis these days on ‘feed on demand’ - it’s got young mums up and down the country living like hermits and never leaving the house because their baby wants to feed every hour.
The trick is getting a balance - and the way to get a baby into a routine is to gradually move feeds and ensure they are full up with a dream feed late on so they don’t wake hungry during the night. Obviously that’s not to say you don’t feed them if they do wake! But it’s been the way for years and years to try to get into a routine as soon as…

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
There’s nothing wrong with getting a baby into a routine, even at 10 weeks. You’ll find a baby that is in a regular sleep and feeding routine, thrives. There’s so much emphasis these days on ‘feed on demand’ - it’s got young mums up and down the country living like hermits and never leaving the house because their baby wants to feed every hour.
The trick is getting a balance - and the way to get a baby into a routine is to gradually move feeds and ensure they are full up with a dream feed late on so they don’t wake hungry during the night. Obviously that’s not to say you don’t feed them if they do wake! But it’s been the way for years and years to try to get into a routine as soon as…
Well yeah but the issue here is that Molly has said Bambi is waking up all night crying and she’s saying “no you’re not getting milk” to a 10 week old newborn baby! If she wasn’t waking up hungry then fair enough, but she’s publicly stated that she is hungry and she’s crying out for food. She’d get more sleep if she just fed the baby.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Well I'm amazed the human race has survived then
---

I wondered if it was so she can go on a diet for Fran's wedding. Your not supposed to diet when you're breast feeding right?
For sure it’ll be down to her wanting to diet, get more plastic pumped into her face or to fix her teeth. She has a really toxic relationship with her body and how she looks and she thinks if she loses weight she’ll “be herself” again. To her being bigger will be the end of the world because she has this idea in her head that if she’s slim she’s better than everyone else

Reactions: 17
I was the slimmest I’ve been in years when I was breast feeding - she’s missing a trick, it’s a great way to loose the baby weight although it is intense!

Reactions: 17
I was the slimmest I’ve been in years when I was breast feeding - she’s missing a trick, it’s a great way to loose the baby weight although it is intense!
Not for everyone. I never lost weight while feeding. Only after I stopped.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know much about breastfeeding, I didn’t do it for long myself snd that was donkeys years ago but I was always led to believe the more you feed the baby the better your milk supply will be? If you pump, it’s just not the same as a baby feeding. It takes time and effort to establish and she clearly can’t be bothered with that. It’s no surprise her milk supply disappeared as she says.

She should have just told the truth and said: “I tried breastfeeding for a bit so I could say I did it but I couldn’t be arsed with it to be honest because it was way too much of a time consuming faff for my liking. Bottle feeding is easier and I want to go back to my normal life as soon as I can and it’s so much easier because it means Zoe can just do it all and make up the feeds, sterilise the bottles etc leaving Tommy and I free to get on with more important things. We really only need to be seen with the baby for photo opportunities anyway” 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.