Molly-Mae Hague #36 Mumsnet for cats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s been said but she really doesn’t have a maternal bone in her body does she. I imagine her being cold as Bambi grows up
I wonder about this.. it’s clear that her own mother wasn’t very warm and maternal toward her and Zoe growing up. Even throughout her teen years and from what we have seen from Mollys content, they seem to have a bit of a weird/detached relationship and Molly has said that they always say really nasty things to each-other as a form of their banter. She has also said that her mum sends her daily mail articles and unflattering pics of herself even when she tells her not to because it upsets her and she doesn’t want to see it.

I think because of that lack of warmth, Molly could either repeat her own mothers behaviour or she will be completely different and strive to be everything her mother wasn’t. I actually think (and hope) that she will do the latter!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Do we think Molly’s mum has/had a drinking problem and that’s why they aren’t close? I remember her sharing that post about having an alcoholic parent and I always thought she was talking about her mum 🤔 It would explain why she doesn’t drink as well and doesn’t like environments that are surrounded by alcohol

Reactions: 25
So molly stopped breast feeding due to low supply 🤨
Not judging I didn’t breastfeed as it was too physically demanding but at least just tell the truth
More like she wanted her old life back and bf us too restrictive sometimes and demanding. Fair enough but making up low supply. You start getting low supply by feeding less and she seemed to pump exclusively which wouldn’t help build supply either. Feed however but just don’t lie. Yet another influencer who’s a bf expert for 6 weeks and then boom never mentioned again!

Reactions: 13
Do we think Molly’s mum has/had a drinking problem and that’s why they aren’t close? I remember her sharing that post about having an alcoholic parent and I always thought she was talking about her mum 🤔 It would explain why she doesn’t drink as well and doesn’t like environments that are surrounded by alcohol
Never thought about this, could be right! I know it’s a lot more common than you think in her mums line of work…

Reactions: 10
I think the issue is really what it’s like for the baby - and I’m afraid it’s unlikely to be ok with her. She’s only 11 weeks old and her parent’s choices have already given her a pretty unsettled beginning. It’s like they really haven’t adapted to a baby and her needs at all, but just continuing their lives as before. It would be easy enough to take her along - MM’s bored without all the constant attention she gets from her work team and wants off from the constant needs and work of a newborn.

In addition - my goodness. It really shows how calculating and cynical MM’s team are. This trip was booked months ago - all that tosh just a week ago about having to ‘abandon’ breastfeeding. This was all planned out - she just doesn’t have the balls to say it as it is - “I’m going to breastfeed for 8 weeks and then go onto a strict routine with bottles so I can return to work asap, abroad and alone”.

they have very strange priorities as a family.
I think the first flush of motherhood has worn off, no way is Tommy doing serious childcare and she's off earning the money. Beige mansions g-wagons, holidays to Dubai and the Maldives don't come free.
I actually hope they get a couple of nannies that stay with them for a few years to look after the baby so at least she has that stability. Someone that's chosen childcare as a profession is likely to at least be interested in babies! I'm sure Zoe is helping out a lot as well. Wasn't it mentioned in the Christmas vlog that Molly's mum is a carer for her mum (Molly's nan), she must have some caring instincts although she doesn't seem that maternal.

Reactions: 8
I wonder about this.. it’s clear that her own mother wasn’t very warm and maternal toward her and Zoe growing up. Even throughout her teen years and from what we have seen from Mollys content, they seem to have a bit of a weird/detached relationship and Molly has said that they always say really nasty things to each-other as a form of their banter. She has also said that her mum sends her daily mail articles and unflattering pics of herself even when she tells her not to because it upsets her and she doesn’t want to see it.

I think because of that lack of warmth, Molly could either repeat her own mothers behaviour or she will be completely different and strive to be everything her mother wasn’t. I actually think (and hope) that she will do the latter!
I’d like to hope so too but her being so unbothered leaving Bambi for a ‘work’ trip to south France and not seeming to understand that babies need feeding during the night leads me to think she won’t be anything amazing. When my baby cries at night I couldn’t just keep putting a dummy back in her mouth, and I’d only leave for a work trip if I had no other choice, which Molly does. There’s nothing wrong with working after a baby of course but is it really necessary? Bambi is still so tiny

Reactions: 13
MM and her manager will both be aware that Love Island ‘stars’ are 10 a penny and have a limited shelf life. I think MM is absolutely desperate to stay relevant which is why she needs to be seen to be working again. I reckon her stock will drop dramatically in the next year or so, if not sooner. She’s had her moment in the spotlight. Young girls are very fickle and move on quickly to the next thing.

If truth be told, I expect her manager will have anticipated all this and will be wracking her brain about how best to refresh and rebrand her.

Reactions: 22
It just makes no sense to me. Being able to stay home with your baby for the first year is such a luxury these days that many many people cannot afford. Molly and Tommy absolutely can. Why are they so determined to prove how work driven they are on social media when they have just been given one of the most amazing gifts in life and can absolutely afford to be with her all the time. I understand having a day at work or a few at work week if she needs it but one of her parents should be with her. Not anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
What does Zoe know about babies? not being funny but I wouldn't leave my baby with someone with no experience. But then again I wouldn't deprive my 10 week old of a night feed!

Reactions: 29
It just makes no sense to me. Being able to stay home with your baby for the first year is such a luxury these days that many many people cannot afford. Molly and Tommy absolutely can. Why are they so determined to prove how work driven they are on social media when they have just been given one of the most amazing gifts in life and can absolutely afford to be with her all the time. I understand having a day at work or a few at work week if she needs it but one of her parents should be with her. Not anyone else.

I suspect they have completely over extended themselves financially - they have burnt through money and continue to do so. Spending and acquiring more and more expensive things is about all that MM does. Fran is also dependent on her for her living, as are many others in her team, and will be encouraging/putting pressure on her to keep pulling money in. Fran can always find new clients of course, but for now MM really is the golden goose.

Reactions: 17
No way is this her on Frans story? I really hope there’s some law around photoshopping in the UK soon
That’s Hollie, her make-up artist. The level of editing and Photoshop we’re gonna see in the next few days is gonna be INSANE

Reactions: 12
So molly stopped breast feeding due to low supply 🤨
Not judging I didn’t breastfeed as it was too physically demanding but at least just tell the truth
And she had a low supply because she wasn’t doing it properly, ignorant of cluster feeding and delaying/avoiding night feeds and giving formula.
---
What does Zoe know about babies? not being funny but I wouldn't leave my baby with someone with no experience. But then again I wouldn't deprive my 10 week old of a night feed!
It’s sad isn’t it. Zoe properly spends more time with Bambi than Tommy but babies know who their mother is and she won’t be there

Reactions: 6
I think it's hard enough being away from such a young baby if you're even just down the road. Can't imagine being in another country altogether. Especially not when there's choices. Stacey Dooley always has her baby with her at work, even if she takes someone such as Dad, to take care of her whilst filming etc. More the norm I reckon.

Reactions: 14
It’s the way she doesn’t even seem sad about it. I remember one new years I went out, when my daughter was about 5 months- I ended up crying because I missed her so much.
She’s just there, posting snaps of France like she’s never been better.
I think she’s struggling being a mum, I don’t think she’s enjoying it, and she’s definitely mourning her past life.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She’ll have to post content like that as brands won’t want to work with her if she’s on a job posting she’s crying and wants to be home with the baby? People need to remember it’s all a money making game, everything that’s posted on Instagram etc. it’s literally their job, their income. She might be devastated she’s away from Bambi, but something has to pay the bills, massive outgoings can’t pay themselves and I doubt they’ve got a load of savings the way they spend

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.