Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
You should be aware that Cara D suffers from ADHD. It’s a lifelong developmental disorder, and also causes sufferers’ brains to mature later.
Perhaps she should have kept away from the coke then, because that was clearly a problem at the time.

She spoke to assistants like they were shit. I doubt that had much to do with ADHD.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 125

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Used to work in the industry. Haven’t got much exciting gossip as honestly, most ‘names’ I worked with were nice and pretty normal, although most of them weren’t as well known as they are now. You can’t get far in your modelling career by treating others like shit - models are so easily replaced, you’d have to be a huge name to get away with a lot of the stuff people assume is happening. They get so much crap from power-hungry idiots in the industry, too. I always tried really hard to be friendly and kind, and mostly they’d be lovely and charming back.

Anyway, most models are shorter than you’d think. Kate Moss is only about 5’5 and Cara Delevingne isn’t much taller. I am 5’10 and significantly taller than many that I worked with.

Cara is actually the exception to the “most are nice and normal” thing. At the beginning of her career she was hyper, childish and rude and I hated working with her. Admittedly I know a lot of people loved her and thought she was a scream, but I found it like wrangling a toddler. Saw her and Poppy openly doing cocaine around the time they were saying they’d never do drugs because of their mum. Not exactly a revelation, that one!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 72

Dizzy

VIP Member
Em Rata fucking bugs me. Screams that she’s a feminist at any given opportunity. Cos nothing says feminism like getting your tits out🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I remember reading a blind about the girl a few years ago discussing her iron discipline 500 calorie a day diet. I don’t think that sort of thing is sustainable longterm and it makes me wonder if she and other spawn models are fighting tooth and nail against their own body shapes rather than being naturally slender.

Not a criticism of healthy eating, just seems disordered for a young teenager who would normally have a far higher metabolism than an old waddler like me.
I think I read something about models ( I think it was Victoria Secret but may have been models in general) who used to eat cotton wool to fill up their stomachs calorie free. It seems to be a horrific industry and I cant see why these ex models want their daughters to do it. Honestly, if designers can't make clothes that fall nicely on women with boobs and hips, maybe they need to do a bit of retraining rather than force women into looking like children in order to fit into their clothes.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

openbook1

VIP Member
Certainly not the case lol well in my case of my friend, she had no clue who Kendall was (she went into the fashion industry not knowing a lot). All she knew about her is that she went to non of the fittings, turned up late and was rude to everyone. I’m sure plenty of girls are jealous of Kendall but it is well known that Kendall isn’t respected in the modelling world with how she’s treated people within it.

*this happened the first time my friend met Kendall, she met her on a later date when she was sat with her and Gigi and said that she was nicer then but she felt like this was the case because Gigi was making the effort to include both her and Kendall in the convo
The things is with Kendall, on the Kardashians show, in early episodes and later, she comes across as painfully shy and introverted and even she admits she gets anxiety meeting new people. Kylie was the more outgoing one. I wonder if it comes down to that? I am quite a shy person and have been told I am "rude" before because I am not enthusiastic when meeting people and slightly awkward. I've seen people who have met her say she is nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

M.fairy

Chatty Member
This girl I know worked as an assistant during the fashion week, she had to help the models dress and get ready before the runaway. She told me that the hadid sisters are both really nice and down to earth, always smiling and saying thank you, while kendall jenner arrived late, went straight to a private zone and she didn’t mix with the other models.
I second this, my friend has walked with Gigi 3 times, Kendall twice and Bella once. She said that Gigi was especially lovely all three times, and although didn’t really mix with Bella she said she was really polite. Kendall however she said was rude and that non of the other models really wanted to mix with her and that she was actually sat alone because no one wanted to sit with her as no one respected her.

Reactions: 38

M.fairy

Chatty Member
Regarding Naomi C I recall pics circulating of her severe bald patches from years of wearing extensions and weaves (google it if interested) and since then I’ve always been super aware that her beautiful hair is in fact all wigs. She’s still beautiful but I can’t get over the fakery!
Litterally most black people wear wigs, weaves, extensions, it’s one of the most common things in the world 😂 I wouldn’t call it fakery as pretty much everyone knows that it’s hard to style black girl natural hair and she wouldn’t never be able to get her slick straight hairstyle.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

ale22

This girl I know worked as an assistant during the fashion week, she had to help the models dress and get ready before the runaway. She told me that the hadid sisters are both really nice and down to earth, always smiling and saying thank you, while kendall jenner arrived late, went straight to a private zone and she didn’t mix with the other models.

Reactions: 36
Perhaps she should have kept away from the coke then, because that was clearly a problem at the time.

She spoke to assistants like they were shit. I doubt that had much to do with ADHD.
There were those pap photos which captured her dropping a bag of white powder whilst entering her house in the morning, so you're definitely right there!

Reactions: 30

MadameOvary

Chatty Member
I think about this too. Sooner or later, Kendall's genes are going to catch up with her, especially since she isn't super tall. I wonder why these girls didn't just go into commercial modeling... I guess since they don't need the money, anything that isn't walking fashion week and posing for Vogue is beneath them.
Oh I don't know about Kendall - Caitlyn is very long and lean - look at her pictures from when she was an athlete - so she might well take after that side of the family. Kylie got the Momma Kris genes - dumpy but receptive to surgery.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Isn’t it sort of an open secret that a lot of models and actresses, particularly the b and c list ones, are part-time yachters? Even some A-list ones as well. I seem to recall Miranda Kerr being forced to give up a lot of diamonds and jewelry given to her by businessman Jho Low, whose now an international fugitive. There was never anything about them dating on the news until that hit the circuit so I always assumed she was a very expensive hooker for hire to the richest men. Someone must be orchestrating this stuff and I can see someone like Naomi, beautiful and connected but older, being a good fit for this role.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Does anyone have any goss on Irina Shayk? I remember reading when she was pregnant that the baby wasn't Bradley Coopers as they were in faux relationship but he couldn't really deny that it was his baby without outing himself for being in a faux relationship - anyone know if there's any truth to this?
I am not sure about Lea not being Bradley’s. But I do think Irina is a yacht girl / professional beard. She was with Cristiano Ronaldo after all.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
No tea but she sure as hell wouldn't be a model if her Mom wasn't Kate Moss.She is tiny and non descript.
I honestly cannot stand all the celeb/model spawns. 99% of them are average as hell (and some are outright unattractive...not being hateful, just saying it like it is) and it kills me that they have these crazy careers while more deserving girls don't get nearly as much love.

In a world without nepotism, girls like Lily Mcmenamy, Bella Hadid (her real face is completely forgettable and looks like it'll collapse any second post surgeries), Lila Moss, and Kaia Gerber would NOT have a legit modeling career. Maybe Kaia could do some commercial or catalogue work for her local magazines but that's about as far as they'd go, and the other ones wouldn't be models at all.

The closest thing we have today to the real supermodels are the older models that started in the mid 2000s who are still working (i.e. Freja Beha, Elsa Hosk, etc.). The rest of the popular models are nearly all celeb/model spawns and it's terrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Seriously, the callousness of referring to it as a 14 year old trying to 'boost their career' is actually quite shocking. She was a minor and met a horrible predatory man who took advantage, there are no ifs and buts

Reactions: 26

M.fairy

Chatty Member
That's pretty tone deaf...but not very surprising.

I think to Kendall's credit, she is probably one of the few Kardashians (I guess she's really a Jenner) whose chosen a "career" and has stuck to it while the rest of them all pivoted back to the show. But that was definitely an insensitive comment to make.

Lots of pregnant models recently...Gigi Hadid, Romee Strijd, Coco Rocha. I was surprised by Gigi's announcement - wasn't/isn't Zayn struggling with a drug problem?
Kendall wouldn’t be a model if she wasn’t famous. She’s pretty but not anything special model wise. She’s only 5ft 9 not 5ft 10 1/2 what her card says. There’s girls her height or even taller than her who get rejected cause their too short yet she gets taken on. Really says a lot.

• Wow
Reactions: 25

Gamu

VIP Member
Speaking of the offspring from models I read an interview with Iman, so beautiful, and she wouldn't allow her daughter to model. She said they "only want you because you are David Bowie's daughter". It seems hard the way I've written it but it really didn' t read that way, it read like good, protective parenting, she wasn't going to let her young daughter be in that position. I really like Iman she seems lovely, she has class and she is grounded and she has conducted herself so well after losing her husband.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Mischievous Mystery

That’s so cool. Any neat gossip about your peers in the glamour / modelling industry? Did you see politicians / celebrities we know getting messed up at corporate events etc?
Umfortunately, I have had to sign a few NDA's over the years, so I have to be careful what I say. Most of these parties you can't attend without signing them which is a shame as some of the stuff is properly eye watering. I have already probably said too much on another thread. However, I can say that I have seen Robbie Williams come on to a guy, and I knew Sam Fox was into girls a long time before she came out!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Apples87

For everyone in the Celeb gossip who loves the model goss. As a lot of model goss includes talk about disordered eating/exercise please take this as a trigger warning for the whole thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 24