Model Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any goss on Lucky Blue Smith? Had a child with a model then married another model and has just had baby number 2, and he's only 22.
It's funny, I follow both his baby mamas on instagram because they seem great/the kids are cute, but not him 😆

Reactions: 1
Did anyone else grow up as a teen in the era of Natasha Poly, Magdalena Frackowiak, Freja Beha, Lily Donaldson, Sasha Pivovarova... I was obsessed with them all, esp Natasha Poly and Magdalena F. I'd never seen faces like that before. Now I'm obsessed with Bella Hadid, I don't care if it's plastic surgery or if she has famous parents, she seems super sweet and I'm obsessed with her off-duty style too.

I cut my hair like Agyness Deyn when I was 14... needless to say it did NOT look good, I don't think any pictures of me from that age exist on the internet 😂
Yes totally! Such a great era - also loved Daria and Anna Selezneva, they just had such unique looks. Actually wonder what Daria is up to these days as she just sort of disappeared!

Reactions: 4
Yes totally! Such a great era - also loved Daria and Anna Selezneva, they just had such unique looks. Actually wonder what Daria is up to these days as she just sort of disappeared!
Oh my gosh I'd forgotten about Anna! She was another favourite of mine. I always wondered what happened to the models of that era. I know that Sasha P moved on to being an artist, but not sure about the rest of them.

My faves from my Vogue-reading days back in the 00s were Daria Werbowy, Karolina Kurkova and Natalia Vodianova. You could guarantee that between them they'd make up at least 80% of the ads in the fashion mags at that time. I found my all-time fave perfume, Hypnose, due to Daria being the model ❤

Reactions: 8
Did anyone else grow up as a teen in the era of Natasha Poly, Magdalena Frackowiak, Freja Beha, Lily Donaldson, Sasha Pivovarova... I was obsessed with them all, esp Natasha Poly and Magdalena F. I'd never seen faces like that before. Now I'm obsessed with Bella Hadid, I don't care if it's plastic surgery or if she has famous parents, she seems super sweet and I'm obsessed with her off-duty style too.

I cut my hair like Agyness Deyn when I was 14... needless to say it did NOT look good, I don't think any pictures of me from that age exist on the internet 😂
Yes, you must be around the same age as me. I wonder what Lily Cole does now.

Reactions: 6
Yes, you must be around the same age as me. I wonder what Lily Cole does now.
I remember going to see Othello as an A-level student in a very small theatre set up in the round and our whole class being distracted (boys and girls) when we spotted Lily Cole sitting in the audience too.

I seem to recall that after getting a double first from Cambridge that she now does charity work and is now an author... Just looked her up: she’s set up an app called Impossible People which allows altruistic acts to be carried out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No tea but she sure as hell wouldn't be a model if her Mom wasn't Kate Moss.She is tiny and non descript.
I honestly cannot stand all the celeb/model spawns. 99% of them are average as hell (and some are outright unattractive...not being hateful, just saying it like it is) and it kills me that they have these crazy careers while more deserving girls don't get nearly as much love.

In a world without nepotism, girls like Lily Mcmenamy, Bella Hadid (her real face is completely forgettable and looks like it'll collapse any second post surgeries), Lila Moss, and Kaia Gerber would NOT have a legit modeling career. Maybe Kaia could do some commercial or catalogue work for her local magazines but that's about as far as they'd go, and the other ones wouldn't be models at all.

The closest thing we have today to the real supermodels are the older models that started in the mid 2000s who are still working (i.e. Freja Beha, Elsa Hosk, etc.). The rest of the popular models are nearly all celeb/model spawns and it's terrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Any tea on Lila Moss? I wonder if she's like her mum?

I remember blinds years ago talking about when she was 13-14, at a party and in front of her mother, Philip Green of Topshop / Arcadia Group offered her an entire clothing line in exchange for a snog.

Her mum had clothing lines at Topshop.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I remember blinds years ago talking about when she was 13-14, at a party and in front of her mother, Philip Green of Topshop / Arcadia Group offered her an entire clothing line in exchange for a snog.

Her mum had clothing lines at Topshop.
🤢🤢🤢🤢 I hope she said no.

I met Kate twice when I was cabin crew (she was lovely) and one of those times she had Lila with her. She was only about 6 or 7 at the time, but she was a lovely little kid. Very polite and mannerly.

Reactions: 11
Doutzen is the ideal German/Dutch model I would create in my head - love her as well, despite the commercial-ness of her look!

This comment is probably a bit controversial but I'm not a huge fan of any of the Dutch ladies that I can think of except for maybe Doutzen. I know there are a lot of Dutch models generally, but I just find most of them pretty, nice, and....so plain? Sanne Vloet embodies the nice, pretty, completely forgettable blonde that I think of when I think of Dutch models. I also find their faces way too rectangular and almost masculine-ish. Beautiful girls but seem almost a dime a dozen and really boring.
If Sanne Vloet is plain there's no hope for the rest of us! I happened upon her videos and really like her, got loads of good tips and information. Her cooking is brilliant!

Reactions: 3
If Sanne Vloet is plain there's no hope for the rest of us! I happened upon her videos and really like her, got loads of good tips and information. Her cooking is brilliant!
She’s definitely a beautiful girl (as with all the Dutch models) but I just find she’s missing the “it factor” a bit in my humble opinion. I like her channel as well, along with Romee’s. All the Dutch ladies have great YouTube channels. Girls like Adriana Lima or Gisele or Freja Beha have that but I’m not sure Sanne does. This is all just my opinion of course!

Helena Christensen is and was my ultimate girl crush
Helena definitely has the it factor. Can’t believe I forgot about her but I guess she’s not a recent model.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.