Model Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reviving this thread b/c I'd love to see more action on here... I have a morbid curiosity about the modeling world!

Re: Kendall, I don't think anyone can deny that nepotism played a huge role in Kendall's modeling career. She didn't have to work her way up from the bottom like most models, live in model apartments, hustle from casting to casting, etc. And despite being an average-to-not-very-good model, she still gets to grace the cover of Vogue and open shows during Fashion Week. It's not her fault she grew up privileged and sheltered, but that also shouldn't be an excuse for entitlement and tone-deafness. This interview that she gave in 2018 caused an uproar in the modeling community: https://www.instyle.com/news/kendall-jenner-models-love-interview

Reactions: 23
Reviving this thread b/c I'd love to see more action on here... I have a morbid curiosity about the modeling world!

Re: Kendall, I don't think anyone can deny that nepotism played a huge role in Kendall's modeling career. She didn't have to work her way up from the bottom like most models, live in model apartments, hustle from casting to casting, etc. And despite being an average-to-not-very-good model, she still gets to grace the cover of Vogue and open shows during Fashion Week. It's not her fault she grew up privileged and sheltered, but that also shouldn't be an excuse for entitlement and tone-deafness. This interview that she gave in 2018 caused an uproar in the modeling community: https://www.instyle.com/news/kendall-jenner-models-love-interview
That's pretty tone deaf...but not very surprising.

I think to Kendall's credit, she is probably one of the few Kardashians (I guess she's really a Jenner) whose chosen a "career" and has stuck to it while the rest of them all pivoted back to the show. But that was definitely an insensitive comment to make.

Lots of pregnant models recently...Gigi Hadid, Romee Strijd, Coco Rocha. I was surprised by Gigi's announcement - wasn't/isn't Zayn struggling with a drug problem?

Reactions: 7
I’ve been around Jodie Kidd through polo and horses a fair few times, she’s always seemed super down to earth and been really pleasant and fun. Really surprised me!

Reactions: 10
That's pretty tone deaf...but not very surprising.

I think to Kendall's credit, she is probably one of the few Kardashians (I guess she's really a Jenner) whose chosen a "career" and has stuck to it while the rest of them all pivoted back to the show. But that was definitely an insensitive comment to make.

Lots of pregnant models recently...Gigi Hadid, Romee Strijd, Coco Rocha. I was surprised by Gigi's announcement - wasn't/isn't Zayn struggling with a drug problem?
Kendall wouldn’t be a model if she wasn’t famous. She’s pretty but not anything special model wise. She’s only 5ft 9 not 5ft 10 1/2 what her card says. There’s girls her height or even taller than her who get rejected cause their too short yet she gets taken on. Really says a lot.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Kendall wouldn’t be a model if she wasn’t famous. She’s pretty but not anything special model wise. She’s only 5ft 9 not 5ft 10 1/2 what her card says. There’s girls her height or even taller than her who get rejected cause their too short yet she gets taken on. Really says a lot.
I've heard a lot of these not so legit models (i.e. family connections, instagram models, etc.) are all shorter and heavier in real life than their card numbers. I've heard that Emily Ratajkowski is actually 5'5 and that both Gigi and Bella are shorter than their reported measurements so I'm not terribly surprised at this.

When you look at someone like Kendall or Bella and girls like Freja Beha Erichsen or Adriana Lima, the difference is like night and day. The former are just pretty-ish girls who are on the taller side and the latter are stunners who leave an impression wherever they go.

Reactions: 21
I've heard a lot of these not so legit models (i.e. family connections, instagram models, etc.) are all shorter and heavier in real life than their card numbers. I've heard that Emily Ratajkowski is actually 5'5 and that both Gigi and Bella are shorter than their reported measurements so I'm not terribly surprised at this.

When you look at someone like Kendall or Bella and girls like Freja Beha Erichsen or Adriana Lima, the difference is like night and day. The former are just pretty-ish girls who are on the taller side and the latter are stunners who leave an impression wherever they go.
Gigi’s just under 5ft 10, Kendall’s 5ft 9, Bellas slightly taller than her mom who’s 5ft 7. Your model height is always slightly taller than your actual height anways you always round up half/full inch no matter now famous you are.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Gigi’s just under 5ft 10, Kendall’s 5ft 9, Bellas slightly taller than her mom who’s 5ft 7. Your model height is always slightly taller than your actual height anways you always round up half/full inch no matter now famous you are.
I had no idea Yolanda and Bella were so short! I do think Gigi is tall and also very pretty and probably would've made it as a model without her family, perhaps not booking quite the number of shows that she has but still making it somehow and having a moderately successful career. But Bella was very average before the plastic surgery and being that short would mean that she'd never be able to book any major shows.

Reactions: 13
I had no idea Yolanda and Bella were so short! I do think Gigi is tall and also very pretty and probably would've made it as a model without her family, perhaps not booking quite the number of shows that she has but still making it somehow and having a moderately successful career. But Bella was very average before the plastic surgery and being that short would mean that she'd never be able to book any major shows.
I was told Bella was the tallest out of all three, by someone who has worked with them but looking at photos she mostly looks shorter than Gigi. So no clue lol, I think she wears very high heels a lot. Bella is meant to be the loveliest out of them all though, and Gigi’s got an amazing rep aswell.

I was told Bella was the tallest out of all three, by someone who has worked with them but looking at photos she mostly looks shorter than Gigi. So no clue lol, I think she wears very high heels a lot. Bella is meant to be the loveliest out of them all though, and Gigi’s got an amazing rep aswell.
I think the Hadids generally have good reputations - Yolanda raised them well. I recall either Gigi or Bella saying that they were always taught to work hard and be kind and gracious, because there are millions of girls out there more beautiful than they are and that they should be grateful for the opportunities they have and show that.

I wonder how the VS angels are, particularly Josephine Skriver, Elsa Hosk, Jasmin Tookes, Romee Strijd, and Emily Didonato. I've heard Doutzen is a great person and Grace Elizabeth and Taylor Hill are serious witches.

Doutzen Kroes is lovely, but utterly obsessed with elephants!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Doutzen Kroes is lovely, but utterly obsessed with elephants!
She is so beautiful and down to earth, and I love that she's just slightly more curvy than your average skinny blonde, VS girl. Great butt.

• Heart
I think the Hadids generally have good reputations - Yolanda raised them well. I recall either Gigi or Bella saying that they were always taught to work hard and be kind and gracious, because there are millions of girls out there more beautiful than they are and that they should be grateful for the opportunities they have and show that.

I wonder how the VS angels are, particularly Josephine Skriver, Elsa Hosk, Jasmin Tookes, Romee Strijd, and Emily Didonato. I've heard Doutzen is a great person and Grace Elizabeth and Taylor Hill are serious witches.
Romeo comes off well, like in her YouTube videos etc. She’s also dutch and dutch girls are usually brought up well.

Likewise with Gigi and Bella being brought up with the Dutch values. Neither of them care how many followers a girl has they’ll never ignore them. Apprently they how no boundaries though, they hug everyone, and talk about anything

Reactions: 8
Any Karlie Kloss goss 👀 I really like her but there must be some tea i.e. the family she married into and the Taylor Swift fall out rumours. Wonder if she is as sweet as she appears. I like that she started coding, pretty impressive she could have easily just lived off her modelling fame and money.

Agree with the Gigi comments I get a good vibe from her.

Reactions: 5
Any Karlie Kloss goss 👀 I really like her but there must be some tea i.e. the family she married into and the Taylor Swift fall out rumours. Wonder if she is as sweet as she appears. I like that she started coding, pretty impressive she could have easily just lived off her modelling fame and money.

Agree with the Gigi comments I get a good vibe from her.
I’ve heard she’s very managed. Like everything that she does and says all goes through either her team or family or a PR rep, and nothing she does is authentic. Not sure about the beard situation or lesbian lovers rumors with Taylor.

There were also rumors floating around that her husband's family never approved of her because she was a lingerie model and only a high school graduate and not Jewish. Apparently that was why she enrolled herself at NYU's school for celebs for one year and started all the coding initiatives to try to win their approval but she kinda dropped all those once she got engaged.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Anyone know anything about Camille Rowe?
May be slightly biased as I've been a huge Harry Styles fan for coming up to a decade now (he can date who he likes though, obviously he isn't going to be knocking at my door anytime soon) but there is a lot of indication that she isn't the nicest of people. She dressed up as Sharon Tate for halloween (I believe a woman who was murdered by Charles Manson while pregnant) and I think has been known to use racist language in the past. I know Harry stans have been trying to find dirt on her for years.

Reactions: 6
Doutzen is incredibly gorgeous and I’m a follower of her and her sister Rens, who’s a bit of a Dutch healthy living guru. But the last week or so she has been talking about “the truth” “waking up” and so on, think there’s been a few comments about conspiracies, etc....I hope she doesn’t become a bit of a conspiracy theorist...

Reactions: 9
Gigi and Bella came across lovely, caring and kind girls on real housewives of beverley hills.
Yolanda however did not! I doubt she is happy about this pregnancy

Gigi and Bella came across lovely, caring and kind girls on real housewives of beverley hills.
Yolanda however did not! I doubt she is happy about this pregnancy
Don’t I loved Yolanda on RHOBH 😂 she was slightly annoying but was one of the better ones in comparison.

I think she’s happy that she’s having the baby with Zayn rather than some of her other boyfriends. I think she’s knows that Gigi will still have a career after it.

Don’t I loved Yolanda on RHOBH 😂 she was slightly annoying but was one of the better ones in comparison.

I think she’s happy that she’s having the baby with Zayn rather than some of her other boyfriends. I think she’s knows that Gigi will still have a career after it.
you could tell Gigi was her absolute fave child!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.