Model Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just stumbled across this news

Very sad, always seems worse at Christmas. Nothing about the cause but putting 1+1 together and getting something not medical.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Certainly not the case lol well in my case of my friend, she had no clue who Kendall was (she went into the fashion industry not knowing a lot). All she knew about her is that she went to non of the fittings, turned up late and was rude to everyone. I’m sure plenty of girls are jealous of Kendall but it is well known that Kendall isn’t respected in the modelling world with how she’s treated people within it.

*this happened the first time my friend met Kendall, she met her on a later date when she was sat with her and Gigi and said that she was nicer then but she felt like this was the case because Gigi was making the effort to include both her and Kendall in the convo
I know I’m way late replying to this but from what I’ve seen on KUWTK I can see a LOT of this being Kendall’s anxiety taken as rudeness etc. I’ve seen on several episodes how she seems to suffer with it (and social anxiety) and have felt sorry for her on numerous occasions as even her own family will then blame her for it (distinctly recall Caitlin (when she was Bruce) saying “she brings it on herself”). kylie once said “I don’t let myself get left out” - it’s not that simple for everyone tho lol.

I guess it resonates a bit more with me as an ADHD/social anxiety sufferer. I know many many times I’ve had people assume I am rude, unfriendly, stuck up etc - when actually I just had insane social anxiety! It sucks sometimes to be seen that way and then have others deemed more “friendly” when actually it’s just they have more confidence to show their friendliness!

Of course she could also just be rude and not great to work with, but I do wonder if this plays a part in how she comes off to others in the modelling world.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know I’m way late replying to this but from what I’ve seen on KUWTK I can see a LOT of this being Kendall’s anxiety taken as rudeness etc. I’ve seen on several episodes how she seems to suffer with it (and social anxiety) and have felt sorry for her on numerous occasions as even her own family will then blame her for it (distinctly recall Caitlin (when she was Bruce) saying “she brings it on herself”). kylie once said “I don’t let myself get left out” - it’s not that simple for everyone tho lol.

I guess it resonates a bit more with me as an ADHD/social anxiety sufferer. I know many many times I’ve had people assume I am rude, unfriendly, stuck up etc - when actually I just had insane social anxiety! It sucks sometimes to be seen that way and then have others deemed more “friendly” when actually it’s just they have more confidence to show their friendliness!

Of course she could also just be rude and not great to work with, but I do wonder if this plays a part in how she comes off to others in the modelling world.
Yes I definitely think a lot of it is down to anxiety. Kendall was known for not doing shows without her friends as she doesn’t like talking to new people. She was never directly horrible to my friend and on talking to her further I think her view of kendall was definitely swayed by others. The fact Gigi made most of the effort in the conversation definitely points the fact that Kendall was anxious about talking/including new people.

Reactions: 3
Yes I definitely think a lot of it is down to anxiety. Kendall was known for not doing shows without her friends as she doesn’t like talking to new people. She was never directly horrible to my friend and on talking to her further I think her view of kendall was definitely swayed by others. The fact Gigi made most of the effort in the conversation definitely points the fact that Kendall was anxious about talking/including new people.
Yeah for real. I can 1000000% see that the things mentioned of course do look really rude to an outsider but actually probably are down to her anxiety and simply not even feeling comfortable to approach or be around people to be friendly, hence “going straight to the private area” etc that someone mentioned.

i don’t doubt at all that being a KarJenner she likely does have a lot of entitlement going on too. But it’s just I’ve seen so many times on KUWTK that she’s blamed for her social anxiety that I imagine it playing a part at work as well.

Even that massive fight between kourt and kim was started because kim was a total witch to Kendall saying sarcastically “ohhh, well of course you’d work more Kendall but you have your anxiety right??”

Ugh, I’d have slapped her bronzer into the wall too! Imagine your own sisters being so nasty about something you genuinely suffer with. Sad thing is this seems to be common reaction from neuro typical people who just don’t get how debilitating your invisible illness can be! I think that’s why I kinda low KenJen a bit more...

Reactions: 8
Can anyone tell me what this “awakening” thing with Doutzen is all about? I follow her but haven’t really seen any of her posts or stories (ty instagram algorithm). I don’t understand what’s she’s getting at or what she been “researching”

Picking up on the previous comments about the pressures put on young women to be accepted as catwalk models, I can say what you hear is usually true. The cotton wool, the coke and an apple a day etc.
When I was little, I used to dream of being Miss World and walking along the best catwalks in the world as I guess a lot of girls do. I was constantly being told I should be a model, so decided to try out for it after being spotted by a photographer who gave me a card.
Following a long period of being ripped off, abused verbally and physically, and starving myself half to death, I wasn't getting anywhere. That's how I fell into glamour modelling and it's a very slippery slope.
Although my waist was 23inchs, I had always had a large bust which wouldn't go regardless of how little I ate. This was why I couldn't fit in the sample sizes. However, I was perfect for lingerie, page 3 etc. I was smart enough to always take a male with me on shoots, but a number of girls didn't. Unfortunately, I can tell some horrific stories.
To cut an already long story short, I made a good living out of what I did, and live well now, but trust me, it is not an industry I would be happy having someone I loved working in unless they had the ability to learn quickly to be thick skinned.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Picking up on the previous comments about the pressures put on young women to be accepted as catwalk models, I can say what you hear is usually true. The cotton wool, the coke and an apple a day etc.
When I was little, I used to dream of being Miss World and walking along the best catwalks in the world as I guess a lot of girls do. I was constantly being told I should be a model, so decided to try out for it after being spotted by a photographer who gave me a card.
Following a long period of being ripped off, abused verbally and physically, and starving myself half to death, I wasn't getting anywhere. That's how I fell into glamour modelling and it's a very slippery slope.
Although my waist was 23inchs, I had always had a large bust which wouldn't go regardless of how little I ate. This was why I couldn't fit in the sample sizes. However, I was perfect for lingerie, page 3 etc. I was smart enough to always take a male with me on shoots, but a number of girls didn't. Unfortunately, I can tell some horrific stories.
To cut an already long story short, I made a good living out of what I did, and live well now, but trust me, it is not an industry I would be happy having someone I loved working in unless they had the ability to learn quickly to be thick skinned.
wow, it’s a harsh world! would love to know more of your stories. also what’s cotton wool, coke and apple a day? more so the cotton wool part 😅

Reactions: 1
wow, it’s a harsh world! would love to know more of your stories. also what’s cotton wool, coke and apple a day? more so the cotton wool part 😅
You eat cotton wool washed down with water. It then expands in your stomach, and makes you feel full without the calories. It comes out the normal way, or you can use laxatives to help. Not recommended for anyone!

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Wow. I always thought that models eating cotton wool was a myth. Their skin and hair must have been rubbish from no nutrients?

• Sad
Wow. I always thought that models eating cotton wool was a myth. Their skin and hair must have been rubbish from no nutrients?
You don't do it all the time, just when you need to fit in the sample sizes.
It isn't a healthy lifestyle at all, and everywhere around me was cocaine, speed and meth. Oddly, the stimulants will help your hair and nails grow faster, but you are either blessed with good skin or you have the body with great make up artists!!
I spent most of my modelling career in glamour though which is where the parties are alot more fun especially if you are being paid to attend just to stand around looking pretty and dumb!!

Reactions: 14
You don't do it all the time, just when you need to fit in the sample sizes.
It isn't a healthy lifestyle at all, and everywhere around me was cocaine, speed and meth. Oddly, the stimulants will help your hair and nails grow faster, but you are either blessed with good skin or you have the body with great make up artists!!
I spent most of my modelling career in glamour though which is where the parties are alot more fun especially if you are being paid to attend just to stand around looking pretty and dumb!!

That’s so cool. Any neat gossip about your peers in the glamour / modelling industry? Did you see politicians / celebrities we know getting messed up at corporate events etc?

That’s so cool. Any neat gossip about your peers in the glamour / modelling industry? Did you see politicians / celebrities we know getting messed up at corporate events etc?
Umfortunately, I have had to sign a few NDA's over the years, so I have to be careful what I say. Most of these parties you can't attend without signing them which is a shame as some of the stuff is properly eye watering. I have already probably said too much on another thread. However, I can say that I have seen Robbie Williams come on to a guy, and I knew Sam Fox was into girls a long time before she came out!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Umfortunately, I have had to sign a few NDA's over the years, so I have to be careful what I say. Most of these parties you can't attend without signing them which is a shame as some of the stuff is properly eye watering. I have already probably said too much on another thread. However, I can say that I have seen Robbie Williams come on to a guy, and I knew Sam Fox was into girls a long time before she came out!
Robbie’s such a creepy weirdo and he was so popular at one point! Baffling.

Reactions: 13
All the vanity sizing and just general lack of size consistency in fast fashion has really muddled the waters for me but what is a true 'sample size?" It seems like zero and two can mean widely differently things depending on the country, brand, or even specific clothing piece.

Reactions: 6
I went through this entire thread, not in one sitting but I finally got to the end. It's great.

This is good if anyone loves the original supermodels

There’s one called ‘unzipped’ as well but there’s only clips on YouTube
I love Catwalk. I haven;t seen Unzipped so thank you for that! I especially love that era of models with their classic movie star glamour, especially Christy Turlington. It's cute that they were all friends and still are, particularly naomi and Kate. I liked Gia Carangi too. I also really like Freja Beha and androgynous models, such as Amanda Moore.
Adriana Lima is stunning.

R.I.P Stella.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Mischievous Mystery!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

This is good if anyone loves the original supermodels

There’s one called ‘unzipped’ as well but there’s only clips on YouTube
Watched this a while back. Helena C was such a witch about Sharon Stone! Sooo nasty and catty.

Yeah Doutzen is starting to go down a very strange road. It started about mid pandemic with some read between the lines posts about people needing to open their eyes and not be sheep etc..
in a way I’m like if you’ve something to say and want to stand for something then say it out. Stop with the annoying cryptic bs
Puts me off her tbh 🥴

Last edited:
I realise you have signed and have to keep to the terms of NDAs but this is how celebrities get away with stuff. Hopefully one day someone will either have or be given the financial clout to breach them. I would love to see a drug dealer spill the beans on their celebrity clients

Reactions: 12
I realise you have signed and have to keep to the terms of NDAs but this is how celebrities get away with stuff. Hopefully one day someone will either have or be given the financial clout to breach them. I would love to see a drug dealer spill the beans on their celebrity clients

In the run up to covid, the government was looking into the laws surrounding NDAs - the argument being that what was originally meant to prevent corporate employees running away to their firm’s rivals with all their commercial data and clients was being used as a broad way to cover for illegal actions.

Hopefully, once this thing dies down it’ll come up again as I don’t see how things like perjury and bribery can be offences but not keeping your mouth shut after witnessing a serious crime because you’ve been paid to.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.