Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaraQ

VIP Member
do yall think theyll restart vs shows? i know all of the models/photographers/trainers/glam want them again, but it seems the majority of ppl outside of fashion do not.
they still constantly post throwback pics.
I doubt it.VS feels a bit passe and old fashioned now.I think people got a bit sick of seeing all those perfect women with their unattainable bodies,particularly in an era when other companies were starting to diversify and use a variety of body types in their campaigns.VS just didn't move with the times.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

sleepflowers

VIP Member
In the 90s they had a bit of a curve to them and looked so much better - the epitome of a fit, healthy human. It's such a shame fashion changed
I love this gorgeous runway pic of Cindy Crawford in the 90s, he looks so healthy and glowing, not unwell and dull like the models today. She must have been about a size 8-10 - obviously still smaller than most, but a lot bigger than most models. It's a shame her daughter isn't the same.

cindy-crawford-3_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqzRytHSQbJOZN5HN52J50Yh6aHmPJ76XnrVkYr9MYDA4.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18

coriander

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion but I never understood why Karlie Kloss was a top model apart from being super tall, I don't like her look at all. Did she have connections or something?

Reactions: 18

Booington

I saw Naomi many years ago in London. She was extremely skinny and tall but I did not think she was as beautiful as her pictures.
I worked as a dresser on a runway she was in a few times as well as seeing her elsewhere and she was in a different league to the other models, really stunning! Her hair was shit though.
also saw Jodie Kidd at a shoot or something before she made it big, very ordinary looking.
helena C-really beautiful IRL
Yasmin Le Bon-really beautiful IRL

This was back in the early 90’s so a loooong time ago

Reactions: 17

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
In The Mail article there is a photo of her a year before she had the procedures. I am baffled as to why she even thought she needed it? She still looked amazing.
Obviously she should have had all the possible side effects explained to her but I bet she would have gone ahead anyway - even armed with all the information. Nobody thinks they will be the one to have an adverse reaction.

It is so easy to say but she now needs to concentrate on what she looks like now, which isn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination, and stop dwelling on the past and comparing herself to others.

Muh

There is no way Lila would be a model if she wasn't Kate Moss's daughter.
End of.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I'm sorry to be nosy but why, if you are underweight are you even trying to get lower to the point of dizziness? It's really dangerous and I'm sure you're fine the way you are. It's not worth the struggle to make yourself ill ☹
Not nosy at all! I've almost always been around 110 lbs but at one point in my early 20s, I was a bit depressed and dropped to just above 100 lbs, and I often felt dizzy or had mini blackouts around that weight (like random 3-5 seconds where my vision would go dark out of nowhere daily - the doctor said it was probably low blood pressure) so I was too thin then and have since gotten back to my normal weight. I guess once in a while, I still do miss being that thin (which is probably unhealthy and terrible and I realize this). I'm not at a model height but at that weight, I looked modelesque because I was just so thin and looked taller as a result and with a pair of heels or tall boots, it looked very nice in photos. In reality though, my face was pretty gaunt and it didn't look or feel great. Just an illustration of what I think it must be like for actual models though...I'm sure it's way harder for them because they're so much taller and it's way harder to stay thin at their height!

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
Used to work in the industry. Haven’t got much exciting gossip as honestly, most ‘names’ I worked with were nice and pretty normal, although most of them weren’t as well known as they are now. You can’t get far in your modelling career by treating others like shit - models are so easily replaced, you’d have to be a huge name to get away with a lot of the stuff people assume is happening.
Yeah this makes sense. I saw an interview with Gigi Hadid once and she said she thinks its really important to be someone that people enjoy working with and she thinks it is one of the reasons she got a lot of her jobs.

I was surprised she is pregnant! I didn't think her and Zayn would last but I hope it's going well for them as she seems sweet.

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
Regarding Naomi C I recall pics circulating of her severe bald patches from years of wearing extensions and weaves (google it if interested) and since then I’ve always been super aware that her beautiful hair is in fact all wigs. She’s still beautiful but I can’t get over the fakery!

Reactions: 16

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
About 20 years ago I was excited to go to a work event that Claudia Schiffer was at. She’s tall, well most people are to me, but nowhere near as stunning as I thought she would be, I was quite surprised at how plain she looked. For me Helena Christensen has always been the most stunning

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Yikes! She needs to fire her plastic surgeon. I remember seeing a photo of her from a while ago and thinking she looked meh, but now ugh, she's lost any shred of what made her original or memorable. Now she just looks like everybody else on Instagram. Also, Storm Models lists her at 5'6"... lolololol unless she just looks short in every photo (not really a quality you want in a model...), I will eat my hat if she doesn't barely clear 5'2".
Celeb spawns need to go away and that includes model spawns. Being model worthy or having the it factor is not hereditary and most of these girls are too commercial, too short, don't have the right body shape or look to be a real model. I have no issues with them being social media influencers and making money from that, but to take actual jobs away from deserving models who probably need the gig way more is just unfortunate. Also way too many of these celeb/model spawns have crazy plastic surgery at such an early age and it's honestly a terrible influence for the young women who follow them.

@meowmeowbeans I also agree she's very short and definitely NOT 5'6, which is just under below Kate's height of 5'7. No one whose 5'6, which is already on the taller end for a normal woman, would have proportions like this. The lying and nepotism is strong here.

1610735172250.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

coriander

VIP Member
Kaia Gerber is clearly an attractive girl but not fashion model material to me. Her features are not in proportion. Never got the hype about her mum either.

Mischievous Mystery

wow, it’s a harsh world! would love to know more of your stories. also what’s cotton wool, coke and apple a day? more so the cotton wool part 😅
You eat cotton wool washed down with water. It then expands in your stomach, and makes you feel full without the calories. It comes out the normal way, or you can use laxatives to help. Not recommended for anyone!

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
There were those pap photos which captured her dropping a bag of white powder whilst entering her house in the morning, so you're definitely right there!
I remember those pics! It didn’t come as a shock to me at the time, as I said in my previous post I’d seen her & Poppy (her sis) happily snorting away in Proud Galleries loos at least twice (at one point they didn’t even close the door to the stall, it was like they wanted someone to take a photo) and I’d heard rumblings of it at work well before that, too. All probably about two years before those photos came out.