MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually preordered her book while I was pregnant and started following her. She came across as quite lovely, and as a fellow NHS-er, you gotta support her.

But then... FOD happened. I can not STICK him. He’s just cringey, plays the whole “I’m a clueless Dad” card way too much (no dad is that thick) and suddenly overnight they became less likeable. I cancelled my preorder.

What she makes as her one day as a midwife would be chump change (to her)... Pocket money for the twins. Midwives are Band 6, so for a day shift it’s around £180ish if she’s the top of that band.

However I am convinced she wasn’t an average midwife and that she got a promotion during her book release, but I could be wrong.

I have them both firmly blocked on Instagram now.

Reactions: 6
It’s all so obviously aspirational. I don’t know anyone who has hundreds/thousands to spend on a festival for a couple of days and that’s before you count in the obligatory glittery crappy catsuits and trendy wellies and karts to ferry your little darlings around as you stumble around drunk on overpriced gin in a can and fake pseudo sisterhood, patting yourself and your chinless friends on the back for being bleeping kind, peak white middle class feminism at its worst

This is so on the money Spilttea ????????

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I do wonder how long they can ride the twin coat tails though (is that the saying?) The twins were cute when they were little but now it's all the same thing, watching them run around the bath or being put in some basket ect in a store. I hate to say it but they're also losing their cuteness.
They are lovely little girls but they are growing up, perhaps starting school will be a cut off. As you say it’s the same old thing.
Probably why FOD is planting teasers about his vasectomy, that’s the next thing he’s going to share ? I wouldn’t put it past him to share the footage of the procedure.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yep she is the worst at white middle class feminism. She thinks being a feminist is talking about periods and "pulling up the drawbridge" or showing her perfectly fine body in a bikini. All this while her husband is perpetuating the myth that men are haphazard parents who don't know how to parent responsibly but are kerazy and fun with it.

Reactions: 10
Yep she is the worst at white middle class feminism. She thinks being a feminist is talking about periods and "pulling up the drawbridge" or showing her perfectly fine body in a bikini. All this while her husband is perpetuating the myth that men are haphazard parents who don't know how to parent responsibly but are kerazy and fun with it.
He just reminds me of Mr Bean. But in charge of children.
They promote such sexist attitudes to women (her treat is him emptying the dishwasher?!) he’s always going on about being outnumbered by women etc etc. I guess they are just riding the wave of insta fame and money. Self important twits the pair of them.

Reactions: 4
As an ex midwife I didn’t think you would continue to work one day a week trekking to London on the train if you didn’t love and feel passionate about it.

I stopped as I wanted to go part time after the birth of my third daughter. I wanted to work 3 days a week and was even prepared to work 12 hour shifts but the trust I worked for didn’t allow part time working! So I left. They did ask me to go back but I felt that I had burned my bridges and no longer wanted to work for a trust which treated staff so badly.

Good on her for keeping UK the midwifery. She would need to do a certain amount of hours to keep her registration. I thought that I had read that she was a sister/band 7? Before cutting to one day a week.

I have to admit even though I find the kitchen disco and the festival glitter etc all a bit cringe I don’t kind either of them. They are obviously loaded and have never had to worry about money even before the whole Instagram thing.

I have to admit even though I find the kitchen disco and the festival glitter etc all a bit cringe I don’t kind either of them. They are obviously loaded and have never had to worry about money even before the whole Instagram thing.
This. They could have picked and chosen and not just been grabby, mass consumers. He had a good job, she had a good job. She has obviously dropped down to the minimum she can, and as others pointed out, perhaps more local trusts would not allow her to work so few hours. The problem she faced was the huge backlash when people realised how much stuff was free or paid for and people kept saying how much they liked the midwife. I feel sure that she would just be an influencer if she could but she would lose her USP. It’s something that makes her different to other influencers. If she still loved it and had her heart in it, that would come across and drive her, not just feel contrived.

Reactions: 1
The biggest issue I find is FOD and his use of all of the kids within his account, remove the twins from his feed and he pretty much has nothing. Using my kids to that extent to promote myself on social media would make me deeply uncomfortable.

Reactions: 5
Oh they had a 4 bed house in London? The mind boggles as to why they moved to Thanet then. They must have been dreaming of a massive house.

She’s always so angry I literally could not live in a house with her negative selfish energy. But then imagine living with FOD he’s such a tool. I always find it incredible she is actually a midwife she seems to have no patience and be really selfish I don’t see a likeable bone in her body

As an ex midwife I didn’t think you would continue to work one day a week trekking to London on the train if you didn’t love and feel passionate about it.
While I do genuinely think she does love midwifery, I personally don't know many midwives (including myself) who would continue travelling 2 hours to work on King's Labour ward if bringing home over £200,000 every year by other means. My slightly cynical head thinks that she has to keep the NHS midwifery going as that is/was her USP and the start of her 'fame'. She needs it. Also, far more cache to say you work at a famous London hospital than in some local Thanet hospital.

Yup, I think the prestige of working at Kings overrides any thought of easing her commute and perhaps other local hospitals wouldn’t offer her a 12 hour shift.

Reactions: 3
I see there is an article on the daily mail Facebook page today about FOD because he can't tell the twins apart! ?

While I do genuinely think she does love midwifery, I personally don't know many midwives (including myself) who would continue travelling 2 hours to work on King's Labour ward if bringing home over £200,000 every year by other means. My slightly cynical head thinks that she has to keep the NHS midwifery going as that is/was her USP and the start of her 'fame'. She needs it. Also, far more cache to say you work at a famous London hospital than in some local Thanet hospital.
100% agree. She's just doing the job to further her social media fame. It's a way to make her seem like a normal working mother in a job that brings admiration.

It's a commercial decision to help her brand.

Reactions: 5
I really really wouldn't want her as my midwife. I'd feel highly uncomfortable about it in fact.

Freebie half term break in Cornwall for the OD’s courtesy of DLAM who’s got the free stay in exchange for a review.

It’s all cosy in the Insta Mama girl world , are they going to pull up the drawbridge? ?

• Haha
THIS!!! Just STOP being such utter WANKERS. I can’t bear to look at her IG anymore. Last time being when she made a big thing of being on her period at work... you’re a midwife love!!!! Then the staged picture of FOD with a tray of period paraphernalia. Get a grip you twats. Makes me sick how much money this utter useless pair earn.
I LOVE THIS!! My feelings exactly

So much of their lifestyle is almost hidden out of embarrassment of being too wealthy, I know the girls go to Private school as I recognised a few inches of school uniform in a post. They have a nanny, but only recall her mentioning it once.
As I wrote earlier their annual tax bill for Gas and Air in 2018 was £68k, that does not include Simons £80-100K salary I looked him up on LinkedIn. Her one day a week Midwife Job will pay for the train / Uber and her M@S lunch. When it comes to so much # gifted stuff I.e the car,kitchen, most household purchases, holidays, where does it stand with H.M.R.C? Doing their P@L sheets will not be normal,they don’t have normal expenditures as so much is free!
I think the reason there is so much venom for them aside from FOD being a total twit is they have not verbally apprehended their ‘fame’ and success.When she had her kitchen ‘reno’ the images of her Ocado stocked pantry was enough to make anyone feel a twinge of jealousy,the utility room is more expensive than most people’s whole kitchens.
I had to unfollow them a while ago as the smugness and her woes of making her new 7 bedroom dream property got too much.
I said in a previous post MOD is head girl with a shiny Prefect badge engraved with ‘Gucci’ on the back,I feel she will stay top of tier in the insta Mums until they all grow up and the time comes for them all to leave home and get a proper job!
I can imagine them doing a story about ‘Invasion of privacy’ over stuff like this that is written about them. But, if you put yourself out there as an online advertising tool,which is what IG has become for many, they don’t have a #gifted leg to stand on! They used their kids to make money,remember the Dorset cereal week ? I can imagine in 15 years time a whole tribe of fucked up instakids suing their parents for invasion of privacy!

Reactions: 4
I can imagine them doing a story about ‘Invasion of privacy’ over stuff like this that is written about them. But, if you put yourself out there as an online advertising tool,which is what IG has become for many, they don’t have a #gifted leg to stand on! They used their kids to make money,remember the Dorset cereal week ? I can imagine in 15 years time a whole tribe of fucked up instakids suing their parents for invasion of privacy!
And remember the whole Disneyland reveal, the kids (middle one I think) shouting ‘we love you daddy!’
On a freebie holiday. Provided you share all your special moments, you can get it for free.
This could end badly...

• Haha

I stopped as I wanted to go part time after the birth of my third daughter. I wanted to work 3 days a week and was even prepared to work 12 hour shifts but the trust I worked for didn’t allow part time working! So I left. They did ask me to go back but I felt that I had burned my bridges and no longer wanted to work for a trust which treated staff so badly.

Good on her for keeping UK the midwifery. She would need to do a certain amount of hours to keep her registration. I thought that I had read that she was a sister/band 7? Before cutting to one day a week.

Yes! I thought she was a band 7 too. Also same in my trust, limit is 22.5hrs and child friendly hours don’t exist.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.