MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really think some comments here are stooping to trolling territory. Calling her a cow, her mate butch, poor kids, analysing their salaries and how much their house costs and now jumping on their weekend away. I have to agree with you MrsJT I think they look like a laugh don’t take themselves too seriously and seem like genuine mates I can’t see much offence with that?
I agree - they do look like a laugh, and I’ve seen them out and about and they are a ‘normal’ family. I just hate all the freebies

They are so smug. It’s so unattractive.
It’s also weird that people get called jealous if they say something against them.
I really think some comments here are stooping to trolling territory. Calling her a cow, her mate butch, poor kids, analysing their salaries and how much their house costs and now jumping on their weekend away. I have to agree with you MrsJT I think they look like a laugh don’t take themselves too seriously and seem like genuine mates I can’t see much offence with that?
They take the business of being an influencer VERY seriously.
Anything I’ve read or discussed has been from information that they have put out there and shared. I don’t recall them being genuine mates when MOD embarrassed herself bitching on her page and DMing very rude messages. In fact they were all very quiet.
It’s a game. A money game.
‘Jumping on their weekend away’??‍♀
Yes I did say she came across as a ‘cow’. To her husband, maybe she doesn’t realise it, but she seems really unfair in the what she CHOOSES to share. If she didn’t put it out there, people wouldn’t have opinions.

Reactions: 2
"..how much their house costs.."

MOD did several articles which stated how much their previous and current homes cost. This is certainly not trolling or deep dark web exploration.

Reactions: 5
I agree - they do look like a laugh, and I’ve seen them out and about and they are a ‘normal’ family. I just hate all the freebies
I think they probably are a really nice family (their kids are gorgeous!) but it's such a shame FOD's online persona positions him as a completely helpless gif.

Reactions: 3
But that’s how I see FOD an online persona he’s like a characturw. It doesn’t mean he’s like that in real life and there are moments when you see that. A gif perhaps but all the other comments feel a bit off I can think of other influencers who are so much worse and fake these guys seem like decent people I guess we only see a snippet of what they want to show you.

Reactions: 1
To be honest I don't really mind MOD, her husband on the other hand does my head in. He is so cringe I can't even hate follow him. I think what annoys me so much about him is the way he uses his 'I'm such a crap father' act whilst exposing his children so much in order to make money/fame. They don't even need the money (MOD said on mumsnet) so it's even more pathetic.

It’s a game. A money game.
Indeed it is, but that's the same for all most instamums and families. Even those "down to earth and honest" mums didn't begin their accounts to be your mummy mate or to educate you on the name of items from their weekly Aldi shop. Nor are they treating you to a speed video of them folding laundry or posting empowering quotes from the goodness of their hearts so that you can relate to them. They all want something back. Mega bonus points if they don't have to get or go back to a proper job and receive multiple ego boosts a day.

I think the reason I enjoy MOD and FOD more than a lot of the others is because they don't need the money and feel the need to jump on every single buzzword and bandwagon. I also like their home and style as it's not grey or drenched in Zoflora.

I’m sorry but a normal family they are not. FOD for a start, has exploited his children especially the twins to further his own celebrity status & cash in. Neither of them have given a single thought to their daughters’ privacy, safety or digital footprint. They just want all the free holidays, free furniture & “you’re amazing hun”s. Normal mums and dads don’t do that

Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but a normal family they are not. FOD for a start, has exploited his children especially the twins to further his own celebrity status & cash in. Neither of them have given a single thought to their daughters’ privacy, safety or digital footprint. They just want all the free holidays, free furniture & “you’re amazing hun”s. Normal mums and dads don’t do that
For me that's why I don't mind MOD so much, she has other selling points and interests and has majorly cut back on her exposure of the children. FOD however has no grid without the twins.

You're right, "normal" parents don't do that. This is what insta-families do. Some sell out for less than others.

Reactions: 4
I like Clemmie but find Simon so cringe I couldn’t follow him. The silly selfie faces he does, no just no. I was surprised though that Clemmie is 33 and Simon is 35, they seem older somehow.

I like Clemmie but find Simon so cringe I couldn’t follow him. The silly selfie faces he does, no just no. I was surprised though that Clemmie is 33 and Simon is 35, they seem older somehow.
Holy cow, I'm older than them! I thought they were older too!

They do seem older don’t they, I guess they had their children fairy young....

I agree re MOD she’s cut back loads, I can’t remember the last time she posted about the older kids, twins are there a bit but generally she seems to be more conscious about sharing more engaging content I for one found her menstrual cup post really insightful and learnt loads.

fod on the other hand is a twerp but I can accept his persona is an act. I bet he’s just a run of the mill guy in his day job as a management consultant I don’t like the exposure of the their kids though but what is he without them?

• Haha
There’s not really any point in her cutting back on the children being exposed if they don’t both agree to it, especially since he has twice as many followers as her. I find that very strange. She’s obviously got real concerns about what she’s shared about the children, but he doesn’t share the concerns or respect her concerns enough to follow her lead. I think that’s a really bad sign. If my ‘hubby’ was exploiting my children for cash, I’d get him to put a stop to it

I hate the hidden collaborations and freebies. The whole grabby way they go about it. And they seem far from m
There’s not really any point in her cutting back on the children being exposed if they don’t both agree to it, especially since he has twice as many followers as her. I find that very strange. She’s obviously got real concerns about what she’s shared about the children, but he doesn’t share the concerns or respect her concerns enough to follow her lead. I think that’s a really bad sign. If my ‘hubby’ was exploiting my children for cash, I’d get him to put a stop to it
yes absolutely. She’s clearly had a rethink and changed her account. I refollowed as until recently, for a while it seemed better. But considering she posted on mumsnet saying she didn’t agree with some of his posts, particularly the potty post that had been flagged up, why did he not take it down? So rude and disrespectful. And although her account is less child focused, he who has nearly 1 million followers, constantly posts the kids. So between them they are no better than the Meldrum s. Most of what you see is free.

And the supportive poster above, she’s not grey? Most of the house is a dreary grey with shades of grey. Grey painted floor boards. It looks so boring and unwelcoming.

I also found a recent post very pretentious, when she spoke of how important it was to have a room for adults only. I mean wtf? So out of touch with majority of your followers... and if she didn’t have insta money and fame she’d still be in her 4 bed in Crystal Palace without the luxury of an adults only room.

Oh c'mon, compare her house squares to someone like Mrs Hinch's room shots. Grey shiny carpets, grey walls, grey tassled cushions on grey sofas, complimented with a Homesense grey candle. THAT is what I mean.

I think there’s grey (tasteful) and grey Mrs Hinch...
Also reading lots of her interiors posts many of those rooms were grey when they moved in to my knowledge she’s painted her kitchen white and her living rooms green.

No way the ODs would be seen dead having the same kind of interiors as the likes of Mrs Hinch and that’s kind of the point.

Mrs Hinch appeals to the non middle class demo and the ODs are quite clearly MC. It doesn’t make them better to have the uniform Farrow and Ball or whatever the latest over priced paint craze is that people in their circle are wetting themselves over.

Both accounts are selling a lifestyle, I do raise my eyebrows at those defending her. She took a break from her account when all the criticism got too much. She came back, clean slate as if nothing had happened once all the mumsnet threads had died down and continued to flog and not declare holidays and paid for ads by being as sly as she always was.

I find it surprising that there are still folk who see anything she does as ethical. It’s advertising, they are selling themselves and their life style. They get it largely for free and you are expected to pay. All the sisterhood, the fake body anxiety, the faux feminism and the cause of the day type posts are all designed to get you ignore that the majority of her content is ads. It also helps keep her engagement levels up to chat to the plebs about “woke” causes.

Reactions: 11
If anything good came from those mumsnet threads and her hiatus - is transparency in her posts and less selling content that contains the kids. I don’t find her adveritisng sly nor her faux feminism she is one that stands out to me as someone who engages in really interesting discussions not some of that drivel other Instamums churn out.

Of course she’s selling to a certain demographic I guess that’s the thing with Instagram, those who love Mrs Hinch, those who love Mrs Meldrum there’s enough space for everyone?

Clemmie was actually my midwife about 4 years ago and she was such a lovely, sweet, down to earth person. The Clemmie I see on Instagram is nothing at all like that person I knew at all

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.