MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If that company approached her and offered free party bags the profit they will have gained from her mentioning them will be bigger than her purchasing them in the first place. It’s much more lucrative for a small brand to work in this way. I’ve followed a few small businesses who have grown hugely because an influencer has mentioned them. It’s pretty smart for both parties involved don’t you think?
No. Ok so her followers mean they get exposure but for her to grab expensive freebies? It’s not smart it’s greedy.
And the fact that she has shown them in stories as almost an after thought just so rude.

Reactions: 2
Yeah she was all like

“Yeah yknow when we bought our first flat in London it was tiny and had damp on the wall,we’ve worked so hard to get where we are now” bla bla bla.

Right ho love.

Working 1 shift a week for the NHS does not afford you a flat in London, and it definitely doesn’t get you a fancy house in Kent.

Why can’t they just be honest; we are middle class, we come from wealthy families, money has never been an issue, we were given money from our parents to buy our first home and now we are earning a fortune from being sales people on Instagram.
To be fair - where they live isn’t that great. Ramsgate is up and coming but they probs bought that house cash from selling their house in crystal palace

Reactions: 4
To be fair - where they live isn’t that great. Ramsgate is up and coming but they probs bought that house cash from selling their house in crystal palace
They're in Margate not Ramsgate. Margate is becoming an increasingly trendy option for londoners looking to move out of town. It has a good independent scene to it and some amazing properties still at a relatively affordable price.

No. Ok so her followers mean they get exposure but for her to grab expensive freebies? It’s not smart it’s greedy.
And the fact that she has shown them in stories as almost an after thought just so rude.
Bet the business are pretty stocked with the agreement. There’s a lot she does which gets on my nerves but I really can’t see an issue with her promoting a small brand for the price of what 10 party bags? It’s the way small brands rely on business, in a sea of thousands of small brands on instagram they’ll now stand out against the rest and probably sell hundreds of bags

It’s Ramsgate they’re in isn’t it ?

There was a magazine article written about them , the house and Clemmie’s plans to change the interior , sure it’s Ramsgate.

Reactions: 1
Bet the business are pretty stocked with the agreement. There’s a lot she does which gets on my nerves but I really can’t see an issue with her promoting a small brand for the price of what 10 party bags? It’s the way small brands rely on business, in a sea of thousands of small brands on instagram they’ll now stand out against the rest and probably sell hundreds of bags
I bet the businesses are actually thinking this woman is so greedy she’ll take it and if she’s shows it we’ll get some business. The party bag contents are very expensive (did you look?) this freebie would be over £200 to the average follower. I get your point, it’s good for business, it doesn’t change my viewpoint on the MOFOD’s and the way she has freebies. Wasnt the party planner a freebie? Probably why she waited to show the bags. Because I imagine everything from the cakes/clothes/party bags was a freebie. And if it wasn’t, that’s how they are viewed as reality stars who are just taking all they can.

I want to like them. I want her to be an amazing midwife and be better than this and genuine. But she isn’t.
TheModernMidwife is everything Clemmie could have been.

People keep saying how much they admire her and working, but one day a week, a cleaner and lots of help - it isn't exactly hard. That would be a holiday for many working mothers.
I’m a nurse, I work full time and I have a toddler. I wish I could afford a cleaner. It would be my dream!

Yes I think it is Ramsgate and IIRC they sold their 2 bed London flat for the same price (or very close) to what they bought their current 7 bed property.

Reactions: 3
They defo had a house in London anyway I’m not that interested in what they sold and bought.
Like I said up thread I’m interested in her midwifery side and with the re launch of her blog and other Instagram account I’ll be focussing on that. The rest is just noise, gossip and rumours

I’m a nurse, I work full time and I have a toddler. I wish I could afford a cleaner. It would be my dream!
Ditto, and a full time ‘37.5 hour’ week in this NHS is very rarely that with unclaimed missed breaks, rarely finishing on time and often being physically unable to leave the ward as staffing levels are dangerous (all while being snowed under with paperwork). I’ve never known her to talk about any pressures she faces while she’s sitting in the staff room instagramming her crocs, I often wonder what her colleagues think of her one flouncing in one day a week.

Ditto, and a full time ‘37.5 hour’ week in this NHS is very rarely that with unclaimed missed breaks, rarely finishing on time and often being physically unable to leave the ward as staffing levels are dangerous (all while being snowed under with paperwork). I’ve never known her to talk about any pressures she faces while she’s sitting in the staff room instagramming her crocs, I often wonder what her colleagues think of her one flouncing in one day a week.
PRECISLEY! I wonder if she’s bank or agency. My trust doesn’t allow anything under 22.5hr contracts.

I seriously looked at a cleaner but it was £20 a week, £80 a month. It sounds tiny but £80 of our disposable income is quite a chunk. Rather spend that £80 on my toddler.

Reactions: 3
The main money maker has been the twins in my opinion. I really don’t think their growth would’ve been so rapid if they had just one baby and not the twins.

Also, as a single parent, it really makes me laugh how she almost falls apart when she has to have the kids on her own. She has the kids for a couple of days when FOD is away for work or whatever and it seems like she literally can not cope. I remember once when he got back she took herself to a hotel for the night alone to recover.
I’m sorry but get a bloody grip ??‍♀

(ps I’m not being all woo single parents are better than others etc etc. I’m just meaning some of us are doing it alone 100% of the time and just get on with it)

Reactions: 16
The main money maker has been the twins in my opinion. I really don’t think their growth would’ve been so rapid if they had just one baby and not the twins.

Also, as a single parent, it really makes me laugh how she almost falls apart when she has to have the kids on her own. She has the kids for a couple of days when FOD is away for work or whatever and it seems like she literally can not cope. I remember once when he got back she took herself to a hotel for the night alone to recover.
I’m sorry but get a bloody grip ??‍♀

(ps I’m not being all woo single parents are better than others etc etc. I’m just meaning some of us are doing it alone 100% of the time and just get on with it)
Can you imagine booking a hotel when you have to have your children?!? Haaaa!

Yes I think it is Ramsgate and IIRC they sold their 2 bed London flat for the same price (or very close) to what they bought their current 7 bed property.
They sold a 4 bed house in London which was roughly the same price as the old doctors surgery they bought in Thanet. All the details were online and posted by people on mumsnet.

She’s 100% doing gas and air blog not to help others but to stay in public eye in a woke way that will get lots of back patting.
Also would hate it if she was my mum she seems so inconvenienced by her children they just have to do one thing that doesn’t fit in with her perfection and she gets the jump with them

Reactions: 7
She’s 100% doing gas and air blog not to help others but to stay in public eye in a woke way that will get lots of back patting.
Also would hate it if she was my mum she seems so inconvenienced by her children they just have to do one thing that doesn’t fit in with her perfection and she gets the jump with them
She definitely doesn’t give off a vibe that her heart is in it with the midwifery. She used to be really passionate and it felt genuine. It now feels like a box she needs to tick.
I’m sure if she could just be a full time influencer she would, it’s just too risky as it’s such a new form of career.

It seems like the midwife gig is a sideline. Her main occupation is being an influencer.

I find it sad that women still look up to her as a Midwife when she spends the majority of her time posting stuff she gets for free for all the lemmings who follow her to spend their actual money on.

It’s all so obviously aspirational. I don’t know anyone who has hundreds/thousands to spend on a festival for a couple of days and that’s before you count in the obligatory glittery crappy catsuits and trendy wellies and karts to ferry your little darlings around as you stumble around drunk on overpriced gin in a can and fake pseudo sisterhood, patting yourself and your chinless friends on the back for being bleeping kind, peak white middle class feminism at its worst.

They are a bleeping parody of themselves at this point.

Reactions: 16
Ive always said the same that having those twins was the jackpot for them.
I do wonder how long they can ride the twin coat tails though (is that the saying?) The twins were cute when they were little but now it's all the same thing, watching them run around the bath or being put in some basket ect in a store. I hate to say it but they're also losing their cuteness.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.