MOD & FOD #7 When my grid gets full of #pressdiscount plugs, it’s time to whip out my saintly scrubs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I questioned the whole 'press' thing. Her response was that she feels she provides 'editorial' content (whatever that is) therefore she basically considers herself press. They're all doing it though and it is totally just a new way of saying gifted. There's obviously been a new influencer manual published which advises them on what terms to use to get around the ASA/CMA stuff (who are a total waste of space anyway).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Phrases like press discount, working with etc are noted as being ambiguous by the ASA, it seems to be a grey area influencers have stumbled across and are currently exploiting. The ASA's stock response is as it's not #ad, it doesn't come under their remit :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
It is so so sad. This woman’s wealth and following stemmed initially from her passion in her career. She was admired and well respected. Very attractive and with the ‘perfect’ life. She know deems this utter crap as hard work. She’s ‘worked hard’ to build this following that brings this privileged life. No Clemmie, you and your husband sold your children and have built a home full of free tit and no privacy. It’s hollow and you are so far removed from your younger self. It’s easy to redesign and decorate a bathroom when everything in it is free. I honestly don’t know how she can do this, how does she feel about herself really? I mean she’s so smug she probably just strokes herself and preens in front of the gifted mirror about how very clever and important they are. With her fake teeth and fake hair.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Could always go after the companies and ask what this means exactly.

Reactions: 2
Thank god for that! Poor little love, I was worried for a minute she’d paid for something.
She did, she paid for the toothbrush holder and a few other bits from TIGER!!! Such a contrast. It’s laughable really. I’d hate to live in a house full of stuff chosen by others or only having it because I was asked to select something from a range and then selecting what I think would look good on Instagram, knowing my clique would be scrutinishing, other brands would be looking also, not to mention being critiqued by thousands of followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Personally, I don't like her interior taste, it's too dark and maudlin, and too 'of the moment' so will date quickly.

The girls bathroom is ok, but I think she could have had more fun with it - it's a bit clinical. But it's all a matter of taste

Reactions: 8
No wonder the NHS is so broke if a one day a week midwife is paid enough to spunk 75 monkeys on a mat. 😂

Clemmie could just use the advised language that the CMA recommends and say AD gifted and avoid any grey patches, but sly as ever!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s very sly - didn’t mention the bathmat and another item as being gifted on her Instagram photos yesterday but this morning, said they were gifted on an Instastory which will disappear in a day.

Reactions: 9
Well that's 4 minutes I won't get back looking at the bathroom stories.

I snorted at the end as the only thing she's makes a point of saying she bought is the £2 soap dispenser from tiger. Never change Hun 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You know what? I like the bathroom! I hate myself and please, if you ever see me, punch me in the head but I do like it!!

It’s a shame that she can’t just come out and admit to being freakishly lucky in that she’s paid for about 1% of things in said bathroom but that’s our Clemmie isn’t it, as murky as a coal miners bath water.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She’s very sly - didn’t mention the bathmat and another item as being gifted on her Instagram photos yesterday but this morning, said they were gifted on an Instastory which will disappear in a day.
The whole thing with gifts for influencers is seedy, in the past, receiving goods in lieu of payment and being shady about is was known as accepting a backhander and illegal.

I think she missed a trick not having a vulva mosaic on the floor. Seeing as we're always reminded its a vulva house

059a77_937834ef0c894ce1954a972f5e5e7bb6_mv2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Why does she keep banging on about how teeny weeny her bathroom is so they had to really work around that for space ?
The average bathroom in a house surely has room for either bath or shower (in general). She has room for a roll top bath ,walk in shower shower, 2 cupboards , fireplace, full length towel rail, toilet and double sink .

They are so far removed from reality it's shocking

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I’ve had to unfollow her as I’ve found it’s bringing me down watching their privileged life when i live in a 2 up 2 down with 1 toilet between 4 😕 That’s not a dig at anybody that has a big house like that good luck to you but for me personally with them it comes across a bit boastful.
I know what you mean, I was looking at someone’s posts the other day and lots of quite big stuff was gifted and I thought ‘why are they getting free stuff when they look quite affluent’ but of course the brands want to give them stuff so they can photograph it and encourage others to buy their things, it leaves quite a bad taste in the mouth when you see what some of them get - and make no mistake their Instagram posts fund that lifestyle - the grabby grabby me me me lifestyle

And what is it with these stringy, half arsed, dead looking crappy plants 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
MOD as had a surge in new followers so i checked out- her PA team are working hard to buy her followers it seems !

• Haha
  • Wow
Yes, the black fittings are odd compared to the more traditional fittings in the sink. The sink is cast iron enamelled. It’s like they were doing two different bathrooms. The toilet is jarring as well. Do the older girls have their own bathroom?
I'd say not judging by the A, M, D, O hooks on the door.

Reactions: 1
The girls’ bathroom couldn’t be less kid orientated. I like the pink, but it looks really cold and clinical - wish we had the luxury of a bathroom for the kids, they’ll just have to manage with our small (actual small, not Clemmie small 🙄) shared bathroom that i decorated like a bathroom, not an early 1900’s asylum suite......

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't think Gimmie has any real, innate sense of style. I think her eye is just caught by the latest fad and whatever is currently trending on social media. She is a clichéd conformist rather than naturally stylish.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't think Gimmie has any real, innate sense of style. I think her eye is just caught by the latest fad and whatever is currently trending on social media. She is a clichéd conformist rather than naturally stylish.
Absolutely.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.