MOD & FOD #7 When my grid gets full of #pressdiscount plugs, it’s time to whip out my saintly scrubs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess when a portion of your bathroom reno is funded off the back of press discounts, you can afford to splurge on an instagrammable bath mat. Mine is from Lidl.

Reactions: 12
I doubt the bathmat was paid for and who really wants a Rudie Nudie bath mat. Goes against correct body terminology, body positivity, etc. really when you think about it.

Reactions: 14
I think ‘Nudie Rudie’ is really odd. It’s not a very nice mat and they are children, being naked isn’t rude. My husband is sometimes rude when he’s naked but not my 3 year old.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes, I think the mat is totally inappropriate.

But whoever said you need to close the loo - do people do that? Mine are always open.

Reactions: 3

But whoever said you need to close the loo - do people do that? Mine are always open.
I close ours, it's supposidly bad feng shui to have the lids open, something about it being linked to money. In our house it's mostly down to if they're not closed, the cats will drink the water 🤢 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
bathroom layout has not made the most of the space. I know they have a sloped roof to contend with, but it could have been planned more cleverly.

Reactions: 7
Gold is a Neutral has had that bathmat for ages, in various publications displaying her bathroom.

My problem with this bathroom and many of their renovations, is despite the high cost they seem to have a uncanny habit of making everything look cheap and tacky. It’s not appropriate for kids, the floor looks like cheap lino with a dodgy chavvy ‘girls’ printed on, ‘bespoke lino I’ll have you know’, the bath feet look plastic and tacky. The bath itself is too high for the ceiling, any child over 3 is going to bang their head. The modern black fittings are too powerful for such a cramped space. It’s clearly just for the twins and kind of horrifying she’s pushing such s foul gender stereotypical colour scheme and feel on such young women.
How does she make everything look so cheap and nasty?
Yes, the black fittings are odd compared to the more traditional fittings in the sink. The sink is cast iron enamelled. It’s like they were doing two different bathrooms. The toilet is jarring as well. Do the older girls have their own bathroom?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I desperately want to ask what the heck press discount is, it's such an ambiguous term that basically means GIFTED but I don't want to say gifted so I paid £1 so it's not TECHNICALLY a gift. Or whatever. The comments are weirdly full of praise, I think it looks odd, and soon the girls will need/want a shower, and then what? Oh, another reno!

Reactions: 4
I desperately want to ask what the heck press discount is, it's such an ambiguous term that basically means GIFTED but I don't want to say gifted so I paid £1 so it's not TECHNICALLY a gift. Or whatever. The comments are weirdly full of praise, I think it looks odd, and soon the girls will need/want a shower, and then what? Oh, another reno!
You’ll probably get blocked if you ask.

Yes, the black fittings are odd compared to the more traditional fittings in the sink. The sink is cast iron enamelled. It’s like they were doing two different bathrooms. The toilet is a jarring as well. Do the older girls have their own bathroom?
Having refitted our bathroom before everyone went crazy for black or gold taps etc, I'm intrigued to see how well this finish lasts against limescale and toothpaste.

Reactions: 7

Ha ha that was me. It was my Mum that drilled that into me to be fair so now it bothers me, but maybe it wouldn’t if she hadn’t hated it. Worst is on estate agent pictures like close the lid of the loo 🙈

Yes, the black fittings are odd compared to the more traditional fittings in the sink. The sink is cast iron enamelled. It’s like they were doing two different bathrooms. The toilet is a jarring as well. Do the older girls have their own bathroom?
They kept the old toilet?! So weird. It’s a complete mismatch.
Well in the professional photos there’s only the twins towels, but in her videos there’s 2 towels and 2 hooded towels with all their initials on pegs. Although she stated on FODs account that she knew when he skipped bath time (it’s not her job ya know) because the towels she’d folded for bath the night before would still be folded... lies lies lies. Crap bathroom for Anya.

Reactions: 2
I swear it’s been asked as got a crappy response from her that didn’t really answer the question. Something like she feels that’s the most transparent way to tag something she’s received a discount on. Someone else might remember better than me but that was definitely the gist. She tags it as that ‘for us’ 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 1
I don't understand why the bath is so small and cramped? Neither twin will be able to stretch out in it and relax once they reach puberty? And everything in the bathroom is disproportionately small for the size of the room? Everything just visually jars and looks haphazard somehow.

Reactions: 4
I don't understand why the bath is so small and cramped? Neither twin will be able to stretch out in it and relax once they reach puberty? And everything in the bathroom is disproportionately small for the size of the room? Everything just visually jars and looks haphazard somehow.
It’s supposedly for all of the kids now. Anya is 12

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.