MOD & FOD #6 Hanging out with a secret nanny, doing admin on my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone please enlighten me as to why would anyone choose not to have scans? They do no harm to the baby right?

Reactions: 2
Can someone please enlighten me as to why would anyone choose not to have scans? They do no harm to the baby right?
They are completely safe. The podcast guest said she had seen lots of women whose scans had flagged a problem but that had turned out to be a mistake, and it caused unnecessary worry. She fails to mention the many more times a problem picked up at scan has dictated a change in treatment/early delivery etc that has saved the mother’s or baby’s lives.

Having had a stillborn baby myself I can unequivocally say that any anxiety as a result of an incorrect anomaly scan is completely incomparable to the anguish of losing your baby to a preventable problem (mine wasn’t because I didn’t have scans btw!).

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Hi, I’m new here and had to come on to vent about the caption on her latest podcast plug. Why the duck does she think it’s responsible to promote someone who refused scans to check the well-being of their unborn child? It’s unfathomably stupid and reflects extremely poorly on her as a midwife imo.
Who does she have on? I’m blocked so can’t check.

Reactions: 3
She's a doula called Maisie Hill.
Ah was wondering if it was mamalina because she decided to go through her pregnancy with minimal medical assistance. Remember at one point she said she didn’t know how many weeks pregnant she was...some of her followers called her out on it and she quickly back-pedalled saying she was seeing a midwife regularly

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was exposed to Slapped Cheek syndrome when I was early on in pregnancy with one of my children , I didn’t realise the virus could damage an unborn baby and the care I received was fantastic .

I needed a scan to assess the growth and whatever other checks they did, I can’t imagine refusing such a thing .

MoD’s showing support for this attitude by broadcasting that woman’s daft views.

Is she an anti vaxxer too?

Reactions: 13
And, the hospital she works at, Kings, has the Harris Birthright Centre, gold standard centre of fetal medicine run by Prof Kypros Nicolaides,

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I want to complain about this.Clemmie didn’t even try and give a balanced view on this and just nodded along. Not acceptable when she must be earning a thousand times more than all the other midwives in her department, and she can’t even be bothered to say anything.

It’s absolutely every women’s right to choice and no one should be forced to do anything but that choice should be an informed choice. By nodding along it sounds as if Clemmie (in her midwife capacity) is advocating this kind of approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Is there someone we could complain to? If you complain to her she’ll just block. It’s scary to think impressionable women will listen and could be influenced by this. Especially as it’s been said Clemmie didn’t even question the view or suggest it might be wrong. How unprofessional. I’m raging

Reactions: 8
Is there someone we could complain to? If you complain to her she’ll just block. It’s scary to think impressionable women will listen and could be influenced by this. Especially as it’s been said Clemmie didn’t even question the view or suggest it might be wrong. How unprofessional. I’m raging
I think the NMC and KC hospital represent the perfect places to start.

Reactions: 12
I had MANY cycles of IVF with immune treatment and had MANY miscarriages to get my son. He was a twin, but unfortunately at 10 weeks I started to bleed heavily and I was told as a matter of fact in A&E that I had lost both babies but as it was night there was no EPU until the next day. EPU scanned me the next morning to discover that whilst I had lost one twin the other was still going strong. Without that scan I wouldn’t have known and would perhaps have taken risks that I wouldn’t have done so had I have known.

At my 12 week scan it showed my son had a 2 vessel cord - something that can happen in twin pregnancies, it can sometimes harm babies kidneys - wouldn’t have known that without a scan.

My baby was large, he was almost 10lb when I had him at 37 weeks. I might not have been prepared for that without a scan.

Piss off with your faux-fashionable alternative birth stories. If you’re lucky you’ll have a baby out of your fanny or your belly, perhaps without scans you might not be so lucky.

Another thing that irritates the tit out of me is pregnancy, birth and parenting books like the one she’s promoting now. It’s been done to death and just like parenting magazines are absolute gash.

Scans are beneficial, baby books are not.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I had MANY cycles of IVF with immune treatment and had MANY miscarriages to get my son. He was a twin, but unfortunately at 10 weeks I started to bleed heavily and I was told as a matter of fact in A&E that I had lost both babies but as it was night there was no EPU until the next day. EPU scanned me the next morning to discover that whilst I had lost one twin the other was still going strong. Without that scan I wouldn’t have known and would perhaps have taken risks that I wouldn’t have done so had I have known.

At my 12 week scan it showed my son had a 2 vessel cord - something that can happen in twin pregnancies, it can sometimes harm babies kidneys - wouldn’t have known that without a scan.

My baby was large, he was almost 10lb when I had him at 37 weeks. I might not have been prepared for that without a scan.

Piss off with your faux-fashionable alternative birth stories. If you’re lucky you’ll have a baby out of your fanny or your belly, perhaps without scans you might not be so lucky.

Another thing that irritates the tit out of me is pregnancy, birth and parenting books like the one she’s promoting now. It’s been done to death and just like parenting magazines are absolute gash.

Scans are beneficial, baby books are not.
That fanny - belly bit made me 😂😂😂

Reactions: 6
It's sickening. It's middle-class, happy-clappy, smugdom at its worst. Expectant Mums in 70% of the world would give anything to have access to things like scans. But they don't. And they and their unborn babies die, or suffer terrible consequences as a result.

This stupid woman has the luxury of indulging her happy-clappy nonsense, safe in the knowledge that IF something went wrong at birth then she has fast access to some of the best obstetrics care in the world.

She would be bluelighted to hospital. Emergency crash section. A minimum obstetric team of 11 in the operating theatre with her. The whole works. Just because she was too special to follow the recommended code of practice.

Entitled twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It's sickening. It's middle-class, happy-clappy, smugdom at its worst. Expectant Mums in 70% of the world would give anything to have access to things like scans. But they don't. And they and their unborn babies die, or suffer terrible consequences as a result.

This stupid woman has the luxury of indulging her happy-clappy nonsense, safe in the knowledge that IF something went wrong at birth then she has fast access to some of the best obstetrics care in the world.

She would be bluelighted to hospital. Emergency crash section. A minimum obstetric team of 11 in the operating theatre with her. The whole works. Just because she was too special to follow the recommended code of practice.

Entitled twit.
Just don’t read her Instagram account about periods it makes me glad I had a hysterectomy 🙄

Reactions: 4
I had extra scans in both pregnancies. With my first suspected placenta previa, at my 32 week scan to check it had moved. I was pleased but certainly didn't think ok I wont have scans next time as nothing was wrong! With my second he was suspected breech so had a scan to check. His head was down. Great! I'm done now but scans are a lifesaving check that we are lucky to have.

Reactions: 8
I was exposed to Slapped Cheek syndrome when I was early on in pregnancy with one of my children , I didn’t realise the virus could damage an unborn baby and the care I received was fantastic .

I needed a scan to assess the growth and whatever other checks they did, I can’t imagine refusing such a thing .

MoD’s showing support for this attitude by broadcasting that woman’s daft views.

Is she an anti vaxxer too?
I caught parvovirus (slapped cheek) at 8 weeks pregnant with my little boy. I had extensive scans and I’m so grateful he was fine. Certainly didn’t turn them down in subsequent pregnancies because it had been stressful...

Reactions: 6
It gives me the Rage when these bloody women espouse a return to 'natural childbirth' and avoiding the interventions of modern obstetrics. And, what used to happen before modern obstetrics? Mothers and their babies died. In their millions.

Reactions: 21
A couple of people commenting about not having scans being dangerous. Clemmie has responded that there is a disclaimer in the podcast stating that you should speak to your midwife. She is a bloody midwife apparently!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.